DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

OK, it seems that because I bought a second hand copy of ME2, and the previous owner had used the redemption code to get the Cerberus pack for free, I can't have that. But I also can't just pay to have my own version because - according to PSN - I don't own the game.

Honestly, I know this sounds bad, but PSN rotates the Trilogy and the games individually on sales regularly, probably best to wait until they put it out for $5 and rebuy it, since the PSN version will come with the pack.

I'm digging L_W_P's first person accounts of playing, making me real interested on what he thinks about 2 missions in particular.

That's probably what I'll do. Sucks. It'd be OK if it was ME3, because then I could have Xav play the disc upstairs while I played the downloaded version downstairs, and we could multiplayer together.

Pryo Troopers are easy to take down, man.  You had Garrus with you.  One Overload charge ignites their fuel tanks and blows them up. 

A sniper shot to the fuel tanks, Zaeed's Inferno Grenades, Incinerate, or Inferno Ammo will also get it done.

The Illusive Man has now sent me to the Terminus systems to intercept another Collector attack. Kaiden Alenko is stationed there.

Jack, Kasumi and myself begin the assualt tonight.

I took Miranda and Jacob, but any two Biotics is a good choice.  Biotic Combos are particularly devastating against Collector barriers.

Yeah, don't let the fact that they tried to weaponize cloned Rachni or experimented on human colonists with Dragon's Teeth tech from the Reapers and Thresher Maw acid in ME1 dissuade you from trusting them completely.

• Like 1

Body-horror always make my stomach turn (almost puked during District 9 when they were making Wikus fire the alien weaponary and were gonna vivisect him before he escaped, same in Looper when the time travellers limbs started disappearing) so yeah, I found the Atlas Station mission horrifying. I turned David over to Grissom Academy and was glad to see he was doing well later on but I'll be damned if I couldn't help myself but to kill his brother

Fucking Cerberus fucks. I knew that ship was a setup!!! Took Tali and Miranda and barely made it out with my life.

This Harbinger thing (The head Collector) is a damn pain in the ass. Im using a combo of Cloak + Disruptor ammo + Headshots but its still just a bullet sponge...

Now I have a 2 more party members to pick up as well as personal/loyalty missions for Garrus, Miranda and Tali.

Off to the Quarian fleet we go...

I realized you were playing Infiltrator, so you haven't been introduced to our Lord and Saviour Warp and his only son Warp Ammo yet.

I've played it through at least a dozen times, and I've never used warp ammo.  Might have to try it.  I always just stick with incendiary.

Went back and played through the Citadel DLC a couple times over the last week or two.  I'd never done most of the individual little meetups, and also had only done one variation of the big group deal at the end.  I love that DLC.

Ok... so I have finished what may well be the single greatest video game in the history of the universe. I haven't felt this good finishing a game since I clocked my first run of Final Fantasy 7 way back in like 1999. I got through the final mission with everyone in tact and only found out later that characters can perma die! Talk about blind luck!

I put Legion in as my tech guy because I didn't want to risk Tali. I picked Garrus to lead the fire squad because he and I did the dirty and I trusted him more than anyone. I had Jack as my biotic shield because I wanted her to prove herself and again Garrus lead the fire team. I send Tali back with the crew because I trusted her and Garrus the most since they were my crew from ME1 and I wanted Garrus with me. I then took Solus and Kasumi on the final mission because Solus has the frost/incinerate combo that I love hitting on the collectors and Kasumi's shadow strike with 80% cooldown is (to me) OP as anything.

Then I go online to look for alt endings and I see all these people dying and Im like WOAH! I got through with everyone!

This was amazing though. As I said before you could build a game around any of the stories for these side characters and I would play it - Garrus in a Metal Gear type stealth/action game. Samara in a TellTale/LA Noire style detective setting. Thane in a Sniper FPS...

I'll be downloading ME3 in the next week or two and getting onto it ASAP but in the mean time I'm starting a second run, this time a male Shep Soldier who is racists as all hell and only cares about himself. I'll be failing Loyalty missions where I can and I wont be in any hurry to save the crew after the Collectors come ;)

ME3 is also awesome.*

* - Until the last 20 minutes.**

** - Depending on who you ask.

Kasumi's Flashbangs can stun the Proto-Reaper.   All of her abilities are OP as hell.

Stage One:

I chose Tali as my tech and Miranda as the first fireteam leader.  My squaddies were Thane and Samara.  Biotics made short work of barriers.

Stage Two:

I chose Jack to handle the Biotic barrier and chose Garrus as my fireteam leader.  I sent Mordin back with the crew.  My squaddies were Grunt and Jacob.  Inferno Ammo: 1, Abominations: 0.

I took Jack and Kasumi with me for the final mission.   Jack's Warp Ammo destroys barriers and her Shockwave can knock Collectors right off the platform resulting in mass auto-kills.  And as you said earlier, Kasumi's Shadowstrike and Flash Bangs are ridiculously overpowered.

Suicide mission was not so suicidal. Everyone survived.  I am not sure how anyone on your team dies before getting to the Collector ship unless you have ADD and totally blew off ship upgrades.

Also how is this not a TV series on HBO or Netflix yet?

Could get 5 or 6 seasons easily and that's without playing the third game yet. Dedicate an episode to each side character in ME2 without much trouble.

Would be great to see which way they took TV FemShep ;)

Babylon 5 might scratch that itch but I watched that show as a kid and god knows how it has aged