DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - JUNE

RIPPA

57 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

MIL - LAD just turned into a much less enjoyable affair for me late in the game. Chris Hatcher walked the bases juiced B7, was relieved by Josh Fields and Travis Shaw unloaded them with a GS then Hernan Perez followed that with a solo shot to go from 4-3 LAD to 8-4 MIL real fucking quick.

Hopefully the MIL pen gets sloppy here in the next couple innings. The West looks like it's going to be a pretty tight race through the summer and into fall.

Chris FUCKING Taylor just hit a GS T9 to put LAD up 10-8. Thank you for that, leaky MIL bullpen.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yanks have shut down Jacoby Ellsbury - who was already on the concussion DL - due to him developing headaches again

Thankfully, Judge/Hicks/Gardner are all playing out of this world right now. Whenever Ellsbury is back, one of the four should start taking grounders at first. Keep all four in the lineup and possibly fill the black hole at first.

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thankfully, Judge/Hicks/Gardner are all playing out of this world right now. Whenever Ellsbury is back, one of the four should start taking grounders at first. Keep all four in the lineup and possibly fill the black hole at first.

What they need to do is sell high on Gardner and move his quasi terrible deal since no one will touch Ellsbury's really hideous deal.

It won't happen but I can dream.

RE: Tyler Austin is on his rehab assignment in AAA and Greg Bird just started his in Single A so both are back sooner rather than later and then Chris Carter will be DFAed

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He was worth the risk at $3.5 mil. I mean, he did hit 41 HR last year.

He also slugged just .499.  Believe it or not, 40+ homers with SLG < .500 has been done six times.  

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

He also slugged just .499.  Believe it or not, 40+ homers with SLG < .500 has been done six times.  

I know Carter is all or nothing. For 3.5 mil, I still say you take that risk. It's not as if his lack of production has hindered the Yankees. If they were 5-6 games under .500, then I'd bitch about him.

57 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I know Carter is all or nothing. For 3.5 mil, I still say you take that risk. It's not as if his lack of production has hindered the Yankees. If they were 5-6 games under .500, then I'd bitch about him.

I agree. I just worded it that way to get in my statistical tidbit, lol :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BL88 said:

Until today, the Phillies haven't won a series since April 27th. They went 6-22 in May.

Although they did win on my birthday in May, so that was sweet of them. Still, Yeesh.

At least the Phillie Phanatic has remained professional unlike that heathen Mr. Met.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BL88 said:

Until today, the Phillies haven't won a series since April 27th. They went 6-22 in May.

Although they did win on my birthday in May, so that was sweet of them. Still, Yeesh.

Fuck their record in May, they took 2 of 3 from SFG. That's doing the Lord's work in my book.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:51 PM, grilledcheese said:

Fuck their record in May, they took 2 of 3 from SFG. That's doing the Lord's work in my book.

As long as Buster Posey is healthy and productive. He's my catcher on all four of my fantasy teams. I used my second round pick on him in all four leagues. Once you get past Posey, Jonathan Lucroy, and Gary Sanchez; the position is thin as hell.