DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I like to mix up my squads.

I still have a pecking order, though.  Now that Kasumi is Loyal she's my right arm since Flashbangs are broken and can stun anything, including boss enemies.

I really found this go 'round, outside of loyaliy missions and some story correct stuff (Liara for Noveria in 1, the Loyality missiosn in 2), I've really just stuck with running Tali and Garrus 90% of the time, occasionally swapping Jack in for Tali and Kastumi in for Garrus.  Now that isn't gonna go for the Suicide mission as Garrus and Tali have their roles, so I should probably pick a team for that (again, probably Jack and Katsumi, although I might use Grunt because he has Incindiary stuff for the Final Harbinger.)

No memory of what I usually ran with 3, but it'll probably be Garrus and Tali again.

Jack and Kasumi are my endgame boss fight team.  Warp Ammo murders Collector barriers, Shockwave clowns unprotected Collectors off of the ledges, and Kasumi's Flashbangs stun everything, including the Proto-Reaper.

The fight doesn't last long anyway.  Two shots from the Cain and it's SEE YA~!

I am all sentimental now.  The incidental conversations you hear at the Illium transportation hub always get to me.

I just finished recruiting Thane.  I'll grab Samara next and last is Tali.  After that, it's around the horn for Loyalty Missions until Illusive Man gives me the Derelict Collector Ship mission.  I am looking forward to my Widow / Locust / Carnifex load-out.

I have forgotten what a blessing it is that Thane's ship upgrade is a larger probe bay and that someone else will give me expanded fuel capacity.  Every credit counts now that some Bioware dev thought it was a good idea to put the DLC items we used to get for free up for sale at vendor kiosks or turn them into research projects.  I didn't buy or research any of the DLC armor and decided that since I went Infiltrator / Assassin this time around, the headshot bonus provided by the Kuwashi Visor was better than the sexy Sentry Visor's shield bonus.

I totally bought the Incisor from Rodam Expeditions, though.  Garrus is a nightmare with that rifle.

The Recon Hood is stupid.  What's the point of having your face covered if everyone still recognizes you in cutscenes?  I don't think that the developers of the Recon Hood DLC thought that concept all the way through.

Edited by J.T.

I didn't mind it the first time but yeah - the opening slog of dialog you have to go through on the Citadel is so tedious

I mean Shepard is as dumb as a ton of bricks. Ask the Elkor ambassador what he does. Immediately turns to the Volus in the same room and asks the same question.

Anyway got through getting the Keeper scanner and got about half of them scanned as I meandered back to talk to Captain Anderson. Also told the Elkor preacher to hit the bricks. Ideally I can get off of the Citadel today. We shall see.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Anyway got through getting the Keeper scanner and got about half of them scanned as I meandered back to talk to Captain Anderson. Also told the Elkor preacher to hit the bricks. Ideally I can get off of the Citadel today. We shall see.

The dialogue dynamic of that quest is pretty interesting.  It takes 4 Charm or 7 Intimidate to get the Hanar prophet to see reason and move along and it takes 7 Charm / 4 Intimidate to get the racist Turian C-Sec officer to confess that no one has complained about the Hanar's preaching and admit that he is just harassing the Hanar preacher and should leave it alone..

If I ever do another ME1 playthrough where I cheese the game to get to Level 60, I may hold off on doing that side gig until I have 7 Charm, or I may do it during my traditional FemShep Is A Ruthless Bitch / Renegade playthough.

Edited by J.T.

21 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If I ever do another ME1 playthrough where I cheese the game to get to Level 60, I may hold off on doing that side gig until I have 7 Charm, or I may do it during my traditional FemShep Is A Ruthless Bitch / Renegade playthough.

Yeah I mentioned in my first playthrough I actually had to redo this quest because I was only 6 Charm when I went up to them. So I reloaded and waited till I got the 7th point for becoming a Spectre

The one advantage of this playthrough is I don't have to grind for Charm

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean Shepard is as dumb as a ton of bricks. Ask the Elkor ambassador what he does. Immediately turns to the Volus in the same room and asks the same question.

I talk to the Volus ambassador first since the overall dialogue with both of them sounds really stupid if you talk to the Elcor ambassador first.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - now I know I am doing this playthrough correctly as I just got jumped by assassins going to Chora's Den

So you are on your way to knock out the Consort deal, talk to the Flux homegirl's bartender sister, and then holla at that asshole Harkin.

Is the "I got business, but now with you" Krogan that hangs out at Chora's supposed to be Jax or is the Krogan that works for Banes (who turns out to be dead)?

Edited by J.T.

53 minutes ago, J.T. said:

So you are on your way to knock out the Consort deal, talk to the Flux homegirl's bartender sister, and then holla at that asshole Harkin.

