DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

I'm in heaven.

(By the way, in what world was Meltzer living in where Blayze/Nakano got ***1/4 stars? That match was garbage, but then again, I've never liked anything I've seen from Madusa/Alundra)

• Like 1

I just watched that the other day. The LLPW team was pretty much unrecognizable to me. It was nice of them to give Bat (I think) the underdog spotlight there, reminded me of that 10-man NJPW handheld that just came out where Baby Nagata got to whoop a bunch of ass. 

EDIT: Here's that match. Besides the screwups at the end this is really fun. 

You gotta at least skip to the spot where every team member gets to top-rope double stomp one guy... including Hash and Yasuda. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

39 minutes ago, DEAN said:

God, they throw everybody into this match.  The amazingly hot and trashy Yasha Kurenai is the first one out.

I like this one better.

Figure out why. ?

• Like 1

Guest Edwin

I remember everyone loving these back then. They still hold up, specially the first one. Sucks we never got a Virus vs. Bobby Quance singles match.

Edited by Edwin

Bob Backlund defending the WWWF Heavyweight Championship against Superstar Billy Graham in a Sicilian Stretcher Match at the Philadelphia Spectrum, September 1978.

Rules are a bit wonky but the match is damn great nonetheless and the crowd is absolutely molten for the entire last ten minutes.

• Like 1