DVDVR Message Board

Your 2019 Internet Matches Thread

Noah Mark

Konnan is not my favorite dude, but he sold a glorious beatdown and bled buckets in the traditional big card run-up match to Low Ki's title defense against Tom Lawlor @ MLW Superfight (Feb 2 in Philly, PA) during last weeks MLW Fusion television taping.

You will probably want to skip the Simon Gotch / Ace Romero match unless you really like fat guys... er... super heavyweights in action.

I will cross post this in the Heel Beatdown thread if I can find it.

Kenou's hair (and work, obviously) is epic. I haven't seen the dude since that match with Fujita Jr. Hayato in M-Pro and all of the sudden (well, many years later) he's fighting for the GHC Heavyweight title, against some guy I've never heard of, and has the greatest haircut of all time along with working like a junior version of Tenryu? Sign me up. 

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Kenou's hair (and work, obviously) is epic. I haven't seen the dude since that match with Fujita Jr. Hayato in M-Pro and all of the sudden (well, many years later) he's fighting for the GHC Heavyweight title, against some guy I've never heard of, and has the greatest haircut of all time along with working like a junior version of Tenryu? Sign me up. 

Man, you really need to check out basically everything he's done from late 2017 on. There are two good tournament runs and a GHC title reign in there, with a lot of very rude kicking. Highlights against Edwards, Shiozaki, Nakajima, Marafuji, Kotoge, Kiyomiya (with Kenou defending), Sugiura. I think all of these are on youtube, though often under a Kenoh spelling.

To contribute to the thread more directly:

• Like 1

The Dragon Lee / Rich Swann and Low Ki / Fred Yehi matches on this ep are perfectly fine wrestling matches.

The highly gimmicked Pillman Jr. vs. Dreamer Singapore Cane Match is a bit of a garbage snoozefest, but Pillman the Younger does possess a pretty snarky finisher.

This might be an experiment on their part but the WWE did upload to its YT channel a full match from it's own TV programming

Mark Andrews/Flash Morgan Webster vs. Fabian Aichner/Marcel Barthel

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...