DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL Preseason

Dolfan in NYC

The East will be a strong division except for Philly.  

False: it will suck.

Seeing the pictures of all five Eagles QBs doing throwing motions had the same effect on me as hearing the Anonymous GM's Mac noise on that RAW leading up to Money in the Bank last year; made me walk away and not even glance in its direction for a year.

But the best dude was on twitter, some old timer had a hat, t-shirt and jacket on, one from each of the NFC East teams that aren't Philly. Division just breeds retards I guess.

How long have you seen me post? You are only figuring this out now?

It was a Reddit post initially and even the Bills fans over there were calling bullshit.

Also, this:

Posted Image

He's the poor man's Ryan Fitzpatrick

WOW  Lets not say things we can't take back. . .

How do you feel about the fact that your team will lose to a shittier version of Ryan Fitzpatrick at least one time?

Listen I know you guys are having fun with the comparison, but Shitzpatrick can't be judged by numbers alone. He would have one game where he looked like a hall of famer, one where he was competent and two or three where he was the shit monster from Dogma. Add into the mix that he would throw a game away on a third and three from the opponents 45, and he would throw a pick six with 45 seconds left. . . lets just say he much worse than Romo or Cutler. . THINK ABOUT THAT, and weep a little for the Bills fans, please

I feel like people that shit on Romo are boxscore Dickheads, who are like LOL ROMO THREW A PICK without ever seeing the play. Every time I see him play I'm constantly surprised at how much he's able to do with so little in front of him. Take Romo out of the Cowboys and you have the Cardinals or worse.

I feel like people that shit on Romo are boxscore Dickheads, who are like LOL ROMO THREW A PICK without ever seeing the play. Every time I see him play I'm constantly surprised at how much he's able to do with so little in front of him. Take Romo out of the Cowboys and you have the Cardinals or worse.

Romo's cumulative numbers over his career are actually quite good.  It tends to be the opposite.  His stat lines taken in a vacuum paint the picture or a guy on the border between really good and great, while for most fans, he massively fails the "eyeball test."

I've seen several posts around here mocking the Falcons' extension w Matt Ryan, and I understand why fans of other teams might think it's mildly silly to give that much money to a guy with one playoff win, but as a Falcons fan, I understand and support the decision. Contextually, you have to look at where the Falcons were before Ryan was drafted. Petrino (FUCK bobby petrino) had just bailed on us, Mike Vick was rotting in prison, and there was not much hope for this franchise. Since then, Matt Ryan has posted five consecutive winning seasons for a team that had never even had two in a row. I get why some people hate it, but he has any many playoff wins as Tony Romo, and people were just extoling his virtues a couple posts above this one...

And the next crippling early training camp injury goes to...*spins wheel*...Jeremy Maclin, who may have torn ACL & MCL in right knee.

Let's just call this season a wash, huh?

Cutler > Romo.

Also, for all you dickheads who are taking that Fitzpatrick post way out of context.  Look up Cutler's 4th quarter stats with the Bears in relation to Fitzpatrick.  Also, use common sense and understand that those similar stats have been accumulated under completely different circumstances.  Look at the Win %.  Cutler spends more time playing with the lead, while Fitz was constantly padding his stats (obviously not Matt Stafford levels of stat padding, but close) in the 4th quarter trying to make a desperate comeback.  Look at all of those 4th Q interceptions. 

Or.. you know, ignore stats completely and check youtube for clips of Fitz throwing 3 yards short of his receivers. There is probably a compilation out there that is 12 hours long.

EDIT:  WOOO! I'm ready for football!!!

• Like 1

Today has been a brutal day for injuries

Besides the Maclin injury

Daniel Pitta of the Ravens dislocated his hip

And an unidentified member of the Browns went down and was down for 5+ minutes before being carted off. Name being withheld until the family is notified. Player is awake and alert at hospital

Take Romo out of the Cowboys and you have the Cardinals or worse.

If you replace Romo with Mark Sanchez, are the Cowboys worse?

Dude, don't even joke like that.