DVDVR Message Board

Game Deals and Subscriptions 2017... err... 2018 now

56 minutes ago, Shane said:

Not sure how long it lasts, but I picked up a 6 month code for Xbox GamePass on Amazon at half price ($30). That’s a good price for that selection of games. 

Play Sea of Thieves. It's the best.

State of Decay 2 is pretty much the same as 1 but with better graphics and co-op. I haven't touched co-op though. 

Definitely plan to dive headlong into State of Decay 2. Based on what I’ve seen of the Giant Bomb and Waypoint crews streaming it, I think it’s right up my alley. 

Even with the gigantic first patch, it's still pretty buggy. The main issue I'm having is buddies going missing/invisible and you can't really get them back until you return to base and switch to them. This is problematic because some missions are locked on to certain characters and you can't switch out without failing said mission.

It's a fun, repetitive, buggy mess of a game.

hey guys. I am hoping for some help.  Just bought a PS4  and am curious how the Playstation Now works. Do the games revolve often or are they free to play with membership pretty much always.  It's extremely tempting to buy based on the gaming list.

Also I have purchased the Drake collection, Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 collection,  Last of Us remastered.  Are there any games you guys reccomend that are must have PS4 exclusives?  Thank you all for the time and help!!

PSNow is a little unpredictable on when games rotate out, but you're guaranteed a few months at least and backbone titles like Red Dead aren't gonna vanish.

My advice is that if the $100/year deal isn't on right now (it's seasonal) wait til it's back. I get my money's worth at that price but feel it's a ripoff at the quarterly or monthly price.

No Man's Sky for PS4 is only $15 at Wal Mart.  They've patched it into being a pretty damn good exploration/survival game and it'll be getting full multiplayer this summer.

• Like 1

I'll buck the crowd and say I really like my steam link, even though I only use it so my wife and I can play Slay the Spire together.  Set up was easy and I've had no issues with it since.

I'm going to pick up Oxenfree for $5. If I didn't already have Dust/Bastion/Valdis Story/Hollow Knight, I'd give them a look.

Are there any other Adventure Games/Metroidvanias/jRPGs I should be looking into for <$10?

Metrooidvanias, in three unique packages.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon is literally "a guy that worked on a Castlevania did a 8-bit Castlevania love letter as a side project". This is pretty new and not on sale but I think it's like basically $10 at full price.

Dead Cells is on sale and rules. Very slick and fast game, always action, great graphic style, highly replayable.

Salt and Sanctuary is on sale and rules. It's a Dark Souls/metroidvania hybrid and it's a game I am so glad I had recommended to me.