DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

What's happening in the West isn't due to age. With Memphis and Dallas, you can make that argument. That doesn't explain what happened to Houston, the Clippers, or New Orleans. Houston had some injuries and what looked like a surefire upgrade (Lawson) turned into a disaster. New Orleans was injured and besides Davis, everyone else regressed. Only one player on that team has played longer than ten years (Perkins). The Clippers, on paper, looked like  they upgraded their bench. As I saw on Friday, same old shit. Lean on the starters, pray the bench makes some shots. We know what happened to Portland :). San Antonio is older than dirt but has the 2nd best record in the league. 

The Clippers problems could be solved by Doc staggering his star's minutes, but he is not a huge fan of that concept.  At least his bench is better than Billy Donovan's bench, who is somehow almost as bad about staggering minutes with the most top heavy lineup in the league.  

CWmqqMCUsAAsbYF.png

.http://newsok.com/okc-thunder-should-billy-donovan-better-stagger-bench-time-for-russell-westbrook-and-kevin-durant/article/5467773

The Paul George vs. Kawhi Leonard matchup didn't go well for Paul George. 

Kawhi Leonard: 24 points... 10-19 FG.... 3 steals

Paul George: 7 points.... 1-14 FG... 6 TOs

Kawhi was on George like glue for most of the game. Despite his woes, the Pacers kept it close until the 4th quarter where they were overwhelmed. 

• Like 1

Kobe Bryant being on the only team to lose to the Sixers this season would be one hell of a way to end his career, and that's a very real possibility. The Westchester Knicks would beat the Sixers, probably by double figures.

Speaking of the W-Knicks I got a 6 game holliday plan for $92 that included a replica Langston Gallaway Knicks jersey (he is the first player to go from Westchester to the Knicks). Nice cheap entertainment. Quality is relatively decent (sure as hell better than the Sixers or Nets) and there really isn't a bad seat in the County Center. One thing I'd recommend is for the team to post league standings and have out of town scores of other games in the league. You need to get people invested in the outcome and those two things would help considerably. Knicks are comfortably in first but very few people there seemed aware of that (the fact that the local paper doesn't have them is more reason why the team should be proactive. It's also an example as to why said paper is dogshit). As for the team, one player who stands out is Jordan Crawford. Guy is 5-6 but is a tenacious pitbull on defense and can shoot and drive to the basket. Reminds me a lot of Mugsey Bogues in that you underestimate him at your peril. If some team looks past his size and gives him a chance I think he'll make it in the NBA.

Spurs run over the Wolves. They win by 25 and it would have been worse but the Wolves went to the line 25 times. Very uncharacteristic by the Spurs to allow that many free throws. Wiggins shot 2-11. KAT shot 4-12. It must suck to play the Spurs. 

Spurs run over the Wolves. They win by 25 and it would have been worse but the Wolves went to the line 25 times. Very uncharacteristic by the Spurs to allow that many free throws. Wiggins shot 2-11. KAT shot 4-12. It must suck to play the Spurs. 

I watched most of the first half of this game. It was stark seeing how hard it was for Minnesota to get anything resembling an open look before the final few seconds of the shot clock. That's just an absolutely draining way to play basketball. I so can't wait to see them against Golden State already.