DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I am going to a Sixers town hall meeting for STH's featuring Scott O'Neill. Anybody have any good questions to ask? Mine: when is the NBA going to return to the city of Philladelphia? Also: Can STH's at least get a discount on the Campos cheesesteaks in the arena?

I am going to a Sixers town hall meeting for STH's featuring Scott O'Neill. Anybody have any good questions to ask? Mine: when is the NBA going to return to the city of Philladelphia? Also: Can STH's at least get a discount on the Campos cheesesteaks in the arena?

Ask them if a terrorist attacked the team bus and killed all the players. So that they had to sign a team full of d-league players to replace them. Would we be able to tell the difference?

• Like 2

Holy shit, the Bucks. Shooting 60% at the half, 18/21 from the line, held GS to 6 fast break points. 

How are they not doing this to more teams?

Can't watch that game yet. After reading the first line, not knowing what is happening in the game, I was expecting the last line of this to read "how are the Warriors still winning?" 

It's a really good watch. I want the Bucks to be responsible for the Warriors' only three losses the entire season. 

I should mention that Kidd has the Bucks double teaming both Klay and Steph.

Edited by Oyaji

Holy shit, this Bucks/Warriors game is more like playoff hockey than a regular season basketball game. I can't remember seeing this much energy and attempts at steals in a regular season game. Some sloppiness for sure but great emotion.

Ohhhh, man. I had the Pistons game on at work. We were fucking busy and it was still captivating. Pistons made a statement with this one. Reggie came out in the fourth overtime and said "NO. WE'RE WINNING THIS GODDAMN GAME." KCP killed it,and Jimmy Butler was feeling it, too. Dre put up 33 and 21, and damn near closed out the game in one of those overtimes. Fucking awesome game in a season full of them.

• Like 1

Fowler, Jraq.... tell me that Pistons-Bulls match was a classic I have to watch. I saw the score and number of overtimes. It had to be amazing. 

I'm searching for a replay as we speak.  I was in Star Wars!

Of all the nights not to play DK.  I would have most definitely played Drummond against Pau and might have played Jimmy as well.

The box score looks really weird on the Bulls side.  No bench support at all and fucking Tony Snell would play 38 minutes and do absolutely nothing with it.  He has replaced Kirk Hinrich (who is playing great in a proper role this year) as my least favorite Bull by a mile.  Snell should contribute on length alone, but he just flat out vanishes for multiple game stretches.  Dude is an NBA player in name only for about 8 of every 10 games.

It's too bad Dunleavy is out because I'm assuming Snell would be completely out of the rotation if Mike was healthy.

Wait, weren't Bulls fans loathing Kirk and Dunleavy last season and Snell was the new hotness?

No. Snell has been consistently garbage. He had like a 3 game stretch when everyone was hurt last year that resulted in a few thibs style wins. Dunleavy is the glue that held us together last year and most hardcore bulls fans knew it. The Dunleavy outrage came from the outside because he went full Thugleavy in the Bucks series.

Kirk WAS awful last year, but has been one my favorite dudes this season. He went from playing 30+ minutes and trying to guard starting 2s to 15 minutes against back up pgs. Dude still has something let for that type of role and his 3p% is back up over 40%.

He definitely needed to play more considering Doug was in Thibs dog house. Im not exactly sold on Hoiberg yet, but even his mediocre rotations are better than what Thibs was throwing out there last year.

Jimmy played so much SF for Thibs. It's definitely an upgrade to have Doug or Snell out there allowing Jimmy to bully around the SGs.

Dunleavy really would make a world of difference right now though. That dude is a pro. Unfortunately he had some complications with his recovery and no one knows for sure when he will be back.

• Like 1

OK, I have 2 weeks off for Christmas vacation. A large chunk of this time will be spent watching basketball or keeping track. 

Here are some interesting games to look out for this week...

Monday...

Indiana Pacers @ San Antonio Spurs

OKC Thunder @ LA Clippers

Tuesday...

Detroit Pistons @ Miami Heat

Dallas Mavericks @ Toronto Raptors

Wednesday...

Boston Celtics @ Charlotte Hornets

Detroit Pistons @ Atlanta Hawks

Friday (Christmas) ...

Chicago Bulls @ OKC Thunder

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Golden State Warriors

San Antonio Spurs @ Houston Rockets (I only put this down because I am a Spurs fan. I know the schedule makers put this on Xmas because they expected a premiere matchup. Same thing with Miami vs. New Orleans. What a weird year)

Jimmy Butler called out Hoiberg after the game.  This is going to get interesting.

"I believe in the guys in this locker room, yes. But I also believe we probably have to be coached a lot harder at times. I’m sorry, I know Fred’s laid back guy, and I respect him for that, But when guys aren’t doing what they are supposed to do. You’ve got to get on guys. Myself included."

https://twitter.com/NickFriedell

I don't even know what to make of the Eastern Conference so far. I guess it's the result of being a bad conference for so long that everyone has young players and has built themselves up to being okay but not great?

On the flipside of that, everyone in the West is getting older.  Golden State are in that nice area where their young guys are meeting their potential.  Everyone else, from Memphis, to Dallas to San Antonio is getting older, simply from not having high draft picks for so long.