DVDVR Message Board

2018 RING OF HONOR THREAD

13 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Anybody going to the Baltimore show tomorrow?  I only know of one match they're hyping but there's been little to no hype about it.

I saw it on the schedule months ago and then promptly forgot about it.  If I get back in town with my daughter at a timely hour on Friday evening, we may try to hit the event. 

At least it is not on a Saturday night where my boo has overpromised us to keep the grandkid overnight.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Is he though? I've always found him to be bland (though somehow pretty great on commentary) and a lesser version of Gulak. 

Bland as a character I can see.   I was talking more about his wrestling.  In terms of in-ring work I would put Gulak ahead of Hot Sauce but not by a huge margin.

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Andrew Everett is in Survival of the Fittest as well.

So far it's Tracy Williams, Marty Scurll and Andrew Everett.

That's a good lineup so far. Of course, I'm not going to get optimistic over anything in the claws of Delirious until I read reports praising the show.

• Like 1

Jonathan Gresham is in the tourny too, If they keep with the current trend it will be half new people half main roster. Hopefully they do the traditional 12 person line up and the 6 man mayhem final has 3 main roster 3 new people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Surprise surprise ROH as already fucked up the trend, they've announced Flip Gordon for Survival of the Fittest.

Hopefully they announce an outsider next. Willie Mack perhaps?

I don't mind Flip, but everyone else that's already announced is a better choice.

Flip is Flip he's ok. He's kind of just there for me. I don't think him and Lethal should have went 14 minutes at ALL IN and why ROH haven't ran a program between him and Cody over Flip being over chummy with Cody's wife is beyond me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

Flip is Flip he's ok. He's kind of just there for me. I don't think him and Lethal should have went 14 minutes at ALL IN and why ROH haven't ran a program between him and Cody over Flip being over chummy with Cody's wife is beyond me.

Billy-Idol-on-plane-the-wedding-singer-4

"Because as you know, here at Ring of Honor, we let our Bullet Cub and NJPW workers book themselves pretty much however they want..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I just found out my friend got me tickets to the Lewiston, Maine Global Wars show.  I never thought I'd get the chance to see some of the New Japan guys live; let alone in freaking Maine.  I know they've announced the RoH talent for the tour, so now its just a wait to see who else is going to be there.

Sorry I know I'm not adding much to the conversation, but man I'm just super excited,

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Iron? Machete?

Looks to be Wild Bill Wholesale which sells weapons (I can be Stevie Ray with the slap jack), camping supplies and random right wing-eqsue T-shirts so it's in line with the Briscoe "brand."

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

Looks to be Wild Bill Wholesale which sells weapons (I can be Stevie Ray with the slap jack), camping supplies and random right wing-eqsue T-shirts so it's in line with the Briscoe "brand."

I just looked at the Wild Bill site. The Briscoes are the perfect spokesmen for them. 

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I thought that

Reveal hidden contents

Daniels was retiring?

I believe the issue was that:

Spoiler

Daniels & Kazarian's contracts expire at the end of the year and Daniels was contemplating retirement if his RoH contract wasn't renewed and it did not seem that RoH wanted to re-sign either of them. 

I don't think CD wants to work anywhere else since he gets paid a decent amount of money for a relatively light road schedule.  Who wouldn't want that gig?

SCU getting booked to win the belts is good sign that contract extensions or new contracts may be in the works.

but I could be wrong.