DVDVR Message Board

September 2013 Football Thread.

The Natural

So everything is on Fox Sports tomorrow except Arsenal?

UEFA Champions LeagueGroup Play, Matchday 1Barcelona vs. Ajax -- Fox Sports 1, 2:30 p.m.Chelsea vs. Basel -- Fox Sports 2, 2:30 p.m.Marseille vs. Arsenal -- Fox Soccer Plus, 2:30 p.m.Milan vs. Celtic -- Fox Sports Net, 2:30 p.m.

UEFA Champions League Pregame -- Fox Sports 1/Fox Sports 2/Fox Sports Net/Fox Soccer Plus, 2 p.m.UEFA Champions League Highlights -- Fox Sports 2, midnight

Guest The Magnificent 7

Well that was a kick in the nuts. 

Every time we play Milan it's a kick in the goolies.  Gilardino's dive.  Kaka ripping the hearts out in extra time.  And then today, where Celtic were really comfortable throughout (so comfortable at one point would have been disappointed with just a point) and a few seconds after hitting the bar losing one to a deflection.  Then another from a stupid foul away from the ball. 

At least we have an easy match next against...hey wait a minute.

WTF is going on with international football tournaments? If Qatar can't host the World Cup in it's usual June-July slot then they should never have been given the tournament in the first place. Did they state this when they bid for it? The world cup in winter is a completely fucking stupid idea.

And don't even get me started on Euro 2020 being held in thirteen cities in thirteen countries. Another fucking idiotic idea.

WTF is going on with international football tournaments? If Qatar can't host the World Cup in it's usual June-July slot then they should never have been given the tournament in the first place. Did they state this when they bid for it? The world cup in winter is a completely fucking stupid idea.

And don't even get me started on Euro 2020 being held in thirteen cities in thirteen countries. Another fucking idiotic idea.

Well, to be fair, I don't think FIFA ever explicitly said that the World Cup had to be held in the summertime.  But giving it to Qatar was still a bad idea.

Euro 2020?  I'm actually interested to see how that concept works out.  It intrigues me.

Brendan Rodgers' experiment of playing 4 center-backs is not working.  Without Coutinho on the field they are less dynamic and taking the fullbacks off the field makes them less so.  Toure is fine, but Sakho shouldn't be playing there.