DVDVR Message Board

2017 NBA OFFSEASON

Dolfan in NYC

57 minutes ago, Cole Miner said:

Jackson wanted Okafor over Porzingis at the draft. Not too late. Best thing we could offer in a trade with the Knicks would be eating Noah's deal.

Aldrich, Rubio, pick number 7, and a future pick or 2 for Noah and Porzingis works in the trade machine. Minnesota should be able to afford to eat Noah's deal like we can thanks to having so much youth. Knicks have wanted Rubio and Porzingis and Towns gives Minnesota 2 mobile bigs that can play 4 or 5. Noah as a ridiculously overpaid mentor I guess. 

I think the Knicks can do 2 of the following 3 things with this trade: dump bad contracts, get quality players, get lottery picks.  I don't think they'll find a trade partner willing to do all 3.  

If I'm the Knicks I'm focusing on dumping contracts and getting picks because they sure as shit aren't winning anything now no matter who they trade for.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I think the Knicks can do 2 of the following 3 things with this trade: dump bad contracts, get quality players, get lottery picks.  I don't think they'll find a trade partner willing to do all 3.  

If I'm the Knicks I'm focusing on dumping contracts and getting picks because they sure as shit aren't winning anything now no matter who they trade for.

I wouldn't be surprised if the endgame to this is really just Phil calling Carmelo before the draft "hey you hear I might be moving Porzingis. You probably want to waive that no trade clause now, right?"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cole Miner said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the endgame to this is really just Phil calling Carmelo before the draft "hey you hear I might be moving Porzingis. You probably want to waive that no trade clause now, right?"

"Hey...you gotta do what you gotta do, Phil. The kid will bounce back." *click*

"Did this fucker hang up on me?!"

• Like 3

In less silly news the Bucks' D-League team revealed their new logo and it is dope as shit:

DCx93apXcAAfb_0.jpg

Also, I will be dead in the cold, cold ground before I call it the G-League.

• Like 5

D'Angelo Russell and Mozgov to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez and #29.

IT HAS BEGUN. 

It occurs to me the smartest move Philly can make right now is head fake for Ball and see if they can squeeze a dont-take-him pick out of the Lakers. 

4 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

D'Angelo Russell and Mozgov to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez and #29.

IT HAS BEGUN. 

It occurs to me the smartest move Philly can make right now is head fake for Ball and see if they can squeeze a dont-take-him pick out of the Lakers. 

I believe it's #27.

The NBA has the absolutely best offseasons. Nothing will top the Clippers and Mavs playing Night Trap with DeAndre, but it seems like there are so many crazy moves that wouldn't happen in other sports every summer that are just things in the NBA. Only sawkur comes close but you don't have to deal with the greasy agents (as much).
Edited by Oyaji

Marc Stein‏ Verified account @ESPNSteinLine
Can the Lakers now land Paul George by offering Thursday's No. 27 and 28 picks and either Julius Randle or Jordan Clarkson? They're trying.

You probably should find out that answer before making the first trade. 

• Like 1

I don't know what happened to the tweet I posted above but that wasn't it. I fixed it now. Woj is getting in early on that LeBron to LA hype train. We're going to be hearing about that all year I'm thinking.

Well, if the reports are true that PG wants to sign with the Lakers next year they don't really have to trade for him.  They can just wait it out, be shitty for another year and keep enough cap space to sign him.  That plan works better if they controlled their 2018 pick, but nothing to be done about that now.

I sorta like this deal for both teams.  I think Russell will be a good player, but the Lakers clearly didn't believe in him and he had that "last guy's decision" stink on him.  So they dump him and one of their terrible contracts for a year of Lopez.  The Nets get a good young player that helps make up for their missing draft picks in return for a dude that was leaving next year anyway.

As a Lakers guy, very happy to land Lopez, offload Mozgov, and be in a better position to get Paul George. Not so happy about potentially losing Randle and probably getting Ball now.

If Randle is part of the trade (why?!?!), I'd be happy with Iggy coming our way/hopefully reuniting with Luke Walton.

Really don't see Bron going to a rebuilding team in the Lakers. ESPECIALLY don't see him wanting to job out to GSW before the finals, or having to deal with the Spurs and/or Grizzlies in the playoffs.

Also, rumblings that Deandre Jordan is on the trade block.

tumblr_inline_onogw5llzX1uxog8b_500.gif

• Like 1

Speaking of the "Don't you dare call it the D-League" G-League

The Wizards have bought a franchise and will have their own squad starting the 2018-2019 season. That will make 27 NBA teams that run and operate its own affiliate

3 hours ago, RandomAct said:

Really don't see Bron going to a rebuilding team in the Lakers. ESPECIALLY don't see him wanting to job out to GSW before the finals, or having to deal with the Spurs and/or Grizzlies in the playoffs.

Counterpoint: Unadulterated dominance before facing the Warriors still got them run out of the gym in five games by Golden State.

Also, I would argue that once you have LeBron, you're done rebuilding.

• Like 1

Greg Monroe opted in on the last year of his contract.  Not what I wanted to happen but probably a smart play for him given the weak market for bigs.  I imagine he and Henson with both get shopped pretty aggressively.

• Like 1

George, Ball to a lesser extent and then adding LeBron absolutely takes a team out of a rebuilding phase. Plus, free agents will flock to join him. At least one other big piece. 

• Like 1