DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Is there an economic gain to doing TUF Brazil for the UFC? Werdum is about to be the next guy to fight for the title and because of timing and coaching TUF Brazil he was out for a year in between his previous fight and the Nog fight from the show.  And that was on Fuel TV so it's not like a ton of people saw it.  That was in June.  The title fight probably won't be until February so that will make one fight in a year and eight months.  Not a great recipe for selling a title fight in my opinion.  But hey maybe they can sell the fight based on Cain's personality and exciting style. 

I guess with Chael fighting in November already he wasn't going to fight again until April-May anyways so this shouldn't affect his fight schedule by all of that much.  Wandy has only been fighting basically once a year or two at most in the last several years so this doesn't affect his activity level at all either.

I don't think they'll get close to that. The Affliction shows did just under 100k and 150k and that was with a lot of advertising and at a time where ppvs were doing strong. Those cards had plenty of names on them as well. I don't see this show coming close to 100k.They should have just planned on losing money on this show in the name of increasing their audience. Spend a shit ton on advertising, like plaster this thing everywhere and charge less than $20 for it and hope the fights are exciting. People that don't follow MMA closely but recognize Tito and Rampage can probably justify spending $20 on this. Certainly more than $44.95 or whatever. And when they tune in they get to be pleasantly surprised by Alvarez/Chandler before the freak show fight they spent the money on.

I think Bellator's PPV gets 20k at most.

Dana two days ago: "We have too many f'n fighters."

I would imagine that at least 3 or 4 guys are getting their walking papers for losing at UFC 166. Pague is definitely getting cut. Once Machida vs. Munoz is done with, another round of cuts should be happening.

When you're one of the few fighters from a country that they desperately want to hold events in you tend to get a bit more slack then a guy from USA and Brazil where they have multiple guys to take your place. In addition to "putting on exciting fights" that's also a reason that Dan Hardy got more chances to rebound then someone else in his same position would have.

MMAFighting.com @MMAFighting 6m

White on Fox Sports live: In 2014 we'll do 13 PPVs, 4 events on UFC on FOX, 14 events on FOX Sports 1 and 4 events on FOX Sports 2

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani 5m

UFC on FOX 10 will take place on 1/25 at the United Center in Chicago. UFC 170 will take place 2/22 at Mandalay Bay in Vegas.

The RampageForReal show after TNA Impact to hype the fight against Tito is almost as big a joke as the fight. It is like Rampage realizes his reputation of being a lazy trainer and is making the most of it showing all of this partying and non training stuff while his "coaches" are getting more and more pissed about it. 

Yeah. It's not the popular opinion, i just think they put on too many events.

I agree with this.  Zuffa has embraced a "quantity over quality" policy with their product and it is actually hurting it a lot now.  You know something is wrong when I'm don't recognize 5-6 guys on a card.  

• Like 3

Yeah. It's not the popular opinion, i just think they put on too many events.

I agree with this.  Zuffa has embraced a "quantity over quality" policy with their product and it is actually hurting it a lot now.  You know something is wrong when I'm don't recognize 5-6 guys on a card.  

I'm with both of you and WholeFnMachine.