DVDVR Message Board

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs VII

Dolfan in NYC

Oh, I fully meant to bring this up last night.

1. So, yeah; Reigns' "Superman punch with a chair" is still a chairshot to the head. Semi-protected.

2. Bubba Ray had two moments in that tables match where he had a trash can raised for a high head shot, remembered "oh yeah TBI," then brought the can down to gingerly tap the opponent in the tummy, hoo hoo!

If a "bounty" is too wrasslin, have stephanie call it a "performance incentive." then you get a little extra heat for being all "brand sensitive" in the middle of a blood feud. Be honest about it, too. Have her say "Kay Jewelers wouldn't like it if we called it a bounty, so we're just giving someone an opportunity to 'raise their profile.'". 

I almost think Lesnar should just issue an open challenge for Mania. Have Heyman say they wanted Austin, but since he was too scared to fight Lesnar, have someone come out of the back. the guy tho answers will get a huge pop automatically.

Last night was not in the slightest enjoyable, so instead, I'm looking forward to how we can avoid the inevitable heading into Mania. With the strap on Sheamus, I feel we're in a corner here, but how would we feel about:

~FANTASYBOOKINGALERT!

HHH is off-TV, injured. Steph, wants revenge and calls for Brock Lesnar to come to the ring. She wants Lesnar to deal with Reigns. Lesnar smiles it off, because he's a cold killing machine but Heyman, as advocate, agrees to Steph's demand, on one condition. His client gets a title shot at Rumble. Sure, Sheamus was one of them, but revenge is more important. She agrees to Heyman's demands.

Lesnar faces Sheamus for the title at the Rumble and goes over. He's leaving the arena when Steph questions where he and Heyman are going. Roman Reigns is going to enter the Rumble and they had a deal. With the title in hand, they have the bargaining power now and tell her they've decide to end their deal, leaving Steph in the lurch.

To the Rumble and Reigns is on a tear after entering at #1. Triple H is back on TV now but still selling the injury and with Lesnar on the outs, has to take matters into his own hands, defying medical advice, and enters the Rumble himself to eliminate Reigns.

He either dumps Reigns out, acts all smug before we get the countdown to #30, or he's close to eliminating him and we get the countdown to #30 before, Daniel Bryan walks out, the building fucking expodes, Haitch shakes his head in disbelief, and we get Brock fucking Lesnar vs Daniel fucking Bryan for the Title at Mania. Praise be to God.

• Like 1

sarcasticlaugh.gif

The other option is Reigns wins the title? Damnit! I forgot Vince books this damn thing. *sobs*

Vince does not have the book anymore.  It is pretty clear it is in the hands of HHH and Steph.  

The MITB winner and WWE champ is HHH's best friend.

Triple H controls NXT, Vince controls the main roster. I have no idea where you got the idea that Vince isn't the end all, be all for creative on RAW, SD and PPVs. If that was the case, it'd be huge news and all over the dirtsheets and people would be talking about it non-stop.

I know he's trolling, but as an aside, hasn't the whole "HHH/Sheamus BFF's" thing been known as massively overblown for a long time now?

It doesn't matter, people like hating on Sheamus and calling him HHH's workout buddy way too much to actually care about facts.

Last night was not in the slightest enjoyable, so instead, I'm looking forward to how we can avoid the inevitable heading into Mania. With the strap on Sheamus, I feel we're in a corner here, but how would we feel about:

~FANTASYBOOKINGALERT!

HHH is off-TV, injured. Steph, wants revenge and calls for Brock Lesnar to come to the ring. She wants Lesnar to deal with Reigns. Lesnar smiles it off, because he's a cold killing machine but Heyman, as advocate, agrees to Steph's demand, on one condition. His client gets a title shot at Rumble. Sure, Sheamus was one of them, but revenge is more important. She agrees to Heyman's demands.

Lesnar faces Sheamus for the title at the Rumble and goes over. He's leaving the arena when Steph questions where he and Heyman are going. Roman Reigns is going to enter the Rumble and they had a deal. With the title in hand, they have the bargaining power now and tell her they've decide to end their deal, leaving Steph in the lurch.

