DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

For sure.  Everyone was calling for the amnesty after his horrible performance against the Heat in the ECF, but I feel like he has earned respect in the two seasons since then.  The Bulls need his offense too much to amnesty him before they absolutely have to.  

Next year is going to be a wild off season.

Speaking of which, it's been leaked that the Lakers will be pursuing their own big 3 by bringing in both LeBron and Melo next offseason.

Tampering issues aside (and I'm sure the Commissioner will have something to say about that)...   lol

Lebron will have to be convinced that:  

1) Leaving a team that's won 2 (or 3) out of the last 4 championships...

2) Playing with 40 year old Steve Nash and surly Kobe Bryant (who's never played in a situation where he's 2nd fiddle)...

3) Playing with Carmelo who will not pass - EVER...

4) Reliving 2011 on a team that will have to literally be built from scratch...

... is better than staying in Miami (OR going to Broadway, OR going home).

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I'd be hard pressed to see Lebron walking away.  Especially if he's got his 3rd ring in a row.

Other than the Olympics, I can't even imagine how a team of Carmelo and Lebron would even function. I just can't fathom it and that's before you add Kobe to the mix. That sounds like the worst mix of superstar personalities possible.

That's really the key.  You can't break up the chance to win 4+ in a row, but if Indy or Chicago or someone can step up this season then all bets are off.

I would love to see LBJ go somewhere unexpected.

After a lot of thought, I've that I'm going to take my talents to. . . .

. . . .the Tarheel State, and join the Charlotte Bobcats/Hornets.

INTERNET MELTDOWN!

Of course, most would demand to know how many times Jordan burned LeBron with his ever-present cigar to convince him to make the move.  And don't think Jordan wouldn't stoop to that.

The Lakers pursing Melo and Lebron is such a "we don't have anything left to talk about this offseason" story.  Of course, they're interested...so is every team with enough cap space.

Bulls fans have grown to respect Boozer in the past two seasons?  Nice try, Jrag, but I've been to a Bulls fan site a time or two.  I know you're trying to up his trade value. 

We overpaid, which is obviously a big reason, but the Boozer hate train really amped up when we got this wild idea that Taj Gibson would develop offensively.  Thing is, Taj is sneaky old.  He is about as developed as he is ever going to get.  The equally ridiculous talking point (one that I am guilty of), was that Taj could maintain his level of play with an increased workload.  There is really no evidence pointing towards that being the case.  Locking up Taj over Asik is looking like a worse move than overpaying for Boozer.

Edit: Other reasons people hate Boozer: Fake hairline, has annoying heat fan kids, injured suspiciously right when he signed the contract etc etc etc.  

Still, I'm on the Booze Cruise until next year because who the fuck else is going to score.

The Bulls fans who still hate on Boozer are the same people who think Da Bears should get rid of Jay Cutler because his face looks whiny.

There so many other reasons than that to want to get rid of Cutler. . .

Off topic, but I can't let that slide!  Cutler is the best QB in Bears history, so... there really aren't any good reasons.

It might be a sad thing to say, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Off topic, but I can't let that slide!  Cutler is the best QB in Bears history, so... there really aren't any good reasons.

It might be a sad thing to say, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Fans always want an upgrade, and given his struggles its only natural. You are right,  I think, not being a  Bears historian. Having said that wanting to get rid of him and being able to upgrade are two very different things. . .