DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

He was a fascist and a racist, not sure if he bit anyone.

Even leaving aside that Wright's allegations weren't proven, I'm not so sure fascism is worse then the predilection for biting people. I mean in a head of state, sure, I'll concede a democratic biter is probably a better option than a fascist who can control his infantile impulses, but a footballer's ability to enforce authoritarian nationalist sentiment is pretty thin, wouldn't you say?

Fair point, but I would suggest the amount of terrible things done by fascists vs biters is pretty high. Schmeichel would have voted for Hitler, Suarez would have bitten a German.

I'm not actually familiar with Suarez's political leanings, but so far he's bitten a Dutchman and a Serb. He's yet to bite anyone from an Axis-allied nation.

So by some kind of mathematical equation type thing, it follows that if Özil makes fifteen amazing passes per match, and the Arsenal forwards only fuck up thirteen of them...they'll probably do alright...right?

I'll take those odds. It's like on FM, you come up with a great tactic and create 40 chances per game. The thing is the AI has to balance it out so that the score isn't 35-0. As so it makes all your strikers with great composure and finishing turn into Emile Heskey. Or maybe they should've just taken their fucking chances yesterday.

So, based on his own player Ashley Young getting away with yet another dive...David Moyes wants video retroactive punishment for diving.  What?Also, how does Ashley Young make it into Man U's starting 11, let alone the England squad?  Both Kagawa or Nani can play on the left, and either of those options are easily better.  Is it because he cost a lot of money and is English?

So, based on his own player Ashley Young getting away with yet another dive...David Moyes wants video retroactive punishment for diving.  What?Also, how does Ashley Young make it into Man U's starting 11, let alone the England squad?  Both Kagawa or Nani can play on the left, and either of those options are easily better.  Is it because he cost a lot of money and is English?

Better or worse signing - Young or Downing?

Better or worse signing - Young or Downing?

That's a pretty even match.  Neither comes close to Carroll, though.