DVDVR Message Board

Game of Thrones Maesters Thread

elizium

Why do I get the feeling that in the end the mythology stuff won't be as important as the journey of the surviving characters? I just can't see Dany, Jon Snow, and Aegon flying around on dragons frying white walkers be the ending.

• Like 1

Why do I get the feeling that in the end the mythology stuff won't be as important as the journey of the surviving characters? I just can't see Dany, Jon Snow, and Aegon flying around on dragons frying white walkers be the ending.

Of course it won't be.  You forgot that this will be playing during that scene:

Lets be honest:  This is A Song of Ice and Fire.  There is a non-negligible chance that it ends with everybody being too distracted by their damn game of thrones to notice The Others until it's too late and the entire fucking continent gets wiped out and zombified.

Lets be honest:  This is A Song of Ice and Fire.  There is a non-negligible chance that it ends with everybody being too distracted by their damn game of thrones to notice The Others until it's too late and the entire fucking continent gets wiped out and zombified.

If that happens, will everyone get raped then zombified or zombified first then raped?

If that happens, will everyone get raped then zombified or zombified first then raped?

Depends on how early/late in the process Ramsay joins their ranks.

GRRM has gone on record saying it/The Others won't be that because the monolithic race of evil is one of his criticisms of Tolkien.

[sometimes I wonder if the Dragons/fire side is actually the real danger and that Dany might have a full-fledged Heel Turn in her future.  And The Others are coming back because they know it's up to them to help...or they're simply defending themselves and Tough Luck Humans if ya get caught in the crossfire, nothin personal]

• Like 1

No, it's the Starks who turn to evil. Especially Rickon, Joffrey is going to look tame next to that barbarian.

Rickon having an army of White Walkers and Dire Wolves would be pretty sweet.  Especially is Bran could warg into them all and have them eat some South of the Wall faces off of people.  Add some laser beams in there somehow and you have one hell of an ending.

Not enough boiled leather.

Yeah but Rickon will still get a face pop because he'll be eating Freys

Much like how Hulk Hogan actually wrestled heel style (back rakes, eye gouges, jawing with the referee) all through the Hulkamania years and got cheered anyway.

Pretty surprised that they gave up the revelation that Lysa murdered Jon Arryn so far forward in the season. I'm even more surprised that the crowd at the Eastern where I watch didn't react AT ALL. That was such an OH SHIT moment in the book, I was expecting a group freakout when they revealed it.

Burn Gorman was such a hoot as Karl a small part of me wanted them to fuck with continuity and have him escape death for just a little longer.

Was surprised Locke blew his own cover/got killed off so quickly. 

Dug Hodor staring at his hands like 1994 Bob Backlund

Just finished episode four. The amount of sexual violence is starting to get a bit stomach-churning, actually.

At least one paper (the admittedly left Guardian) had someone write a column saying they stopped wqtching because of the misogyny.

My favorite part of Bravos is in the introduction with the coins rolling down into the buildings like an old time coin machine. Awesome.

The Tyrion trial was great and Peter Dinklage was on another level. 

Show Oberyn is perfect casting.  I've always been a mark for the non-POV scenes and tonight's Varys/Oberyn scene was one of the best.  I guess I'm a mark for the outright switch ups as well.  Outside of the Jaime/Cersei screw up, all of the changes have felt very true to the story.  Give me cool Iron Bank stuff over a straight adaptation every time.

TYRION!  These next few episodes are going to be so epic!

I'd probably be more disappointed with Yara vs Ramsay if I hadn't spent enough years watching wrestling to recognize a title match that is going to end on a disqualification so the champ retains but the challenger remains undefeated/strong/etc. from A Mile Away.

She can't win, but she can't get captured by Ramsay either.

I hope the folks in the other thread recognize it for what it is too.

EDIT:  Gotta hook 'em for that Reek-On-A-Pole rematch at Clash Of The Champions Kings V

• Like 2