DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: LUTHER REIGNS (Horshu)

RIPPA

He had that one PPV opener where Eddie beat him using a nightstick. He also had a PPV match against Undertaker.

That's all I've got stored in the memory banks. Angle's other henchman was the guy who had a really high dropkick and was seen as a bigger fuck-up than Randy Orton, right?  

I seem to recall Luther being a shockingly good promo. IIRC, Angle was feuding with Big Show, and Luther approached Show in the locker room to cut a promo. And he cut one that was probably 80-90 percent better than the rest of the roster.

Since this was WWE, he never spoke again.

I seem to recall Luther being a shockingly good promo. IIRC, Angle was feuding with Big Show, and Luther approached Show in the locker room to cut a promo. And he cut one that was probably 80-90 percent better than the rest of the roster.

Since this was WWE, he never spoke again.

Was this promo about being a tough guy in prison? That sounds like a thing I remember Reigns talking about. 

Luther Reigns is such a great ring name.  I have no idea why WWE hasn't pulled the trigger on Roman being Luther's nephew or something.

I really hated the Horshu thing.  How do I incorporate my pattern baldness into my gimmick?  OH, I KNOW~!

I always expected to hear some story about members of some chapter of Omega Psi Phi beating the shit out of him for using their step pose as his ring taunt pose.

02.jpg

YOU ARE NOT A Q-DAWG, YO~!

Luther Reigns is such a great ring name.

I disagree, for one reason: the last letter of his first name is the same as the first letter of his last name. My name does the exact same damn thing, and it's really annoying to say. Whenever you're speaking it out loud, you have to do some exaggerated articulation and put this obnoxious extra second of pausing in between the first and last name.

Luther Reigns is such a great ring name.  I have no idea why WWE hasn't pulled the trigger on Roman being Luther's nephew or something.

Because they pulled the trigger on Roman being related to the Rock

I would say that is the right call

Because they pulled the trigger on Roman being related to the Rock

I would say that is the right call

Also, see aforementioned lawsuit.