DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

BTW - if you are trying not to learn who the surprise is - you are going to be pretty much boned since it doesn't air till March 2 and folks like Meltzer have the news up on the main page too (in the headline)

Man - after this week they are going to be taped all the way through Mania.

That is TNA-esqe

I feel like there has to be a reason why they'd have so many in the can.  I'm wondering if something comes out of the Rumble that keeps at least a few of them doing main roster stuff through Mania.

Or you know.  NXT Takeover matches are only good because they have months to practice them!!!  Or some nonsense like that.

Didn't read the spoilers so I don't know what happened with all the storylines, but I'm thinking that CSC is right in that a few guys are getting called up before Mania and this is their way of having those who have been called up to still pull "double duty" and appear on both shows until after Mania. I think both Sami Zayn and Finn Balor will be up on the main roster before Mania and will be in matches on Mania itself as well.

BTW - if you are trying not to learn who the surprise is - you are going to be pretty much boned since it doesn't air till March 2 and folks like Meltzer have the news up on the main page too (in the headline)

Man - after this week they are going to be taped all the way through Mania.

That is TNA-esqe

I feel like there has to be a reason why they'd have so many in the can.  I'm wondering if something comes out of the Rumble that keeps at least a few of them doing main roster stuff through Mania.

Or you know.  NXT Takeover matches are only good because they have months to practice them!!!  Or some nonsense like that.

You know this is like....acknowledged by the wrestlers, right? Nattie has done interviews talking about how she and Charlotte worked on their match for 2 months to make sure it was perfect. It's not like I'm making up some weird "NXT SUX" thing here. It's why talent with little experience can look great on NXT and like they need 3 more years of training on Raw. It's not a slight against them. It's a benefit awarded to NXT talent that I'm sure they're very appreciative of.

And the counter to that is NXT weren't touring outside of Florida until fairly recently, which meant people were at the PC every day getting to work on stuff. Which obviously benefits all involved, until they get called up and have to fill 12 minutes with no warning. Charlotte, the one with the least experience, suffered the worst from getting called up. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Well I was more specifically talking about the women matches to begin with. And speaking of, Bayley as the fighting champion seems shortsighted when there are only about 9 women in NXT, most of them with even less experience than Bayley. She's already gone through everyone besides Asuka. What does she have left to do if she beats Asuka?

Well I was more specifically talking about the women matches to begin with. And speaking of, Bayley as the fighting champion seems shortsighted when there are only about 9 women in NXT, most of them with even less experience than Bayley. She's already gone through everyone besides Asuka. What does she have left to do if she beats Asuka?

Bayley is dropping the belt to Asuka, Eva, or Nia. Its not even a question. She likely won't make it past the next Takeover as champ

Does everything have to be a "We hate Stro" bitchfest? If he is too blunt for you, hit the ignore button, fuckers.

And I reiterate, Full Sail plays along more than most contemporary U.S. crowds.

And why exactly are we supposed to boo something that we actually deem entertaining? Just because they're a heel and we're supposed to fall in line with the narrative of the show and characters? no thanks.

Bayley doing some heelish to her biggest fan (who is a child) will get booed by the Full Sail crowd. This is the weirdest argument.