Is the "I got business, but now with you" Krogan that hangs out at Chora's supposed to be Jax or is the Krogan that works for Banes (who turns out to be dead)?

Jax is the former since he is clearly there to keep watch on Jenna

But yeah - this time I went to Chora's Den to talk to Harkin (last time I went to C-Sec)

I also remembered to talk to the Elkor FIRST before returning the Consort so I can get the trinket this time

Finally made it to ME2. Immediately fell asleep during the character creator stuff. When I woke up I changed from an Infiltrator to a Vanguard because I want to shotgun the shit out things instead of using the sniper rifle.

I can't quite remember if it's because I maxed out in ME2 or not, but holy shit ME3's a *little* imbalanced as I'm fucking MOWING through things starting at roughly Level 33 coming in.  Of course, I'm doing everything inbetween Priority missions so that might be affecting things a bit too.

Man I forgot how fucking insufferable the Cerberus troops are with their smoke grenades and how it fucks up tossing Warp balls at them.  That and their dodging said Warp balls.

I also forgot how laughable the Guardians are once you get ahold of the piercing mods and Armor piercing ammo.

16 hours ago, Craig H said:

Finally made it to ME2. Immediately fell asleep during the character creator stuff. When I woke up I changed from an Infiltrator to a Vanguard because I want to shotgun the shit out things instead of using the sniper rifle.

If that's the case, you may want to stick the Scimitar.  The Geth Pulse shotty and the Cerberus shotty are both made for distance, so I give the Cerberus shotty to Jacob and the Geth shotty to Tali so that they can both attack effectively from range since the Katana is a piece of crap until you improve it with one or two research projects.

As a Vanguard, you'll probably be leading with Biotic Charge and then blasting the bejeebus out of your target if it is still standing and the Scimitar is arguably the best shotgun for that particular job.  Knock out Samara's recruitment mission as soon as you can to get access to the upgrade as soon as you can.

You'll obviously be choosing the Claymore for your special weapon when you get the Derelict Collector Ship story mission.

Edited by J.T.
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Finished up Chohe with a “tolerable” level of casualties. Also got Wreex’s family armor. 
think I’m somewhere around level 54 now without Liara still. 

Everyone wants to get the Liara Is Delirious cutscene.

Became a Spectre... again

Cleared everything on first pass of the Citadel - including talking to Kahoku about Banes

The one things I ALWAYS forget is to have Ashley with me when doing Homecoming

Boo on ME2!  You can't see the Great Rift Valley from orbit when you scan Klendagon.   When you are on Presop hunting down Major Kyle in ME1 and look into the sky, the valley is the most striking feature on the planet and you can clearly see it from your vantage point.  Not sure why that planetary feature was left out of the original ME2 and was sorta hoping it would make it to LE

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Became a Spectre... again

Cleared everything on first pass of the Citadel - including talking to Kahoku about Banes

The one things I ALWAYS forget is to have Ashley with me when doing Homecoming

I always forget to bring Kaiden along when I go rescue Chairman Burns so that he can chime in about how he's also an L2 Biotic and that Shep can make sure that Burns does the right thing.

It's only one additional line, but I always like added dialogue from squad mates.

Edited by J.T.

38 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I always forget to bring Kaiden along when I go rescue Chairman Burns so that he can chime in about how he's also an L2 Biotic and that Shep can make sure that Burns does the right thing.

It's only one additional line, but I always like added dialogue from squad mates.

Bingo

That one is fairly easy for me to remember

The issue with Homecoming is that it pops immediately after bringing Tali to the Ambassador's office so I ALWAYS have just dumped Ashley to add new crew to my squad. And you can't go back to the Normandy to swap crew.

I think dialogue is the reason I pick up Liara as soon as I can for the dramatic showdown with Benezia on Noveria.

Why is it the little things about ME2 that annoy me like how the club music from Flux isn't on the sound system playlist in my cabin?

Now that I am back to the Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer grind (And GOD it feels good), I'm back to keeping track of how many hits I need in packs to max out my all my characters, weapons, and gears. I'm looking at...

Characters: 49 Drops, 2 complete characters (N7 Paladin, Volus Protector)

Gear: 63 drops, 2 complete gears (Batarian Gauntlet, Commando Package)

Weapon Mods, 84 drops, 3 entire sets (Sniper Rifle High Velocity, Assault Rifle High Velocity, Sniper Rifle Ultralight Materials)

Weapons (oh boy): 159 Gold Drops, 188 Platinum Drops, 347 total drops (Eeesh), 7 Entire Weapon Sets (M-37 Falcon, Cerberus Harrier, M-77 Paladin, M-11 Wraith, Venom Shotgun, Javelin, Black Widow)

Total things I need: 553.

I don't know why I typed this out, it just depresses me, but screw it.

• Haha 1