DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

NJPW is really cracking down. After getting a block or two (but no strikes) I took down most of the stuff I had from them from 77/78/80, but kept the Andre/Tito/Chavo six man and some of the later HHs. My guess is that they'll only go after TV footage, but we'll have to see. Regardless, if you're interested in any of the NJ HHs I've got online, best to go download them. 

Matches from an infamous 2002 indie show at a baseball stadium in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Promoted by "International Wrestling Superstars," the show had a "U.S. vs. The World" tournament gimmick and featured names from AJPW, as well as various WWF castoffs and indie wrestlers.

After the show, the promoter was arrested and slapped with criminal charges for failing to pay wrestlers and staff. He was fined, sentenced to probation and community service and ordered to pay said wrestlers.

Jimmy Snuka vs. King Kong Bundy -- one article I saw on the promoter's arrest said that Bundy was promised $5,000 to work this match.

Satoshi Kojima vs. Tatanka -- IIRC, Tatanka was supposed to be one of the headliners for IWS, but pretty much every show but this one was "canceled at the last minute." If you look at Cagematch, you'll notice Tatanka randomly working a CZW show -- that's due to an IWS last-minute cancellation in the same area. Part 2 on the side.

Steve Williams vs. Jimmy Snuka Jr. (Deuce) -- Part 2 on the side.

The poster has two other matches from that card on his YT page -- Road Warriors vs. Headshrinkers (Samu/Alofa -- announcer keeps calling the latter "Loofa.") and Mr. Irresistible vs. Black Widow. I vaguely recall other matches being Great Muta vs. Bam Bam Bigelow and Sabu vs. Devon Storm.

• Like 1

It's not a match but FUCK IT

Bison was way too good at that (well the dancing competent at least) for someone who was wrestling 45 days in a row or how many days AJW had those poor girls going.

Aja...not so much.

8 hours ago, D.Z said:

Robots AJPW.

No All Japan historian, but I never would've expected Baba to use droids

Onita was one of them, according to a web search. Anyone know who the identity of the other?

Guest Edwin

Sherri Martel as a second yelling and taking a bump on the outside, Blue Panther and Perro Aguayo as seconds, Blue Panther bitting Konnan's foot trying to stop him from escaping, Máscara Sagrada and Mascarita Sagrada teaming up, Mascarita Sagrada with a massive dive off the top of the cage, Jake Roberts tearing up Mascarita Sagrada mask, the crowd going absolutely bonkers for the entire thing. What a spectacle.

Some of these Kuwait matches are really cool and even though they have full announcing, we think the haven't been available before. There's also Jannetty vs Austin for instance which I think is the match where Brisco suplexed Austin for no reason after the match (though we don't have that on film unfortunately).

• Thanks 1