DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2016: WEEK THIRTEEN

Dolfan in NYC

Niners almost got a special teams TD catching a blocked punt out of the air.   The guy runs out of bounds but the Niners have no clue and ends up getting a celebration penalty and no points.   Given how awful this field and teams are, I expect a turnover or missed FG

The Redzone channel obsession with this awful game is irritating

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

At this point it's better the Niners don't win another game.

Unfortunately, both teams being afraid to throw the ball in the snow has forced the 49ers to focus on their strength as an offense and eliminated their weakness as a defense.

Also the Bears keep giving them the ball.  After that blocked punt turned into one field goal the ensuing* kickoff got fumbled away for another field goal.

* have you EVER heard anyone use "ensuing" outside of a football context?  Or, indeed, in front of any word besides "kickoff" even in a football context?  Did the late John Facenda just make this word up for the sake of NFL Films?  Write about your experience

This is my first week of using NFL Gamepass on the Xbox One and the streaming is lovely.  However, the fantasy updates appear slightly ahead of the stream.  There's no jeopardy as Gostkowski lines up for the kick and the fantasy notification pops up to tell me he's made it :D

26 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

Detroit's OC is named Jim Bob Cooter? No way. 

Yes. And we have stopped laughing about it because he seemingly single-handedly turned Stafford into a borderline MVP candidate.