DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

You're on PS3, right? I could jump on multiplayer if you need backup.

You can get your readiness above the green line without doing anything on multiplayer. But it's a lot easier if you've done the online maps, because if you get an online character to level 20 (which isn't hard) you can upload them to your offline galaxy at war and make them a war asset... and that's before you improve the basic 50% galactic readiness.

I like to be Krogans. Although my best character is probably the Salarian Engineer... I've got an N7 Paladin I've done nothing with. And I'm wierdly terrible with the Omni-Bow guy.

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/

Make yourself an EA Origin account, log into this site with it, link up your PSN(or sign in to Origin from ME3 I think, either way).  There's a area where you can basically run up to 5 missions a clip online ala all the shitty timed web games that will boost the readyness percentage within the zone.  About 1.3% per hour if you do the 1 hour missions a bunch.

Also, get the extended ending DLC for ME3, its a free DL.  While adding a couple minor things to the ending, it lowers the minimum bar to something completly managable without doing any of the Online or web stuff.

And get used to running back to the Citadel in 3, you go back and forth a fucking ton.

• Like 1

Just FYI you don't need to do multiplayer to get the best ending - I didn't and I had all options available to me but I did do all the DLC so that might have put me over the finish line. Plus when they updated/extended the ending they made it a bit easier to get it too

http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/

Make yourself an EA Origin account, log into this site with it, link up your PSN(or sign in to Origin from ME3 I think, either way).  There's a area where you can basically run up to 5 missions a clip online ala all the shitty timed web games that will boost the readyness percentage within the zone.  About 1.3% per hour if you do the 1 hour missions a bunch.

Also, get the extended ending DLC for ME3, its a free DL.  While adding a couple minor things to the ending, it lowers the minimum bar to something completly managable without doing any of the Online or web stuff.

And get used to running back to the Citadel in 3, you go back and forth a fucking ton.

There's also a mobile app you can use to do the same thing, if memory serves me correctly. It might not. . .been a while since I played the ME games.

A couple of my DARPA homies got their Sleeper Stimulants on Sunday while I suffered through shitty football so I am going to try to get them to carry me through the Black Spindle challenge.  We will all probably end up tapping out early and watching RAW.

Yeah JT is merging threads now

There is no way that DARPA would subject us to the piece of crap that is the Hammerhead.

As for the Black Spindle post.. Yeah, senility and I am trying to sneak in some of Eric Price's WWA 70's wrestling eps while working on this database and have totally drawn blanks on what thread I was in at the time.

Yeah PS3. Hard to co-ordinate though because my playing times are pretty random (kids, work etc) and I live in Australia as opposed to this US heavy board haha

Happy to have an add though and we can jump in whenever we happen to be online at the same time -

L__W__P

Yes, those are double underscores.

I'd be happy to jump on and run with you as well, though I'm in SoCal. Any excuse to play some ME3 multiplayer, though. PSN is sycoDMN, I'll add you when I get on next if you don't do it first.

• Like 1

I am afraid that I am going to have to restart, and I would rather avoid doing it. With N7 Day on Saturday, I thought I'd try to get deeper into ME1. I am at the end of Liara's Dig Site where you fight the Krogan Battlemaster, and I cannot seem to get past this section. I have Ashley and Tali with me. Bringing Tali along seems to be a mistake, as she dies within the first 10 seconds of the battle.

I also cannot remember if my Shep is set up as a Sentinel or a Vanguard.

Use cover appropiatly, especially for Tali at early levels.  Use Shield boost if you have it with her.  Use Overkill with Ashley.  If you're a Sentinel, use Barrier (and statis if you unlocked it).  If you're a Vanguard, SPAM WARP.

The Krogan Warlord charge is an OHK no matter how buffed you are. so deal with him first and then kill the Geth.

Remember your squad commands.  If you have your team lollygagging out in the open for too long, they are going to get wrecked by Geth rockets or by the Warlord's bull rush attack.  Have them take cover, but remember that the exhaust from the lift ports will poison you so watch where you hide.

if you are going to use Tali, spam Sabotage and Damping on the Warlord to fry his weapons and mess with his Biotics.  That usually make him cower in a corner and you can use that time to pound on him and then deal with the Geth..  Also spam Shield Boost to buff her defense.

Depending on how late you put off this mission, Tali may or may not be high enough level to have access to AI Hacking.  If she does, use it on the Geth.  I tend to go to Therum first to get Liara on board early, so my characters are usually low leveled in that encounter.

When the Krogan takes cover to recover from your Tech Mine attack, use your Frisbee grenades to damage him.  Don't forget that you can detonate them prematurely by using the back button.

Use Adrenaline Burst with Ashley so that she can rapidly spam Overkill.  If Ashley's Fitness level is high enough for her to get Immunity, use that as well.  Focus her firepower on the Krogan and then finish off the Geth.

If you are a Vanguard, spam Warp and Lift.

If you are a Sentinel, overlap your spamming of Sabotage and Damping with Tali's spamming of Sabotage and Damping  to keep the Warlord out of play for a long as possible.  If you focused on Biotics instead of Tech Mines, use Barrier on yourself and Lift / Throw on the Krogan.  DO NOT USE STASIS BECAUSE THAT MAKES THE KROGAN IMMUNE TO DAMAGE AND HE NEEDS TO DIE FIRST.

Also don't forget that Sentinels have Medicine as a skill and Neural Shock is fucking nasty and is extremely effective on the Krogan.  If you have that power available, try to Neural Shock the Krogan before he gets to cover so you and Tali can bomb him with Tech Mines and Ashley can riddle him with bullets.

Don't forget that you have Unity but it is much better to use First Aid to keep your squad healed up rather than use Unity to revive fallen squaddies.

Yeah PS3. Hard to co-ordinate though because my playing times are pretty random (kids, work etc) and I live in Australia as opposed to this US heavy board haha

Happy to have an add though and we can jump in whenever we happen to be online at the same time -

L__W__P

Yes, those are double underscores.

I'd be happy to jump on and run with you as well, though I'm in SoCal. Any excuse to play some ME3 multiplayer, though. PSN is sycoDMN, I'll add you when I get on next if you don't do it first.

I haven't forgotten about this, I just haven't gotten on my PS3 yet.

• Like 1