DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I've heard it's not worth it to purchase helicopters because you still have to pay for it to be dropped in and they often do it far away from you.

Bah.  There are olive cargo pants and black skate shoes in the game but no solid black leather jacket.  I cannot dress my guy up as Claude Speed in GTA Online.

One of the perks of the collector's edition was to make Claude one of your parents so your GTAO character would look like him.  I suspect we will see some sort of DLC down the road that will have outfits inspired by different GTA characters.

BTW there are supposed to be 30 new jobs is the Beach Bum pack as well.

Beach Bum Update list (spoilered for size)

Beach Bum Update

Beach Bum content comes via a free update as part of the latest automatic Title Update (1.06) to GTA Online alongside additional game tuning and fixes (outlined below)

Transport

- BF Bifta dune buggy*

- Canis Kalahari off-road truck*

- Bravado Paradise beach camper van*

- Speeder speedboat*

To access the vehicles visit southernsanandreassuperautos.com or docktease.com via the in-game website.

Weapons

- SNS Pistol*

- Broken Bottle*

*Also available in Grand Theft Auto V

Clothing

This update also features a wide array of new apparel - everything from casual canvas hats to tank tops, t-shirts, board shorts and bikinis in a wide range of styles and colors, plus new hairstyle and tattoo customization options.

Updated Playlists

Making Waves (4-4 players) - NEW

Beach Impediment (4-8 players) - NEW

Beaches Be Crazy (8-16 player) - NEW

Air Miles (4-8 players)

Coast to Coast (8-16 players)

Deserters (4-8 players)

Four Play (4-4 players)

Heavy Duty (8-8 players)

See the Sights (4-8 players)

Urban Chaos (4-8 players)

Venture Off Road (1-8 players)

New Jobs

In conjunction with the Beach Bum update, we're also adding 30 new Jobs to GTA Online via Rockstar Games Social Club cloud services. This includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings and Gang Attacks, plus the beachfront "Survival on Del Perro Pier" and more. Here’s the full list:

Team Deathmatch

Beachfront

The tourists come to Vespucci for a freak show, so give them what they want with a deathmatch along the beachfront. By the time they realize it isn't pop-up performance art, it'll be too late.

- Players: 4-8

- Teams: 2

Procopio Beach

Home to an infamous Truck Stop, Procopio Beach has long been known as a place where people come to blow off steam, and this deathmatch along the shoreline at the foot of Mt. Gordo is no exception.

Cape Catfish

The idyllic coast at the foot of the San Chianski mountain range won't be unspoiled by the time this deathmatch is over, as teams battle it out among the shacks and rocks along the shoreline.

- Players: 4-6

Palomino Highlands

The peace and quiet of the Palomino Highlands... so close to East Los Santos, yet so far away. Until the gang shootout, that is. This deathmatch along the rocky Palomino shoreline is far from a day at the beach. Works best with teams.

- Players 4-8

Vespucci Beachfront

Stop the gentrification of Vespucci Beach dead in its tracks with this deathmatch around and on top of the businesses along the beachfront.

Paleto Beach

The locals complain that not a lot happens in Paleto Bay, so wake up this sleepy town with a deathmatch along the shoreline. It'll keep them in gossip for years.

Vespucci Shoreline

Isn't it time some minds got blown at Vespucci by something other than medical marijuana? A large, open deathmatch in and around the facilities of Vespucci Beach with little cover.

- Players: 8-16

Vehicle Deathmatch

Shellshocked

The locals like to claim that you can't be too crazy for Vespucci Beach. But Rhino tanks battling it out along the beachfront? That might just test the theory...

- Players: 4-6

Land Races

Grass Route II

Sequel to smash hit Grass Route, this off road point to point starts on the North bank of the Zancudo River, passes through the wetlands, and finishes on the beach in North Chumash. Expect some of the same dirt road hijinks you enjoyed the first time around.

- Players: 1-8

- Class: Off Road Lap/Point to Point: Point to Point

Turn The Tide

Hug the waterline with this off road point to pooint starting on Procopio Beach. Up to sixteen racers can follow the North coast down through Paleto State Beach to Paleto Cove.

