DVDVR Message Board

NBA 2015-16 - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

All star voting is up. Went with James, George, Drummond, Lowry, Butler in the East. Curry, Westbrook, Green, Leonard and Durant in the West. No real tough choices. Though I would have liked to have thrown Batum a vote. 

• Like 1

RiP john hot rod williams

My aunt is a social worker in Cleveland and Hot Rod is one of the people who always seemed to be at the events they put on for kids.  Daugherty and Price would show up from time to time, but Hot Rod was a guy who always made himself available to spend time with underprivileged kids in Cleveland.  He was a huge fan favorite, I'm sad to see him go.

• Like 1

I really hope Boston doesn't win this if for no other reason than the commentary has been so awful. Just whiny as fuck.

Between those clowns and Jack Edwards on ruins broadcasts Boston has some of the most godawful announcers in all of American sports. So happy GS won.

Every announce team is biased.  Good game.  Once Bradley fouled out Boston's defense took a huge step back and they couldn't find anyone to score a bucket. Isiah was awful most of the game. They need Smart back.

Also, this game proves that Stevens can only get so much out of these guys.  Ainge needs to pull the trigger on something soon.

Every announce team is biased.  Good game.  Once Bradley fouled out Boston's defense took a huge step back and they couldn't find anyone to score a bucket. Isiah was awful most of the game. They need Smart back.

Also, this game proves that Stevens can only get so much out of these guys.  Ainge needs to pull the trigger on something soon.

No other announce team comes close to that garbage. No analysis, not entertaining, even failed to bring the excitement in a game where your own team are about to knock off the undefeated defending champions going to double overtime - how is that even possible? Just constantly pissing and moaning about whether a clear foul was there to the point where I questioned if they actually understood the rules, or why the Celtics had such a poor run with it (which as a neutral fan, didn't seem to be a bias one way or another).

For the most part, I find most fly under the radar - I genuinely enjoy the Hornets team, everyone else is just there.

No other announce team comes close to that garbage. No analysis, not entertaining, even failed to bring the excitement in a game where your own team are about to knock off the undefeated defending champions going to double overtime - how is that even possible? Just constantly pissing and moaning about whether a clear foul was there to the point where I questioned if they actually understood the rules, or why the Celtics had such a poor run with it (which as a neutral fan, didn't seem to be a bias one way or another).

For the most part, I find most fly under the radar - I genuinely enjoy the Hornets team, everyone else is just there.

Watch a few Rockets games and get back to me.  I enjoy Toronto's team, as well as Charlotte, Dallas and the MSG team.  Those are the announce teams that seem to have the least amount of homerism.

Yeah - fair call - Rockets are definitely up there as well, although this season nowhere near as bad as last owing to them being fairly critical of Harden's defence, Clint Capela actually playing such minutes and to a lesser extent Howard's leadership.

The one Rockets game I watched all of (first game post-McHale sacking) they *did* get fucked by the refs often so was difficult to consider muting.

Stacey King is the absolute best.  He will spout out one of his 10 nicknames for a guy after some awesome play, but if the refs blow a call in the Bulls favor he will absolutely call them out.  Just the other night there was a bogus foul call on Boston when Rose was driving to the basket "What are these guys thinking!"

He will point out flaws and strengths in a completely unbiased way, while also being the best hype man in the league.  It's a balancing act and he is the master.

He also has a cool soundboard:

.http://www.nba.com/bulls/stacey-king-soundboard.html

• Like 1

I know Golden State is missing two starters but that felt like a playoff game last night. Boston is good and they don't have a huge amount on the roster now. If they get a star they are going to be a problem.

ESPN called las night's game Draymond's "opus." Best thing to happen to that team was Lee getting injured. Green is ridiculous.

Stacey King is the absolute best.  He will spout out one of his 10 nicknames for a guy after some awesome play, but if the refs blow a call in the Bulls favor he will absolutely call them out.  Just the other night there was a bogus foul call on Boston when Rose was driving to the basket "What are these guys thinking!"

He will point out flaws and strengths in a completely unbiased way, while also being the best hype man in the league.  It's a balancing act and he is the master.

He also has a cool soundboard:

.http://www.nba.com/bulls/stacey-king-soundboard.html

Good call on Stacey King.  I enjoy Bulls' broadcasts.  I fully judge a broadcast team by one criteria: Am I stuck with their broadcast if the game is on NBA TV?  If the game is on NBA TV, blacked out on League Pass, and I hate your announce team, I will 100% find an illegal stream to watch instead.

Yeah I'm not sure about Draymond's game last night.

All season I'd argue he's been their MVP - he sets shots up for that offence so well because he's so dangerous outside the paint himself, and teams are always confused as to whether to follow him out there.

On the other hand, I thought his game last night was so-so offensively. Epic defensively, but felt some of his shot selections (probably in no small part to Livingston being such a non-factor) could have cost them the game. To stay in the game on 5 fouls for so long and still contribute so smartly though was very impressive.

My All Star votes?

Kawhi

KD

Green

Curry

Lillard

George

Lebron

Drummond

Butler

Lowry

East sort of chose itself. Went with Lillard over Westbrook just for how much he's carried such an awful Trailblazers team on his back to relative averageness as opposed to Philly levels of mediocrity. Think Griffin gets the nod, but no idea over which of the 3 from that backcourt.

Well, the Warriors did shoot twice as many free throws as the Celtics and it wasn't because they were driving more than Boston was. They were simply getting more calls their way for a good portion of the game. That is to be expected though when one team has the reigning MVP and the other team is a collection of role players.

I wasn't going crazy over it but Tommy wasn't high when he was watching those replays.