DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

How many years does a QB get to be a "phenom with potential"?  This is his fourth year.  A good QB lasts how long total? 10 years?  15 if eveything works out amazingly well. 

At some point in a year or two, he is half way through that life expectancy and people are still saying "Once he blossoms!!!!" it doesn't make sense anymore.  Sanchez was four year in when people started saying "Look, this is just what he is...he's fully formed and that's as good as it gets."

With the rookie contract system in place, I doubt a QB will get 4-5 years to develop anymore.  More like 2, maybe 3 if they're with the right team.  There's no true penality in moving away from a guy if you don't like him.  Which is a blessing and a curse.  It's good if a team can get away from a guy that's not working for them, but the system somewhat assumes that all rookie QBs will develop quickly and doesn't take different learning curves into account.

Geordi Nelson too. I repeat, he's an X-Man and this NFL thing is his cover ID.

Nelson and Cobb would battle for the 3, though Cobb would probably get more time due to usefulness in the slot.The NFC South is interesting here. Brees at QB, Martin at RB, Jones at WR with White, Smith, Jackson, and Colston rotating with Graham and Gonzalez at TE. Not the top end talent of the North, but could cause mismatches everywhere.
  • Like 1

The AFC East is dogshit don't even pretend otherwise.

Better than the pack and the wannabes. . .

Really? You think the Bills, the Jets and the fucking Dolphins would reach .500 in the North? Take out the Lions, as the worst team, and you see those teams beating anyone else home or away?

No dude, it's the Pats and the three stooges.

• Like 1

The AFC East is dogshit don't even pretend otherwise.

Better than the pack and the wannabes. . .

Really? You think the Bills, the Jets and the fucking Dolphins would reach .500 in the North? Take out the Lions, as the worst team, and you see those teams beating anyone else home or away?

No dude, it's the Pats and the three stooges.

Let's see, the Vikes are one dimensional, the Lions suck dick, the Bears are better, and the Packers are the best team in either div. The fish or Pats  could win or finish a close 2nd, the Bills or Jets are better than the Vikes or silver kitty cats.. . .

Are you really trying to say the skill level in the AFC East is better then the NFC North? I will give a skill position depth chart to destroy your argument.

NFC North

QB: Rodgers, Stafford, Cutler

RB: Peterson, Forte, Bush

WR: Johnson, Marshall, Cobb, Nelson, Jones

TE: Bennett, Rudolph, Finley

Tight Ends aren't great, and I'm starting Bennett on grounds of being the best blocker. Now... AFC East

AFC East

QB: Brady, Tannehill, Smith

RB: Spiller, Ridley, Miller

WR: Johnson, Wallace, Amendola, Hartline, Gibson

TE: Gronk, Chandler, ???

I legitimately can't name a 3rd AFC East TE, not including Keller.

Are you really trying to say the skill level in the AFC East is better then the NFC North? I will give a skill position depth chart to destroy your argument.NFC NorthQB: Rodgers, Stafford, CutlerRB: Peterson, Forte, BushWR: Johnson, Marshall, Cobb, Nelson, JonesTE: Bennett, Rudolph, FinleyTight Ends aren't great, and I'm starting Bennett on grounds of being the best blocker. Now... AFC EastAFC EastQB: Brady, Tannehill, SmithRB: Spiller, Ridley, MillerWR: Johnson, Wallace, Amendola, Hartline, GibsonTE: Gronk, Chandler, ???I legitimately can't name a 3rd AFC East TE, not including Keller.

Fred Jackson whose seen his best days, starts for either the Lions or pack. . . .and EJ is better than Geno, Megatron and Marshall are better,but after that, East is better. . . .