DVDVR Message Board

2016 NXT GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Bayley beat Carmellea.

Nia Jax and Eve Torres beat Bayley and Carmella.

Gable and Jordan beat Blake and Murphy.

Enzo, Cass, Jordan and Gable beat Blake, Murphy and the tag champs who's names I'm forgetting.

Asuka beat someone.

Alexa Bliss beat Cameron.

Joe vs. Zayn ended in a double pin draw. 2 out of 3 falls rematch set for Wednesday at Full Sail University.

Thomasso Ciampa beat Bull Dempsey.

The Hype Bros beat someone unannounced.

Emma beat Santana.

Balor beat Neville -- fun stuff, they didn't go to overkill territory.

Bayley beat Carmellea.

Nia Jax and Eve Torres beat Bayley and Carmella.

Gable and Jordan beat Blake and Murphy.

Enzo, Cass, Jordan and Gable beat Blake, Murphy and the tag champs who's names I'm forgetting.

Asuka beat someone.

Alexa Bliss beat Cameron.

Joe vs. Zayn ended in a double pin draw. 2 out of 3 falls rematch set for Wednesday at Full Sail University.

Thomasso Ciampa beat Bull Dempsey.

The Hype Bros beat someone unannounced.

Emma beat Santana.

Balor beat Neville -- fun stuff, they didn't go to overkill territory.

Probably not Eve Torres.....

• Like 2

Corbin's "I hate indie shitheads" gimmick is the best.

Eh. I've watched Corbin's matches and see the progress he's made from working with Rhyno and Joe, but he just doesn't do anything for me. If I didn't like his opponents, I'd probably skip his stuff entirely.

You can technically buy 2 3rd row floor seat tickets right now

It's weird though - all the $30 seats sold out but there are still at the other prices (but ticketmaster does a hideous layout so it could be like two random tickets here and there)

EDIT - I am bored already with the snow so I kept clicking around. You can't anything above 2 seats together (ie: if you wanted 3 or 4 seats together - those no longer exist anywhere)

The show was far from a sell out. I would say about 4-5 thousand maybe. Lot of sections were tarped but I think it will look good on TV.

No spoilers except the pop Bayley got for her title match with Carmella was amazing. Easily the biggest pop of the night and it almost gives me hope of what she can do on the main roster.

I think he's been pretty rad since the match with Joe. I'm all aboard the Corbin Train.

I don't agree with you on much, but yeah, the more I watch Breaking Ground, the more I feel Corbin isn't "playing a character."  He's a great asshole because apparently he really is an asshole. 

That being said, nobody would have a clue what to do with him on the main roster.

You don't have to spoilerize the signing since the WWE is doing it's best to tell everyone who it is. (And that episode won't air for almost a month)

Plus Dolfan sure wasn't afraid to be all HERE IT IS

And - again - I was right.

Anyway - I will make threads for the shows when I dig my way back inside after walking the dog

• Like 1

BTW - if you are trying not to learn who the surprise is - you are going to be pretty much boned since it doesn't air till March 2 and folks like Meltzer have the news up on the main page too (in the headline)

Man - after this week they are going to be taped all the way through Mania.

That is TNA-esqe

Nice Aries having a feud too - Baron Corbin being all 'fuck you little shmindy guy' is awesome. Look foward to seeing him on the wrong end of the brainbuster.

Side question: who else from developmental has a non-indy background but is readyish for (featuring on) TV? American Alpha don't quite count. Knox? Tino? Knight?

Knox and Knight might be the pick, if you wanted to give Corbin some friends.

Aries got a huge pop. I mean huge. Bayley and Balor level pop. Seems like everyone there knew who was just fine. I won't spoil the segment, but it was amazing. Corbin is awesome.

Not sure this is a spoiler or not, but...

Elias Samson is so boring. I took a piss break during his first match and the majority of the crowd took his second match as an intermission.

Aries got a huge pop. I mean huge. Bayley and Balor level pop. Seems like everyone there knew who was just fine. I won't spoil the segment, but it was amazing. Corbin is awesome.

Well of course they knew him. The NXT crowd is 75% former Impact Zone people.

Samson is either some deliberately dull meta-heel, or he can't be long for this universe. Stuff like the huge delay in him hitting the top rope elbow on Dempsey in his 'debut' makes me not entirely sure it's not the former, but I might just be overanalysing his general crappiness.