DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Would it be outlandish to suggest that for years testosterone is what fighters were using to get around the steroid drug testing?  Granted, I'm not aware of when they started looking at testosterone levels.  And just because fighters are testing negative doesn't mean they aren't using.

The Super Bowl card will have two title fights - Jose Aldo vs. Ricardo Lamas and Renan Barao vs...Dominick Cruz!

It would be a great story if Dominick Cruz retains his UFC Bantamweight Championship in his first fight back after spending so long out with the ACL tears. I like Cruz.

So the Machida/Munoz show totally bombed, drawing only 122,000 viewers.  Yes, it was live in the middle of the day on FS2, but still a shame that no one saw the debut of a legit new Middleweight contender.  The UFC/Zuffa have taken a huge blow in ratings since the move to Fox.  It doesn't help that they have completely confused their audience.  

This is SO true. I have casual friends that don't even watch anymore because following it has become a "chore". Multiple people have told me they liked it better when everything was on Spike cause you knew where to look.

It sucks, it really does. This conversation has happened WAY too often lately, Me: "You guys watch UFC last night?" Friends: "There was a UFC on? PPV?" Me: "No on FS1." Friends: "Huh... had no idea. Didn't see any ads about it"

They don't advertise ANYTHING anymore and the vast majority of causal fans (unlike some of us) don't spend there whole day at work on MMA sites. It seems like back in the day if you watched Spike for 5 minutes you would see an add for a PPV, Fight Night, TUF, or a Countdown show.

They should at least be advertising on the channel that they're airing the events on, not saying they need to advertise in print media or billboards.  Whenever FS1 has a college football game on, you should have at least a handful of reminders about the Fight Night card coming up next weekend.

I don't know, I have FS1 or FS2 on quite often when I'm working out in the morning and I see ads for the FS1 events, PPVs, & TUF all the time. However that & when I'm watching a UFC event or TUF is the only time I have those channels on. Do they not show the ads during any other sporting events? When I have it on in the mornings they are either showing past UFC events or whatever the hell they call their version of SportsCenter.

Maybe they are advertising on FS1... I don't know. Part of the problem is aside from College Football and UFC, nobody watches FS1. Their sports talk shows and their version of sports center are terrible and get some of the lowest ratings in all of cable.

They REALLY need to advertise UFC during the NFL/College Football on Big Fox.

• Like 1