DVDVR Message Board

2018 NFL - WEEK SEVEN

RIPPA

Justin Tucker missing an extra point to lose a game is stunning .  He barely misses field goals much less extra point

Cowboys have their time outs so maybe there is still a chance.   Especially with how timid Gruden is in these situations 

If this game goes to OT, Alex Smith running out of bounds on 3rd down is going to be talked about all week long.  Hell probably still will be.  Incredibly stupid

Yeah that is good without the penalty.   Get ready for the irrational Super Bowl talk 

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Skins are gonna luck box their way into a playoff berth this year.

Worse they are probably going to win the division.  They got the Giants next week who is so bad we aren't even sure if they are tanking the season.   The Eagles may be the only team with a chance and they are stuggling

The Eric Reid/Malcom Jenkins confrontation is an interesting and albeit a childish one.   They went at each other in pre-game with Reid being very vocal person in the argument.  Reid was also uber aggressive in the game mostly with dumb results.  Apparently Reid thinks that Jenkins is a sell out and used the Colin Kaepernick thing to boost himself up personally.   

2 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Was it just me, or was there a guy behind one of the end zones in Arrowhead (where the Bengals scored their 2nd-quarter TD) wearing a black hoodie that said, "I shaved my balls for this?"

That's what I saw.  I get enough weird stares when i wear the Dusty Sucks Eggs shirt I found online let alone what this guy must get

Your formerly 0-3 Texans are now 4-3 and in sole possession of first place in the AFC South.  I have no explanation other than the AFC South is actively the worst division ever.  Still, no matter how they did it, the Texans didn't win 4 games all year last year.  Pray for Deshaun Watson's health.  Apparently, his lung is in such terrible shape they decided to bus him to Jacksonville instead of flying him, for fear of low air pressure.  

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

The Eric Reid/Malcom Jenkins confrontation is an interesting and albeit a childish one.   They went at each other in pre-game with Reid being very vocal person in the argument.  Reid was also uber aggressive in the game mostly with dumb results.  Apparently Reid thinks that Jenkins is a sell out and used the Colin Kaepernick thing to boost himself up personally.   

That's exactly what happened and Jenkins should be called out for it.  Reid is not doing any of this for personal gain.  

Is it me or is coaching in general in serious decline? My god all the coaches in the AFC South are just garbage. Frank Reich in Indy going for it on 4th down all but guaranteeing a loss against the Texans, Vrabel in Tenn. going for 2 instead of tying and playing overtime, Marrone turning a talented Jag team into a dysfunctional dumpster fire, and O’Brien not having an OC and actively trying to get the one decent QB he’s ever had killed. It’s atrocious. And Jason Garrett and Sean McDermott and so many more. What the hell? Why can fans see the idiocy but these pros can’t?

I'm not sure if Mcdermott is bad or not. The Nathan Peterman shit is dumb as hell, but trading away McCaron is on him and Beane I think. The eating a shit ton of cap room this season didn't help matters.  The defense has been solid, and they did make the playoffs last year, even it was via the back door. I'm not saying he's good, but I have a hard time saying he's shit too. Given how shitty the WR core is, I doubt Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady could carry them very far.