DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2017 - JUNE

RIPPA

BAH GOD KING, THAT BASEBALL HAD A FAMILY! 

We were there live last night (thanks @sabremike!) and that was absolutely fucking ridiculous. The whole crowd went "Oh my."  Well worth what we paid, even if the wrong team won. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Pete said:

Oh hey, it's the 40th anniversary of the most infamous trade in Mets history. I give you the MIDNIGHT MASSACRE.

Thanks for reminding me, off to the cemetery to piss all over Dick Young's grave.

20 hours ago, Ryan said:

Jeez, Piranesi, get your shit together, my team keeps beating yours.

This kind of ungentlemanly rhetoric typically emerges when a "small fry" team has some modest unexpected success for a few weeks.

No worries, fellows, it will soon pass.

On 2017-6-15 at 1:59 PM, Pete said:

BAH GOD KING, THAT BASEBALL HAD A FAMILY! 

We were there live last night (thanks @sabremike!) and that was absolutely fucking ridiculous. The whole crowd went "Oh my."  Well worth what we paid, even if the wrong team won. 

Best part of that video is the guy stopping mid sentence to look at the ball go off into space.

• Like 1

Yanks had one of their worst weeks in a long time

1-6 on the West Coast swing (which isn't shocking since they are always shitty on the West Coast)

CC out at least 6 weeks

And now Gleyber Torres needs TJ surgery and is out for the rest of the year

Went to the Dodgers game in Cincy yesterday. I don't go to the ballpark often at all, but I'm pleased that my personal streak of always seeing them win when I actually go to a game is still intact. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zev said:

Went to the Dodgers game in Cincy yesterday. I don't go to the ballpark often at all, but I'm pleased that my personal streak of always seeing them win when I actually go to a game is still intact. 

Fuck, between Fields and Baez, you almost got to watch your streak disappear. But because of Kiké and that ugly ass catch in the 8th, your streak goes on!! 

I really dig GABP, I keep meaning to get out there and catch a game one day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

Fuck, between Fields and Baez, you almost got to watch your streak disappear. But because of Kiké and that ugly ass catch in the 8th, your streak goes on!! 

I really dig GABP, I keep meaning to get out there and catch a game one day.

The number of pitching changes had me wondering if Joe Torre had snuck in to coach one more game. But hey, I can now say I saw Maeda actually have 3 good innings in a row, and hit a double. Had flashbacks of seeing Fernando Valenzuela leg out a triple back at the old Riverfront Stadium. And now I've finally seen Kenley Jansen throw in person. 

GABP is decent. Just know that if you get an aisle seat, the vendor shilling 9 dollar Bud Lights may scream right in your ear. 

• Like 1

So Kershaw gives up 4 HR for the first time in his career, but because of the fucking animal that is Cody Bellinger going deep twice in the first two innings and Justin Turner driving in 4 against his old club, he had a 7 run lead early and NYM couldn't close it all the way up. Take away the HRs, and the Mets could only manage another 2 H off Clayton, and he struck out 10 and only walked 1 over 6.1. Fuck, even when he's bad, he's still hella good.

3 hours ago, zev said:

Just know that if you get an aisle seat, the vendor shilling 9 dollar Bud Lights may scream right in your ear. 

One of the things I love about Safeco field in Seattle - the vendors are silent.  They walk around and hold up pictures of what they're selling.  No yelling or hawking at all.

"Peanuts! Popcorn! Overpriced water! Beer! Beer! Beer! Beer! More Beer! Buy A Beer, Fatty! Beer! Used Condoms! Beer! Beer! Soda!" - Miller Park's vendors.

The Story Of A Phillies Game, in Three Parts

1) 4th Inning: 5-0 Phils. Nate Pivetta is throwing down a monstrous performance, and would leave with 10 strikeouts in the 6th.

2) 9th Inning: Hector Neris blesses us with another blown save, and ties the game 5-5. The Phils had a chance to have a runner in scoring position in the bottom of the 9th, but the third base coach threw up the stop sign too late and we sailed into the easiest out of the game. Oh and that was the last out. So, great.

3) 10th Inning: 7-6 Cardinals. Cardinals take the lead after Edubray Ramos, Holder of the L, lets a double through, balks him over to third, strike one out, intentionally walk Fowler, then DRASTICALLY overthrows 1st base to send the man home. Bottom of the 10th, Phils have a home run taken away from them by their own stadium, as for all of the places the ball could have landed, it hit this maybe foot-tall piece of plexiglass designed to save people going up the stairs I guess?  He eventually scores after moving to second on a fielder's choice, but then the next two batters ground out and strike out and that's that.

All the while, the Phillies twitter account is speaking in Yoda quotes, because it's Star Wars day, and we deserve to be the worst.

So Puig went yard last night, and in all fairness, he Cadillac-ed the fuck out of it, and Wilmer Flores started barking at him as he was rounding the bases. Apparently, Flores told him to run faster, and my favorite shithead outfielder's response was a truly simple "Fuck You!" d'Arnaud had something to say to him when he got to the plate, and both Reyes and Cespedes had a chat with Puig as they crossed paths in the middle of the following inning. Flores said after the game that NYM "is playing horrible right now, and doesn't need his (Puig's) shit"

Sounds to me like someone is salty about playing on a shit team. Puig did it at home, in a position that turned a one run lead into a four run lead after Pill had intentionally walked Pederson to get to Puig. I don't see the big deal. I wouldn't be bitching if the shoe were on the other foot and it was Cespedes admiring one of the monster bombs he hits.

• Like 1

For a game full of old school tough guys, baseball sure has a lot of whining about nothing. The Mets should focus on not being terrible instead of policing the game. 

Schwarber sent to AAA ball. I hope this is what he needs and he can rebound. 

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Instead of whining, knock him on his ass(brushback, not actually hitting him) if it bothers you that much, otherwise stopping the complaining. . .

Or alternatively, don't groove a fucking meatball to a dude that can mash like #66. I tend to think that a far better retaliation for an HR is to K a guy three or four times, but different strokes for different folks, you know?

Not related, but is your avatar a painting of General Kael from Willow? If so, that's fucking badass.

Edited by grilledcheese