To the Rumble and Reigns is on a tear after entering at #1. Triple H is back on TV now but still selling the injury and with Lesnar on the outs, has to take matters into his own hands, defying medical advice, and enters the Rumble himself to eliminate Reigns.

He either dumps Reigns out, acts all smug before we get the countdown to #30, or he's close to eliminating him and we get the countdown to #30 before, Daniel Bryan walks out, the building fucking expodes, Haitch shakes his head in disbelief, and we get Brock fucking Lesnar vs Daniel fucking Bryan for the Title at Mania. Praise be to God.

.........yeahhhhh, you should leave.

• Like 1

http://www.inquisitr.com/1320948/wwe-news-vince-mcmahon-character-officially-retired-from-wwe-programming

The last two WWE champions have been friends of HHH.

The booking style is nowhere near what Vince used to do 10-20 years ago.  In the old days when Vince needed a superstar he pushed guys to the moon and whoever stuck he kept in that role?  

Vince knew that a good heel always got their comeuppance.  How many times has The Authority gone over faces or inserted themselves into something hot?  

Remember Steph inserting herself into the Diva's Revolution?  Vince would have let that run.

You cannot say that HHH is not heavily involved in the main roster when he is the primary character on every show.  Everyone knows Sheamus is HHH's buddy.  There is no way Vince would have tossed Sheamus into a top of the card role when they needed a new main event face.  Sheamus was literally the worst possible choice for a MITB winner.  

HHH is called The Game for a reason.  He was better at backstage politics than anyone in the Attitude Era.  Unfortunately, when handed the book he has no idea how to manage something at this level.  NXT is easy, it is one hour of television per week.

Even during The Corporation storyline Vince knew that the purpose was to put other guys over.  Vince never let his ego get in the way of getting someone over.

Leaving aside the fact that the article headline is "Vince McMahon character officially retired..." -- did you see the part where the article says

"Vince is still present at all TV tapings as he helps to run the show." Indeed, the very next sentence makes it clear that the character was retired so that he could run the show.

Of course, I don't know what relevance or credibility a year-plus old article on Inquisitr.com has. For all I know, Vince McMahon is busy trying to launch a hybrid bodybuilding/football promotion and has put Aurora in charge.

"That is what you *want* and dammit you'll like it!" - Vince McMahon

It's really crazy, especially when you compare it to an actual sport, like football. Bill Belichick will draft a guy in the first round with the same gleam in his eyes that Vince McMahon has for Roman Reigns (or Triple H with Sheamus), but if that guy goes out and drops passes, misses tackles, blows blocking assignments or gets lost in coverage, he's going to get benched and/or cut. Belichick isn't going to keep trotting out a guy who keeps losing games for his team because "goddammit he's my guy!" - he's just going to find another "guy" and rinse and repeat until he finds someone who gets the job done.

• Like 1

.........yeahhhhh, you should leave.

38 years old & telling people to leave a wrestling message board? Jesus. Go make love to a female (not your mother or sister) and fucking lighten up.

lol, you'd be surprised how much he's actually of a similar mind to you.

Just read this rather bizarre quote on Jim Ross's blog...

The opening TLC match was excellent especially for three teams that aren't exactly red hot, over 

In what world are New Day not over? I like JR, but maybe he needs to rethink these things before he publishes them. 

Someone called JR out on that and his explanation was something like "Well they could never headline a card" or something like that.

Dammit - I am going to have to look it up.

And someone of you need to settle down... again

EDIT

SHORTY

‏@ShortyHannan SHORTY Retweeted Jim Ross
"No one over" WHAT? The whole arena was screaming for New Day AND Lucha Dragons 

Jim RossVerified account

‏@JRsBBQ Jim Ross Retweeted SHORTY
Put them on top & see how ticket sales go? Can they be better? Of course but they're not over yet. Hope the arrive