DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

• 2 weeks later...

Status update -

I have held the meeting with Wrex and the Turian Primarch. We rescued the female Krogan, Eve, and have recruited Mordin Solus to the Normandy.

I have now taken the crew to Tuchanka where we deactivated a bomb placed there by the Turians during the Krogan Rebellion. Unfortunately Primarch Victus' son died deactivating the device.

For now we remain in orbit above Tuchanka. We still have work to do...

Get a box of tissues.

You'll see.

Dammit - I meant to post a warning for you that a lot of the side quest stuff is timed.

That will happen again - since the game is basically three acts.

Basically - if a mission is labelled as "Priority" try to do those last. (at least until you run out of side quest stuff to do)

• Like 1

Been doing a little ME3 online lately. Uploaded the Infiltrator class so I could level up my Asari Huntress again, and the first pack I opened after that had a Geth Plasma SMG in it. Is this the best gun in the game? Because it feels like it.

I prefer the Geth Pulse Rifle over the SMG

That being said - they are really good - especially if you are playing as a Geth and take the bonus perk that increases damage using those weapons

The GPR in the hands of a properly speced Geth Engineer, Solder or Infiltrator is sick. 

You will lose your love for the Javelin rather quickly.  The novelty wears off once you figure out that you have to sacrifice a lot of build to compensate for the weight, low rate of fire, and low ammo reserve.

I actually like the Geth SMG when used in tandem with a Geth Engineer.  The bonus thermal clip pack and heat sink are the mods to use with that weapon. 

I hope in the next game they change the control system so 'run' and 'go into cover' are two different buttons. Getting killed by a cloud of electrified razorwire insects because I ran too close to a wall trying to escape it is bloody stupid.

Been doing a little ME3 online lately. Uploaded the Infiltrator class so I could level up my Asari Huntress again, and the first pack I opened after that had a Geth Plasma SMG in it. Is this the best gun in the game? Because it feels like it.

Give me the Harrier or give me death.

Actually, I'll accept the Mattock as well, I love both those guns.

LWP, if you see me online and I'm playing games, send me a message and we'll roll some MP. If I'm on Netflix or anything else though, probably not going to be able to play.

Do you find it weird how many people who play ME3 online have super high N7 and Gold Cup scores, like in the tens of thousands? With upwards of 10 or 20 blue swirl points? I mean, I know it's a fun game and you lose track of time playing it, but that had to have taken upwards of a thousand hours.

Got my Drell Adept up to level 20 and uploaded him to Galaxy at war, so I'd have at least one upload in each class. Noticed I was at over $100,000 credits and bought a character pack. Got a Volus Engineer and a Volus Mercenary. Can't say I'm looking forward to playing with either of those.

You know how guns all have a rating, from 1 to 10? I was playing with a guy who only used one gun, and it was Black Widow X. I thought having a regular Widow I was impressive enough (I never use it though. I prefer the Krysea, because close counts.

Stupid question time: If your weapon weight is low enough that your power reload time is at -100%, do you actually get your powers back twice as fast? Or is it just anything lower than 0% equals 0%?

You know how guns all have a rating, from 1 to 10? I was playing with a guy who only used one gun, and it was Black Widow X. I thought having a regular Widow I was impressive enough (I never use it though. I prefer the Krysea, because close counts.

Stupid question time: If your weapon weight is low enough that your power reload time is at -100%, do you actually get your powers back twice as fast? Or is it just anything lower than 0% equals 0%?

No - negatives are bad. It means it will slow it down longer than the normal reset time. That is why super heavy weapons suck if you are playing on using your powers at all.

Assuming a 5 second cooldown at +100% cooldown would be twice every 5 seconds, or 2.5 seconds, and +200% would be 1.67 seconds.

Reverse would work the same way. -100% cooldowns means once every 10 seconds, and -200% cooldowns means 15 seconds.

See, the only time I was really paying attention to that was when I was using the Asari Huntress, and I couldn't tell if I was getting Dark Channel back every 2 seconds or 1 second.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Offline mode, you can kill the driver of an Atlas with a Sniper Rifle, and then jump in and pilot the thing yourself. Wish that worked in online too.

In Offline mode, you can kill the driver of an Atlas with a Sniper Rifle, and then jump in and pilot the thing yourself. Wish that worked in online too.

There is even an achievement/trophy for doing this