DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Has anybody noticed the new ME1 being buggier than the original?  I've personally run into a lot more issues than I did on the original.  I haven't had a crash, but I've had to kill and restart the game several times for different issues.  Had one last night where I couldn't get into the Mako, leaving me marooned on whatever planet I was on.

• Like 1

Just now, J.T. said:

I feel everyone's pain on the subject of the terrain on the Mako unfriendly planets.   The terrain on some of the near garden planets can fuck right off, especially the ones with critters you can accidentally run over if you are not careful.

God Damn Space Monkeys

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Like Mark - my old man eyes definitely made me turn up the brightness at some point in ME1

That being said - I am turning up the brightness in all games now since the default setting are clearly made for someone 20 years younger than me

I have more issues finding the interactive triggers on ME2 than I did with ME1.   The find the dog tags part of the Normandy Crash Site side gig can eat a pile of shit and it always takes me two tries before I locate all of the eezo caches.

Edited by J.T.

Just now, Robert C said:

Has anybody noticed the new ME1 being buggier than the original?  I've personally run into a lot more issues than I did on the original.  I haven't had a crash, but I've had to kill and restart the game several times for different issues.  Had one last night where I couldn't get into the Mako, leaving me marooned on whatever planet I was on.

It never crashed on me but I definitely had issues

I might have mentioned it already but the biggest one I got was on Feros where my squad stopped following me and didn't listen to commands.

Had to go back to the Normandy and then reboot the game to get out of that one.

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I repeatedly was unable to scan metals on a planet and get back into the Mako. But just saving and reloading has worked so far. 

5 minutes ago, Robert C said:

I did accidentally catch a couple of those crab things in a singularity on Virmire.  Had no idea that was possible.

The Geth usually shorten the life expectancy of the crab critters on Virmire.  They always murder the poor things while trying to shoot the Mako while I am executing evasive maneuvers.

8 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Has anybody noticed the new ME1 being buggier than the original?  

I don't think there are any new bugs in ME1.  I think they never bothered to fix the old ones.  The Therum laser drill infinite experience point glitch and the infinite Renegade / Paragon glitches are still there as well as the one that occasionally keeps you from interacting with objects until you reload a save.

That's why I quick save before and after I get out of the Mako to run a scan or do a mineral survey.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

I somehow had missed the power cell mission on Feros. It wasn't highlighted but when I found it on my second trip there, I completed the mission. 

Yeah, unless you don't bother exploring the room where the Alpha Varren can be found, it's kinda hard to miss the big honkin' rover wreck where the power cells are located.  The goddamn rover is on fire, for fuck's sake.

340?cb=20120710114016

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I mean, once I was in the room and killed the varren, I got the power cell. As I said before, I missed the door/panel not being just a wall the first time. 

Well that's true.  The doors on that level open via proximity and it is easy to mistake the doors for parts of the wall.

I hate the interaction markers in ME2 far more than the ones in ME1, especially the fucking Normandy Crash Site mission.   I usually don't shoot the three crates until I have found the 17 loose dog tags and even when I have done that, I sometimes forget retrieve the lost N7 helmet near Pressley's datapad and have to restart the mission so that I can pick it up for my cabin.

Like I said before, I always forget the locations of the eezo boxes on the first try.

Edited by J.T.

If there are any Paragon decisions in ME1 that I somewhat regret it's not allowing Toombs to kill "Dr. Wayne."  You hear on the Citadel News feeds that "Wayne" saves his own ass by turning state's evidence and is granted immunity in return for testifying against Cerberus and Toombs also sends you a threatening extranet message once he learns you're working with Cerberus.

There are two Star Trek Easter Eggs that you fan find on the Citadel alone in ME2.

Spoiler

1. Avina's crack about cornucopia tech being a thing of pure science fiction.

2. Shepard receiving a green adult beverage from the bartender at the Dark Star Lounge.   An homage to the synthohol scene featuring Data and Scotty from the Star Trek: The Next Generation episode "Relics"

Edited by J.T.

