DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 4

Dolfan in NYC

Of all the qbs who have been drafted since him to become starters, the only guy who hasn't lapped Bradford is possibly Brandon Weeden and Blaine Gabbert.

That's right, Tebow and Christian Ponder have done more in the NFL than Bradford. Think about THAT. And Tannehill HAD been neck and neck but is on the verge of leaving Bradford in the dust.

The biggest problem with Bradford is the price tag.  He really hasn't ever had anything around him, I don't think he is awful, but the Rams drafted a fucking QB in the year right before the lockout.  What?  They had to know the direction the league was going in with the rookie pay scale. 

Watching Cam play well for a 3rd of the price has to suck.  

Well, the Browns got BACKUP MAGIC~! from Brian Hoyer last weekend, I guess the Vikes figure they'll give it a try with Cassel this week. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Christian Ponder. 

Between the Steelers and Giants being 0-3 and the Packers and Niners limping to 1-2 starts, this has been some horrible booking by Roger Goodell. He really should pass the torch to HHH. Say what you will about Hunter but at least he knows what's BEST FOR BUSINESS.

Well, the Browns got BACKUP MAGIC~! from Brian Hoyer last weekend, I guess the Vikes figure they'll give it a try with Cassel this week. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Christian Ponder.  Between the Steelers and Giants being 0-3 and the Packers and Niners limping to 1-2 starts, this has been some horrible booking by Roger Goodell. He really should pass the torch to HHH. Say what you will about Hunter but at least he knows what's BEST FOR BUSINESS.

I disagree. He's clearly booking just like Triple H. Take the most popular teams(Giants, Packers) beat them down for a a few weeks. And just when the internet has cried enough tears, turn turn tables. We just haven't gotten to the point where Aaron Rodgers is saved by The Usos and Zack Ryder. And Ndamakong Suh spears Randall Cobb before someone puts him out of his misery.

I'm getting more than annoyed that at least around here, neither FOX or CBS have double-headers anymore, so if the Bills are getting killed (like they probably will be Sunday), I have no other options other than the NFL Network scoreboard.

Well, the Browns got BACKUP MAGIC~! from Brian Hoyer last weekend, I guess the Vikes figure they'll give it a try with Cassel this week. He couldn't possibly be any worse than Christian Ponder.

This seemingly logical statement was proven false last year in the playoff game. They CAN start someone worse than Ponder, somehow.

The biggest problem with Bradford is the price tag.  He really hasn't ever had anything around him, I don't think he is awful, but the Rams drafted a fucking QB in the year right before the lockout.  What?  They had to know the direction the league was going in with the rookie pay scale. 

Watching Cam play well for a 3rd of the price has to suck.  

They still have the 'Skins 1st rounder this year as well as their own. They have to at least consider cutting their losses on Bradford and going with a younger, cheaper option, I would've thought. Dude is just not worth what he is being paid and hasn't really progressed (not that his supporting cast or coaches have helped, but still)

How many years does a QB get to be a "phenom with potential"?  This is his fourth year.  A good QB lasts how long total? 10 years?  15 if eveything works out amazingly well. 

At some point in a year or two, he is half way through that life expectancy and people are still saying "Once he blossoms!!!!" it doesn't make sense anymore.  Sanchez was four year in when people started saying "Look, this is just what he is...he's fully formed and that's as good as it gets."

This seemingly logical statement was proven false last year in the playoff game. They CAN start someone worse than Ponder, somehow.

What's worse was Tony Dungy talking up Joe Webb, like he was gonna throw for 400yds and run for 150.  Then Webb went out there and put on the worst QB performance I've ever seen in a playoff game. 

What's worse was Tony Dungy talking up Joe Webb, like he was gonna throw for 400yds and run for 150.  Then Webb went out there and put on the worst QB performance I've ever seen in a playoff game. 

Jay Cutler, 2011 NFC Championship Game.