DVDVR Message Board

RAW - May 16, 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Everyone involved in Kalisto's sphere of influence gave exactly zero fucks about protecting him.  Surprised he didn't get a stinger off the barricade throw Del Rio Dirt Tack subjected him to.

And *that* was the culmination of the Golden Truth storyline.  WWE gonna WWE.

And ffs, Darin Baron Corbin vs. Dolph Ziggler at X-Games this Sunday.  I haven't been keeping up, who's turn is it to win?

Never mind X-Pac heat, I am now actively hoping for JBL's death by fire, infected toenail, or snu-snu.  His shtick is as stale as three day old shit.

• Like 2

Pretty useless show, but I did love Dean Ambrose bringing back Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun match - only now it has a plant and a mop. The Club lost again, as did Becky - so WWE has something other than 50/50 booking and it's in these programs. Stephanie, of course, went over Ric Flair in NC in the main event segment. #newera

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/05/wwe-raw-5-16-16.html

4a99bc484104187.jpg

61bfe0484117309.jpg

e958b1484117290.jpg

63ae72484117325.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/r3kcrkxkc33gpzz83xdg92vwsv30gb27

It seemed like the main purpose of the main event segment was to show how much of a mess Ric Flair is.  Even his own daughter is treating him like the dottering drunk old fool to the point that JBL was telling us that it was a bit much.  

Don't think Roman or really anyone that big should be taking the Styles Clash.  He barely tucked that head in.  Have no idea why Gallows and Anderson are losing clean besides the usual "well that is what the WWE does"

Thought Charlotte was really good in the Main Event segment. So obnoxious. So condescending. It's refreshing to have a true heel and the pop when Sasha finally takes the title off her is going to be massive.

Ric probably volunteered to get slapped by Stephanie so he could take a bump one more time.

There has to be a story to this Golden Truth stuff. One of the most bizarre long running storylines in WWE history.

The AJ/Roman stuff was good again but I feel like they might wrap it up on Sunday.

Ambrose and Jericho had like 75% of what could have been a great heated angle but 25% of it is played for comedy and it kills it. Dean's finally cutting a serious promo and we get goofy music and a close-up of a mop.

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

Thought Charlotte was really good in the Main Event segment. So obnoxious. So condescending. It's refreshing to have a true heel and the pop when Sasha finally takes the title off her is going to be massive.

Ric probably volunteered to get slapped by Stephanie so he could take a bump one more time.

There has to be a story to this Golden Truth stuff. One of the most bizarre long running storylines in WWE history.

The AJ/Roman stuff was good again but I feel like they might wrap it up on Sunday.

Ambrose and Jericho had like 75% of what could have been a great heated angle but 25% of it is played for comedy and it kills it. Dean's finally cutting a serious promo and we get goofy music and a close-up of a mop.

It wasn't so much the mop close-up that irked me ... it was the bucket.

Very cool to see Steenerico teaming on Raw. Eventually, we'll get them making amends and winning the tag titles.

I enjoyed the New Day time machine and love that The Vaudevillains are being treated as a serious threat. I feared they were going to get the same treatment as The Ascension upon being called up.

The Shining Stars gimmick has a very Fabulous Rougeau's feel to it. I like the carrying the hibiscus to the ring, coming off as genuine toward their opponents, then just walloping them. 

• Like 1

Gallows/Anderson losing is odd. I don't expect them to be booked as strong as they were in Japan - I'm kind of figuring their role in WWE is to be henchmen for either Balor or Styles, but what do the fucking Usos need that win for?

1 minute ago, mattdangerously said:

I bet Anderson and Gallows are starting to question some of their recent career decisions right about now.

Why? They're making good money and in a top program in WWE. Gallows is a marginal wrestler at best and Anderson is old and wants to be at home.

They could have taken the TNA offer...

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

Why? They're making good money and in a top program in WWE. Gallows is a marginal wrestler at best and Anderson is old and wants to be at home.

They could have taken the TNA offer...

They could also still be making good money and winning matches in Japan.  

8 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I bet Anderson and Gallows are starting to question some of their recent career decisions right about now.

Why? Making big money. In the middle of a main event program. Not breathing in nuclear fallout. They're doing great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrisM said:

Why? Making big money. In the middle of a main event program. Not breathing in nuclear fallout. They're doing great.

Not fearing Gojira...

• Like 8

Something I've noticed the past few weeks ... Uso #2 does the running butt into the opponent's head in the corner.  JBL says, "Shades of Umaga!" Then Cole almost immediately chimes in with "Their uncle Rikishi!" as if he's trying to cover up what JBL said.  Probably nothing more than one more annoying shitty thing those announcing bastards do.