DVDVR Message Board

Pitchers & Catchers Report 2/12/18

RIPPA

11 hours ago, elizium said:

That's too bad, that was always one of my favourite jersey quirks.

I always liked the mismatched logo, so I'm not super thrilled to see it go, but I will express my support for the enlarging of the cap logo. I really like the way that the bigger version fills up all the empty space on the cap.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:23 PM, Ryan said:

I wish we could dump Braun instead of losing Santana, but that's their problem to sort out. Maybe send them both! ;)

Considering what Braun is still owed (not to mention hisn10/5 rights), no way anyone takes him for anything resembling decent value. Santana is young, controllable for several years and had a breakout season last year. I could see Santana + minor legue filler being enough to get someone like Chris Archer. If the Brewers can get a decent return for Brett Phillips (saw on MLBTR that he might get moved too) they could be a tough team next year. 

*edit to add* Apparently there is talk of trying Braun out at 1B

Ooof - Kevin Towers died

In a sudden piece of heartbreaking news, Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports reports that former Padres and Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers has passed away at the age of 56. Towers had been diagnosed with anaplastic thyroid cancer this past December. Deepest condolences to his family, loved ones and the countless men and women both in the industry and the media whose lives he impacted over the course of a 35-year career in professional baseball.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/01/kevin-towers-passes-away-cancer.html

3 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

What a dickhole. God forbid the guy with a line a mile long of other people wanting something signed doesn't take the extra time to write anything other than his signature on a bat.

Especially because the extra he wants is clearly and cynically just for boosting Resale Value.

As is pointed out over and over again in the replies.  Normally I say Read The Comments Section At Your Peril but in this case the whiny merch flipper is correctly getting, as the kids say these days, dragged.

But wait, he'll have you know that it wasn't him and he clearly says in his tweet that it was his friend who wanted the autograph...even though nowhere in his tweet does he say that it's his friend who wanted "game used" written on the bat. That still didn't stop him from telling multiple people that they were dumb because they ignored how his tweet said it was his friend seeking the autograph.

What a dumbass.