DVDVR Message Board

2013 NBA Offseason

Dolfan in NYC

OR D) Grease the right politicians hands and trust incompetent and/or corrupt union officials and city & state politicians to keep bickering endlessly until 2023, when they'll kick the can down the road for another 10+ years.    

Much in the same way how the World Trade Center still isn't done 12 years after everything happened.

Lakers could be leading the way to Tankapolooza by the first week of season if Kobe's out and I'm assuming he's going to be out at least November. First 3 games of the season are opening night against the Clips, next night Warriors and 3rd game San Antonio. Nov. 7th they play @ Houston.

Will never hear the end of it if the Lakers win the number one pick. By that I mean the lottery being rigged. You would figure with how much money a star can add to a franchise's value that owners would make sure the process is on the level. Not sure why people think they would just go along with whatever the commissioner wants. Though I have joked about it too never really bought it being rigged.

The NBA is still trying to push this Lakers/Heat "rivalry" with another Christmas game between the two?

I'm sure ESPN wants to push this "Lebron to the Lakers" storyline, but we all know there are better matchup options.  Heat/Spurs and Heat/Thunder come to mind.  Hell, even Heat/Knicks if they want a big market team in there.

Lame.

Edited by _MJ_

Will never hear the end of it if the Lakers win the number one pick. By that I mean the lottery being rigged. You would figure with how much money a star can add to a franchise's value that owners would make sure the process is on the level. Not sure why people think they would just go along with whatever the commissioner wants. Though I have joked about it too never really bought it being rigged.

But if your an owner and you go along and don't rock the boat when your teams in need of that star player or such maybe just maybe the rig will go your way. See Cavs, Cleveland

The Thunder re-signed Derek Fisher for... some reason.  

Well he has to have some place to bitch his way of so he can go to LA midseason. . though the Clippers might not want him ike the Lakers did.

• Like 1

So there are three options for the Knicks A) move out of NY* (not likely) B) Play at Barclays (less likely) C) Sham the citizens of NYC into building a new MSG for them.* Here come the Seattle Knicks

Love to see Dolan have the balls to try that, if only for the EPIC bitching that woud take place, and see Spike Lee drown from his own tears. . .LOL

The NBA is still trying to push this Lakers/Heat "rivalry" with another Christmas game between the two?

I'm sure ESPN wants to push this "Lebron to the Lakers" storyline, but we all know there are better matchup options.  Heat/Spurs and Heat/Thunder come to mind.  Hell, even Heat/Knicks if want a big market team in there.

Lame.

I really thought they were going to put Houston-LA on Christmas day, just so they could have the "Dwight returning to LA as a Rocket" storyline. I would think that while, Kobe still being questionable to play, that would carry a little more weight than Lakers/Heat.  They'll have the entire season to push the "Lebron to the Lakers" storyline, which ESPN is going to do at a nauseating rate.

Give us LA fans a chance to throw our Wetzel Dogs at Dwight Howard! :)

I understand putting the Lakers on TV for Christmas, with them being in the #2 American media market and all, but to waste one of Miami's TV appearances in a game like that is silly. Lakers/Warriors would make more sense, but I'm guessing the Clippers have the late PM/Pacific Time game, meaning the Lakers need to play mid-afternoon.  What are the Bucks doing on December 25? :P

Yeah, if he's really ahead of schedule, I can see Kobe coming back--AND IT WILL BE A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE! (throws paper snowflakes in the air)

It'd be pretty funny if LeBron turned Scrooge/Grinch to Kobe's Tiny Tim Cratchit/Cindy Lou Who and stole his crutch/candy cane. :lol:

This is just too perfect.  Bobcats are playing the Mavs RIGHT HERE in Greensboro in the preseason this year.  Beyond excited.  My first NBA game, and I get to see my boys on top of that, 5 minutes away from my house.

Didn't the Pacers have little offense off the bench last season? I like that move for them. Rest of Pacers team can cover up for Scola's defensive liability. Suns getting closer to sealing their spot in the top 3 in the 2014 draft. 

The Pacers are stacked with Scola. Their weak bench kept them from sneaking into the Finals last season. They know have Scola and Danny Granger coming off the bench. They might go from having a terrible bench to one of the best set of reserves in the league. Vogel's a fantastic coach and I think he'll make it work. The Pacers are built to drive Miami nuts.My favorite off-season rumor: Delonte West to Memphis. I really want this to happen so Memphis' roster of maniacs and cast-offs who gel together perfectly continues.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Yeah, that Pacers front line is now probably the best in the league.  Teams in the east like the Knicks and Heat will have fits trying to deal with West, Hibbert, and Scola throughout a game.  I've always liked Scola and we Spurs fans have generally wished we never got rid. 

Dallas about to acquire Dejuan Blair.  I think this is a hell of a bargain signing.  Paying him vet minimum, and will get get good production.

Also, looks like Bucks and Pistons working out a deal for Brandon Knight and Brandon Jennings.  Possibly taking place in Brandon, MS(it's not).

I've been trying hard to be optimistic about this Bucks team, but they are pretty clearly just throwing shit at the wall now.  They do have a lot of shooting so that's something.