DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

So if we are talking about Man Utd, this is an opinion I've had for a while but never really expressed it.  Why do they think that Phil Jones is a right-back?  He's a great athlete at CB, but I don't think he has what it takes to play FB at a top-class team.  He can go forward, but he doesn't have the speed to get at an opposing full-back and he has the same problems with athleticism defensively.  I don't see other teams of their calibre using a player like that at FB.

He's getting played that way because there aren't any other options at RB right now with Smalling and Rafael not at 100%.  They could use Fabio who can play the right, but he's much better on the left, and might be a wash with Jones..  So, they use Jones out of necessity.  

Or, judging by his penchant for using the HMS Ashley Young until everyone was screaming for him to put in Kagawa, Moyes can't select teams for shit.

Pretty much, yeah.  They've just relied on Smalling for the past couple years.  There's a couple decent kids in the system, but they're either on loan, or still way to young to be getting Senior Team time (outside of Cups vs. minnows).  

No talk about how Suarez has seemlessly picked up where he left off last season?

I assumed everyone would be champing at the bit to talk about him

Posted Image

Pete's a Bronie?