DVDVR Message Board

Raw is The Mysterious Texts of Corey Graves - 5/29/2017

Dolfan in NYC

They should build up the "Enzo unconscious backstage" bits for weeks until Kurt Angle sets up cameras every where, then it's revealed that Enzo is just a clumsy oaf who randomly trips and runs into things in 3-stooges like fashion.

Seth/Roman was really good. Fast pace, good heat, no finisher overkill. I don't care what anyone says, the superman punch out of the corner powerbomb was a good spot. The finishing sequence was well executed and both guys came out looking strong with a clean finish.

• Like 6

Sampson is somebody who caught my eye immediately in NXT, even when he was just a jobber wearing the old gladiator type outfit. He just has that "IT" look about him. I'm not a big fan of the gimmick overall, but he can go in the ring and I think he'll have a good career ahead of him.

FYI, I also thought this same thing about Rusev when he was coming out in a skirt and breaking boards over his knee and about Baron Corbin when he first showed up. Next guy on my "there's something about this guy" list in NXT is that Hawaiian guy who's name I can't remember right now. If my talent spotting streak continues, Hawaiian guy will be on the main roster in 2 years. :)

2 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Has there been a change in writers on RAW recently? Just because, like most have said, the undercard are actually getting week-to-week storylines now instead of just being thrown out in random meaningless matches. I may not be all that interested in guys like R-Truth or Titus O'Neil and Apollo Crews, but they are in storylines with little bits of storytelling that are progressing each week. It's an improvement.

Maybe Vince Russo is back?

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Maybe Vince Russo is back?

Well, they teased about five heel turns last night, so that sounds about right.

Am I the only one who is wondering how Bayley can go 20 min with Sasha or Nia Jax, but a single shot from a wood stick swung by a small woman knocks her loopy for the duration?

The really sad thing about Alexa's "This is Your Life" segment is that they've done even worse segments in the past year.  Quite an accomplishment.

1 minute ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Am I the only one who is wondering how Bayley can go 20 min with Sasha or Nia Jax, but a single shot from a wood stick swung by a small woman knocks her loopy for the duration?

Just a wrestling trope. Guys would get hit with a chair and be out for several minutes but in the actual match they can get hit with a chair and kick out at 2 and continue going 

2 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Has there been a change in writers on RAW recently? Just because, like most have said, the undercard are actually getting week-to-week storylines now instead of just being thrown out in random meaningless matches. I may not be all that interested in guys like R-Truth or Titus O'Neil and Apollo Crews, but they are in storylines with little bits of storytelling that are progressing each week. It's an improvement.

I've been noticing this too. Goes back to the Festival of Friendship, which had a lot little things thrown in for those paying attention. Then you have things like the Revival easter egg from last week that really add to the show. It doesn't take much! Just a little nuance!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Whether or not the spot was actually the finish is not the part that is stupid about Rollins selling for no reason after hitting the Buckle Bomb while Reigns (who *should* be selling) pops up and hits the Superman Punch.

Reigns worked over Rollins' ribs pretty much the entire match.  So Seth clutching his ribs after the Buckle Bomb seemed OK to me.  Plus, both guys collapsed to the mat after the Superman Punch, which was sold as being done in last-minute desperation.  There's Roman's selling.

8 hours ago, Pete said:

But it gets Joe over as the predatory type who picks his spot and takes advantage of everything perfectly, while protecting Finn at the same time.

Good point.  I wish they did more with Joe, he's been rudderless since Hunter and Stephanie left RAW Land.

17 hours ago, Victator said:

If this were a building and it were on fire, I would save two of you and let the rest burn. 

OK, I'll bite. Which two?

I bet it's just Burgundy and Jen. You being the gentleman and all.

7 hours ago, AxB said:

Matt and Brian

Though I would probably grab a few beloved tertiary characters. 

And my western days picture.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, Victator said:

If this were a building and it were on fire, I would save two of you and let the rest burn. 

I wonder if you were once a kind soul that cared about virtually everyone in the world. A proverbial ray of sunshine.

What happened? Did Sid pulling Hogan out of that Rumble send you on a downward path?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zev said:

I wonder if you were once a kind soul that cared about virtually everyone in the world. A proverbial ray of sunshine.

What happened? Did Sid pulling Hogan out of that Rumble send you on a downward path?

You could not handle my back story. It would sound like a ridiculous Oscar bait movie, "The Color Victator".

You can ask anyone who knows me personally here, that I do try to do the right thing and am helpful. 

But I lost patience with the Horde of Troglodytes here awhile ago. 

Now in something related to the show.

Who do people see winning on Sunday. I would like to see Joe win or Bray. Finn winning could be interesting. But I feel like no matter what, it is going to be a Suplex City crap fest. Though he did seem like the old Brock at Mania so maybe a fresh match would inspire him.  

12 hours ago, AxB said:

You know he wouldn't save my ass.  99% sure he'd set me on fire and piss on my ashes. And he doesn't need to save me.  I can save my own fat hide.  Or I can burn.  No big deal. I'll go with the flow. Yay!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Victator said:

Who do people see winning on Sunday. I would like to see Joe win or Bray. Finn winning could be interesting. But I feel like no matter what, it is going to be a Suplex City crap fest. Though he did seem like the old Brock at Mania so maybe a fresh match would inspire him.  

I know it's wrestling and size differences can be overcome with the right booking, but Finn/Brock might be a bridge too far. Bray would be the most interesting to me. Brock ain't gonna go for some House of Horrors BS or projections on the mat. Then again, this could be the only time we'll have a chance to see Joe/Brock so may as well go for it. Whoever it is, I hope it's at least a semi-competitive match. The 2 minute sprints were fun but I'm done with them.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

I know it's wrestling and size differences can be overcome with the right booking, but Finn/Brock might be a bridge too far. Bray would be the most interesting to me. Brock ain't gonna go for some House of Horrors BS or projections on the mat. Then again, this could be the only time we'll have a chance to see Joe/Brock so may as well go for it. Whoever it is, I hope it's at least a semi-competitive match. The 2 minute sprints were fun but I'm done with them.

I really want to see Joe/Brock. but not if its Suplex City. I miss when Brock mixed up the suplexes.

I think they could put together a credible Finn/Brock match. I would not mind just reenacting Mike Awesome vs Spike Dudley. 

Bray vs Brock could be interesting. But they got cold feet a year ago and did Ambrose vs Brock. 

Speaking of, Dean does look like the lost Hardy who was born wrong and kept in a barn. 

• Like 1

Bray will easily look like the biggest windbag if he doesn't win.....what with all that time, effort and energy he put into all those little soliloquies about saving the unwashed masses from the Beast. By the way, it ain't gonna be Joe. I know they have a penchant for going about building things up the most assbackwards way possible, but Joe has only gotten less and less traction since his controller, Triple H went away. Does he even have a signature PPV win?

The one guy who would get some sustained shine from beating Brock is Balor. However they're obviously just going to have Reigns win and have Braun cost him the match at Summerslam. Or if Braun recovers ahead of schedule, they could just go ahead and pull the trigger on a Brock/Braun/Roman triple threat at Summerslam.

1 hour ago, Victator said:

It really seems like they called Joe up with no plan. They should just give him the IC title and let him beat up second tier guys. 

The plan for Joe all along should have been him squashing Miz for the IC title on Smackdown. Joe just feels like a better fit with Smackdown being more of the wrestling show than Raw.

• Like 1