DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

So, uh, nevermind the Hound and the Mountain, what happens when Brienne, the Hound, Tormund, and Jaime are all in the same place?

Is there a Westeros version of Maury?

Peter Dinklage finally got material worth attacking, and by God did he.

Littlefinger finally got got, and they didn't go with "we've been setting him up the whole time" instead having him push too fast and basically show Sansa how evil he is. And ARYA!!!!!

I didn't catch it, what was Jon's real first name?

A little non-Lannister incest....

They're fucked.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

Hey, before we are gone for a year, here's a mammoth info dump.

Eh, not really. We already knew from last season that R + L = J was true, and for a few weeks that the marriage happened. Everything else pretty well developed out of plot.

And this episode really demonstrated why series needed to slow down more. Getting a real Tyrion/Bronn scene, the Hound/Mountain bit, the Littlefinger/Sansa scene and subsequent trial, Cersei and Jaime, the whole peace conference, the Jon/Theon scene... And, of course, the Godly Tyrion/Cersei scene. Character stuff is why this show is so fucking good and we've gotten so little this year, except the Jaime/Olenna moment.

Even Pod got two good bits! Brienne and Jaime!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2017 at 5:00 PM, odessasteps said:

Two singing Cunts

The absolute best part of this is that after the song falls apart and he starts laughing he does what every amateur guitarist in the world does in that situation, he plays the opening to Purple Haze.

HES JUST LIKE US!!!!!!!!!

Also loved Littlefinger dying on his knees, bawling like a baby, and pleading pathetically and uselessly for his life.  Quite cathartic.

and once again The Night's King lived up to J.T.'s assessment:  Every time the Night King has significant time on an episode, he shows exactly why you should be completely fucking terrified of him. 

The Wall has stood for 8000 years.  Hundreds of feet tall, hundreds of miles wide, made of magic self-replentishing ice, and The Night's King made it tap in a minute like it was on its last night in a Bill Watts territory.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

Also loved Littlefinger dying on his knees, bawling like a baby, and pleading pathetically and uselessly for his life.  Quite cathartic.

and once again The Night's King lived up to J.T.'s assessment:  Every time the Night King has significant time on an episode, he shows exactly why you should be completely fucking terrified of him. 

The Wall has stood for 8000 years.  Hundreds of feet tall, hundreds of miles wide, made of magic self-replentishing ice, and The Night's King made it tap in a minute like it was on its last night in a Bill Watts territory.

OcPGb94gIfOlc1Hz5pUM9HjuTgsSxv1V2epMclvP

Aidan was spectacular. However, Lena and Dinklage were on some next level shit. Lena Headey I don't think gets the amount of credit she deserves because she's usually a little more reserved than fan favourites and her character is the true villain of the story (despite having completely logical reasons for her shittiness and her life lessons pointing towards such cruelty). 

Theon is my favourite character from the books but I do feel like he was shortchanged the most by the frenetic pace of this season. They tried to jam a lot of shit in there to make his big redemption story feel earned but I don't think it quite worked. Still a really nice moment but it was rushed and stuck in the middle of a long string of fan service-y scenes. Speaking of which, you knew there was way too much good happening. I really thought they'd off Jaime right then and there. I don't think he makes it to the north with Jon and Dany because I don't think the story can afford for those two to know of Cersei's betrayal until it's too late. Still thinking Jaime kills Cersei but that was a neat twist and the scene had a great deal of weight even after following the Tyrion/Cersei showdown. 

I get the criticisms of the hurried nature of the season but I still think it was rad and I had a blast watching it just as my patience with the show was wearing thin. 

When the hell does George release the Winds of Winter? How different will it be from the show?

We'll find out in episode 1 of season 8 when like all of the narfmen are met with Big Vis' flame/ice deal.

Apparently, some of next season's episodes could be as long as 2 hours, so it'll be a long 6 episodes.

We'll also see the big showdown...

Spoiler

Nj5WA.png

vs.

9db9ebb0_edit_img_image_1090627_14653189

Yeah, but it's clear the writers consider Ned way more important. You notice Cat only got mentioned during the trial, while Ned was brought up both in the Theon/Jon scene and the sisters reunion scene. And even by Cersei.

This was so excellent. For all the talk about how they moved too fast and how we didn't get any character moments,  they more than made up for that with the finale. I think this was one of my favorite episodes.  There were everything from the political strategy and backstabbing to bitter personal rivalries, call backs and ends with and ice dragon obliterating the wall. 

Bran and Sam's interaction was hilarious.  

"Oh, not much,  I remember everything and also became the 3 eyed raven"   

"Hmm that's neat."