DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Its weird I know I was watching AJPW then and remember the Love Machines and Stamboli as fake Great Muta. I still don't remember them building that match up so well as that promo vid entails, but clearly, they did. Always dug the Dragon mask Muta donned for that one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Was Khali supposed to be in that but got injured or something? Because I don't see any reason for them to be in that match without Khali.

Per Wikipedia, Khali was not medically cleared due to "elevated enzymes in his liver." He was written out by having Teddy Long inserting Big Show into the match for attacking Taker backstage.

• Like 1

World Of Sport Rules Match: Johnny Saint vs. Naohiro Hoshikawa

PWA Heavyweight Title Match: Wellington Wilkins Jr. (c) vs. Lenny Lane

Alexander Otsuka & Yuki Ishikawa vs. Daisuke Ikeda & Satoshi Yoneyama

Dos Caras, Dynamite Kid & Kuniaki Kobayashi vs. Mil Mascaras, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama)

Dick Togo, MEN's Teioh, Shiryu, Shoichi Funaki & TAKA Michinoku vs. Gran Hamada, Gran Naniwa, Masato Yakushiji, Super Delfin & Tiger Mask (Yoshihiro Yamazaki)

Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Hayabusa

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

World Of Sport Rules Match: Johnny Saint vs. Naohiro Hoshikawa

PWA Heavyweight Title Match: Wellington Wilkins Jr. (c) vs. Lenny Lane

Alexander Otsuka & Yuki Ishikawa vs. Daisuke Ikeda & Satoshi Yoneyama

Dos Caras, Dynamite Kid & Kuniaki Kobayashi vs. Mil Mascaras, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama)

Dick Togo, MEN's Teioh, Shiryu, Shoichi Funaki & TAKA Michinoku vs. Gran Hamada, Gran Naniwa, Masato Yakushiji, Super Delfin & Tiger Mask (Yoshihiro Yamazaki)

Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Hayabusa

This was the first puro show I ever bought, entirely for the 10-man and the cool shit I had read about MPro and their highflying.  So I was very confused by seeing a Johnny Saint match, whatever the hell was going on with Wellington Wilkins hair, a Battlarts match, and a legends match.  I was definitely thinking that puro was way shittier than the internet had made it out to be.

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah I remember Bobby and I think Carlito and others getting popped. I had to look "elevated liver enzymes" up and found out that alcoholics usually get them. Even reading again it doesn't seem PED related.

Dianabol is an oral steroid that is kinda hard on the liver and generally also causes the elevated liver enzymes flag to pop up.  I also imagine that they could of all went out drinking the day before the tests and had popped some tylenol or other normal substance that elevated their liver enzymes for the test.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm definitely gonna watch the 10-man again and the BattlARTS tag (I am currently pissed that there is so little classic Bati online) but that is certainly a dog's breakfast of a card. Ooof, Dynamite in '96...

vrnam nchnm on YouTube has a lot of BattlARTS matches.

That channel also has a bunch of WAR, fancam All Japan, etc.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

vrnam nchnm on YouTube has a lot of BattlARTS matches.

That channel also has a bunch of WAR, fancam All Japan, etc.

I'll check that out. It just seems that single names and combinations bring up nothing anymore; I should probably be looking for years and full shows.

38 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Funniest interpromotional squash match ever. 

Spitting water on Dangerous Queen was Kurenai's first but not last mistake. I adore this. Love the refusal for the scabbard and then demeaning Kurenai on the mic after the match. Put this in a museum.

Nothing beats a hot Korakuen crowd, man. Those fans were the best.

• Like 1

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I'm definitely gonna watch the 10-man again and the BattlARTS tag (I am currently pissed that there is so little classic Bati online) but that is certainly a dog's breakfast of a card. Ooof, Dynamite in '96...

There's literally thousands of hours of Japanese pro-wrestling, Battlarts included.