I’ve been kind of low on Mass Effect stuff lately due to my account being fucked and not being able to play ME3 multiplayer. Mass Effect 1 has its strengths but it’s just hard for me personally to get through. So I decided to lament the fact that changing my name on Xbox meant that I haven’t been able to log into Mass Effect 3 multiplayer and looked into my old n7 account, upset I’d be letting 265 hours of my life go. And then I clicked my account name and there was a little thing that said “oh your account name has changed! Click this button to realign your account so you can play again!”

9 damned months of no multiplayer. All undid with a button. Guess what I’m doing when I get home

I've had no crashes on my Series X.

I have forgotten how annoying it is in ME2 that all of the early research projects seem to require metric fucktons of Platinum.  I have ridiculous amounts of stockpiled Iridium and Palladium in addition to a respectable amount of Eezo that I will burn through once I start researching Biotic and Tech upgrades, but my supply of Platinum is about 60K units less than my stores of Iridium or Palladium.

Edited by J.T.

I had one bug happen on a cold planet where I got out of the Mako to scan a mineral deposit and then I couldn't get back into the vehicle so I just sat and slowly froze to death. That sucked.

Also, not really a bug, but as I was making the run through the aqueduct on Ilos I hit a tree root (or some kind of a bump) and put the Mako on its back and couldn't get it back up on its wheels again so I had to reload my previous save and drive about half the speed I usually would.

I had my first crash last weekend on PS5 immediately after doing Tali's loyalty mission in ME2. Had to re-start the game and do the final part combat part again - since it autosaves there, and then the ending of the trial.

Started my 2nd pass through ME1 and blew through Eden Prime.

Forgot that they do that infuriating bit where you keep all your talent points assigned but you have to reassign all your squamate powers

Totally missed the smuggling ring the first time through on Eden Prime. My memory is shot

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Had my first hard crash just now, doing the AA Tower stuff in the Mako on Vimere. 

This was the first thing that came to mind when thinking of ME1 bugs. I never hard crashed, but driving along from area to area doing the AA tower stuff would lead to the Mako just getting stuck. Perma stuck. Like I'm driving along and then I just stop driving. The wheels are turning, but I'm not able to go anywhere. Boosting and jumping didn't help, getting out and getting back in also didn't help. It happened to me four times. The first two times the game just went to the death screen and because I had no reason to save, I had to start the whole thing over again. The third time it happened I just reloaded my save. The fourth time I thought I would try what happens when you get out of the Mako and can't interact with anything. I saved my game, then loaded that save, and that fixed the issue.

So there's that and the also mentioned not being able to interact with stuff when leaving the Mako. I had the same thing with my squad on Feros where they refused to follow. The game soft locked while mass junking stuff a couple times, which required closing out of the game completely. I had Shepard's eyes disappear during one cutscene, which was bizarre. 

I think that's it. Still haven't had a hard crash and I'm near the end of the game. I just finished talking to Vigil on Ilos, which if memory serves, is right before the final mission. I'm ready for ME2.

BTW, I still haven't romanced anyone in ME1. It never happened when I played it years ago and it didn't happen this time through too. Is that only a ME2 thing?

37 minutes ago, Craig H said:

BTW, I still haven't romanced anyone in ME1. It never happened when I played it years ago and it didn't happen this time through too. Is that only a ME2 thing?

There is a ME1

Male Shepard chooses between Ashley and Liara

Female Shepard chooses between Kaiden and Liara

It isn't as obvious as the later games - and as mentioned before you can ruin the romances with one conversation choice

Ashley's is picking the "You're out of line!" choice when she says she doesn't like Aliens

Liara's is similiar but I can't remember exactly what the line is (It is a choice that shows up on the left and it is the only thing on that side)

I have no idea what it is with Kaiden

The Scions get easier when you do the IFF, assuming you did everyone's Loyality Missions first, have Warp/Incendiary ammo, and your weapons/Biottics maxed out.

And if you have the Collector Rifle.

4 hours ago, Raziel said:

The Scions get easier when you do the IFF, assuming you did everyone's Loyality Missions first, have Warp/Incendiary ammo, and your weapons/Biottics maxed out.

And if you have the Collector Rifle.

Oh, I've kicked the crap out of them many times.  I have the Heavy Weapon arsenal and Powers to deal with Scions and Praetorians.  It just annoys me that Jacob is dumb and will try to stand and trade with them with his Cerberus shotty even after I have sent him a repositioning command.

Edited by J.T.