- Players: 1-16

- Class: Off Road Lap/Point to Point: Point to Point

Shore Up

Short lap race starting in idyllic beachside retirement community, Sandy Shores. Jumps on and off road and features a tight section through rocks and detritus spat up by the Alamo Sea.

- Class: Off Road Lap/Point to Point: Lap

Bluffing

Off road race in Pacific Bluffs. Race in a loop along the lower roads, the beachfront, and under the historic Chumash family pier. Jumps and tight turns. Avoid the rocks on the beach and through the tight gap under the pier.

- Class: Off Road Lap/Point to Point: Lap

Bike Races

Up the Creek

Dirt bike point to point going along Cassidy Creek and ending at the Alamo Sea. Road section on the Great Ocean Highway and jumps onto, and out of, North Chumash Beach.

- Class: Motorbikes (Sanchez only)

- Lap/Point to Point: Point to Point

Sundae Driving

Short looping race around the Vespucci Beach promenade and nearby roads. Suitable for all motorcycles, tourists and wackos.

- Class: Motorcycle (All land vehicles available)

In The Pipeline

From Vespucci Beach to Chumash, tour some of Los Santos' stretches of coastline with this sixteen rider dirt bike point to point. Starts at the Pipeline Inn and goes inland.

- Players: 1-16

- Class: Motorbike (Sanchez only)

Water Races

Water Rings

A figure-of-eight lap race for boats around the islands North of Paleto Bay. Look out for a ramp to help you get one over your competitors.

- Class: Boat

- Lap/Point to Point: Lap

Gone Coastal

Point to point for boats starting in the LS River, and taking you to the Palomino Highlands on the East Coast. Hugs the coastline, but features some turns and opportunities to jump rocks and islets.

- Class: Boat

- Lap/Point to Point: Lap

Sea Change

Seashark race from the Alamo Sea to Lago Zancudo. Starts along super-salinated South shore of Alamo Sea, goes into the Zancudo River, and though the wetlands. Narrow path down waterfalls with tight turns.

- Class: Boat (Seashark only)

Last Team Standing

Coastal Path LTS

Pack some granola bars and a misplaced sense of superiority for this Last Team Standing for two teams on the side of the Mount Gordo. Who hasn't wanted to push some fellow hikers off a steep cliff and into the sea?

- Players: 2-8

- RP Reward: 400, Group Cash Reward: Band B

Stab City LTS

Small-scale Last Team Standing for two groups at Stab City. Fight to the finish amongst the glass pipes and empty beer bottles at this Lost MC Hangout. The highest body count this area will see before the arrival of TP Inc.

- Players: 2-16

- RP Reward: 600, Group Cash Reward: Band B

Assault Course LTS

Accountants take assault courses to get shouted at and feel like they're married or in the marines. Add that extra layer of authenticity by getting shot at as well. Three teams fight to be the last to survive in this stretch of dunes and rocks near Paleto Cove.

- Players: 3-12

- Teams: 3

- RP Reward: 1000, Group Cash Reward: Band B

Vespucci Beach LTS

A normal walk down Vespucci Beach means fighting through freaks, people trying to sell you medical marijuana cards, and tourists on bicycles. This time you'll be battling it out with three other teams in a Last Team Standing.

- Players: 4-16

- Teams: 4

- RP Reward: 1000, Group Cash Reward: Band B

San Chianski LTS

Three teams fight for the righ to some solitude where the San Chianski meet the ocean. One team starts at the large wooden house near the lighthouse, the second on the large island in the bay and the third at 'Catfish View', a small fishing village.

- Players: 3-12

- Teams: 3

- RP Reward: 1200, Group Cash Reward: Band B

Parachuting

View of Vespucci

Show some Vespucci beach bums the true meaning of 'spaced out' with this steep parachute descent from 2980ft. See how many checkpoints you can hit before opening your chute.

