DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

One of the conversations - if you are too formal, it definitely kills your chances with her

Yeah the very first conversation kills it if you don't respond appropriately.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Too late, my fish already died.

You can buy replacement fish at Citadel Souvenirs, I think.

Think im all out of side quests, except for searchable things like artifacts and ID cards. Ive actually done all the metals for once. 

finished off the rogue ExoGen camp to take me to level 51. 

still have to do the Dig Site and return to the story planets. 

Finished my 1st run through last night

Stunned my wife as I decided to leave Ashley to die. God she pissed me off this version. We debated for awhile if this is the first time I ever choose Kaiden or not. (I might - MIGHT - have picked him the very first time I played as FemShep but am unsure)

She will - begrudgingly - make it to ME2 on this 2nd playthrough as Kaiden immediately reminded me why I hate him. So irritating.

Finished at Level 55 and that was without doing Bringing Down the Sky. So between that and the couple of spots you can XP farm... I could have gotten to Lvl 60 this time but I was so rusty that I made a lotta story mistakes that I have to clean up.

Well look at that.... I just did a quick check and apparently you CAN hit Level 60 in one playthrough on the Legendary Edition without using exploits. But you REALLY have to min/mix and I don't have the patience for that.

It took me roughly 45 hours to do that playthrough. Lotta wasted time checking to see if vendors updated their stock, reading the Codex and seeing if new conversations opened up (which hadn't). I really feel like there are less conversations in this game than I remember. Most likely I just conflated things that happened in all three games into the first game.

Yeah, even I don't have the patience for microgrinding so I have only made it to 57th in two playthroughs and my average completion time was about 50 hours.

I wasn't sure if the Therum laser drill experience point exploit was still working, but it probably is since all of the old infinite Paragon / Renegade exploits are still unpatched.

Edited by J.T.

Yeah - it seems all of them still work. Even the simple ones as non-stop spawning enemies (like on Geth Incursions)

And this is with them eliminating the XP bonus for killing things on foot instead of the Mako.

And speaking of that - Virmire and Illos go a lot quicker now that you don't have to hop out each second to shoot things on foot.

The only two ME achievements I still need to do are Neural Shock and completing Bringing Down the Sky

So Kaiden is gonna get parked on the ship fairly early during run 2

20 minutes ago, Robert C said:

The cheesing required to get to 60 would have to be nuts.  I wound up at 57.  The exponential curve on leveling really starts to set in around 55 or so.  Delta between 59 and 60 is nearly the same as 0-48.

I was going to do some statistical analysis of the level scaling but thought better of it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I was going to do some statistical analysis of the level scaling but thought better of it.

Trust me - you wouldn't have to as plenty of people have already done it

So... many... numbers... charts

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Trust me - you wouldn't have to as plenty of people have already done it

So... many... numbers... charts

Yeah, I just looked one of those up.  I wasn't about to try the curve fitting there

I forgot how utterly fucked up the end of Project Overlord was.  And I'm still mad I either didn't see or missed an option to put a bullet into Archer.

I am at the at point in the trilogy that after playing majority Paragon, I'm starting to let Renegade options and quick points slip through more.

17 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I somehow had missed the power cell mission on Feros. It wasn't highlighted but when I found it on my second trip there, I completed the mission. 

Yeah - it is awkward because of how much is crammed into that tiny room

I completed it by accident because I thought it was one of the other missions that Feros folks needed done

I'm still on ME1. I'm now fucking sick of driving the Mako. It isn't so much how the Mako handles, it's how every planet is super craggy and mountainous and you spend forever trying to drive the Mako up mountainsides to get to an anomaly or something else.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

I forgot how utterly fucked up the end of Project Overlord was.  And I'm still mad I either didn't see or missed an option to put a bullet into Archer.

IIRC the best you get to do is pistol whip Archer.

I always thought that the My Body / My Choice side gig in ME1 was a powerful social statement to put into a game, so it still annoys me that they changed Rebekah Petrovsky from a concerned parent into an overprotective crackpot in ME2 because some asshole dev thought it might be a funny cameo.

You really should get some sort of Renegade bump for conning discounts from every store in Zakhera Ward just to save a cred or two via your endorsement scam.

Edited by J.T.

The topography on some of those ME1 maps is a clear case of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. 

One planet in particular (forget the name)feels like somebody watched Meru (yeah I know that came out after the game, just go with it) and thought to himself "you know what would be awesome?  driving an ungainly six wheeled vehicle up the Shark's Fin to locate a lump of light metal!"

• Haha 1

Like Mark - my old man eyes definitely made me turn up the brightness at some point in ME1

That being said - I am turning up the brightness in all games now since the default setting are clearly made for someone 20 years younger than me

I feel everyone's pain on the subject of the terrain on the Mako unfriendly planets.   The terrain on some of the near garden planets can fuck right off, especially the ones with critters you can accidentally run over if you are not careful.

Edited by J.T.

1 minute ago, Robert C said:

The topography on some of those ME1 maps is a clear case of just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. 

One planet in particular (forget the name)feels like somebody watched Meru (yeah I know that came out after the game, just go with it) and thought to himself "you know what would be awesome?  driving an ungainly six wheeled vehicle up the Shark's Fin to locate a lump of light metal!"

There is definitely a mineral deposit somewhere that is in the center of the world's deepest crater that they only way to get out is to warp back to the Mako

Of course early 2000s waypoints can kiss my ass since they never take in terrain