- Jump type: Helicopter

From Sky to Sand

Nothing helps soothe the body and calm the nerves after air travel like a dip in the ocean,

unless you hit it at 124 mph. Descent from a helicopter at 4410ft above LS International featuring tight turns and a landing on Vespucci Beach.

Flotsam and Jetsam

After jumping from 4050ft, hurtle along the foothills of Chiliad Mountain State Wilderness, and try to avoid becoming part of the ocean detritus, as you land in Paleto Cove. It is possible to free fall through the first few checkpoints of this jump before opening your parachute.

The Cove

Enjoy the stunning vistas as you rapidly descend towards Paleto Cove by Mount Chiliad... but not so much that you forget to open your chute. Long free fall from 7500ft followed by weaving and diving between checkpoint and the drop zone.

Survivals

Del Perro Pier Survival

When you're on the run from the Lost, it's probably a good idea to avoid trapping yourself at the end of a pier. But, hindsight is a wonderful thing; for now, all you can hope to do is survive long enough to learn the lesson. Be prepared for multiple ambushes that escalate in severity with each wave of attack.

- Players: 1-4

Gang Attacks

East Coast Island

A Gang Attack on an East Coast Island'.

El Gordo

Gang Attack in El Gordo.

I am getting that dune buggy the moment the update is complete.

EDIT: Oh, hrm, it's not the one you get in the off-road races or Trevor's mckenzie field missions. Well, I'm pretty unimpressed with the Injection, so we'll see how it is vs that.

EDIT #2: Ok, so there's a free buggy, the "Bifta", and there's another buggy which looks like the other one which costs $20K. If that's the one, it's well worth it.

Fuck whatever style I was going for before and my fancy 400k apartment; I'm selling it all, buying a place by the beach and bumming around doing jobs in board shorts and sandels for the rest of my online life.

I couldn't find any of the new jobs. I could get the free cars, but didn't try to buy any new clothes.

Have they turned down the money majorly for all the races? The Commute used to pay $15,000 to the winner if the field was big enough, it's now less than $5,000.

I couldn't find any of the new jobs. I could get the free cars, but didn't try to buy any new clothes.

Have they turned down the money majorly for all the races? The Commute used to pay $15,000 to the winner if the field was big enough, it's now less than $5,000.

I don't know about winning purses, but if you want a breakdown of the benefits of a 5th place finish from each race, I'm your man.

It seems like the first time you do a job, you get $x. Each subsequent time, you get $1/2 x.

It seems like the first time you do a job, you get $x. Each subsequent time, you get $1/2 x.

I knew that about missions. I couldn't get any other race going, but what used to pay $4,500 for a third-place finish in The Commute now paid me $1,500.

There's now a payout in missions if you fail, depending, and there's an increased payout in missions if you ramp up the difficulty.

I don't necessarily mind the lowering of the money for races, but it seems awfully convenient that they're lessening the easiest way to make money now that they've put GTA bucks for sale in the store. I'm shocked they didn't lower the payout for Survival missions, 'cause if you do the right mission with people who aren't complete idiots, you're finishing it and getting $20,000.

What does bother me about lowering the money for races is it makes it very unfair to everyone who comes along after us - the vast majority of us got the stimulus, but, for example, one of the posters here, Bucky, came along too late to get the stimulus. So he starts way behind the rest of the people online in terms of having things. That's fine, that means he just has to work harder to make up the difference. But we were also allowed to rack up obscene amounts of money racing, and now that's gone, too, when he barely got to do that.

There's other money to be made, granted, I just feel like Rockstar has created a gulf between the haves (the people who started playing the game relatively early and got the stimulus and got to race a lot when the money was better) and the have-nots (everyone who came along after that).

To play devil's advocate, rewarding the people who bought day one and suffered through all the glitches isnt such a bad thing.

That's what the stimulus was for. I don't have a problem with the stimulus. There was a time when a lot of us started out and were making $3,000 in 30 seconds for winning a one-lap Criminal Records race, and now it's $250 to win. Combine the stimulus with us being in the game back when races paid crazy money, and we'll have a big advantage on the goodies we want while everyone new has to work so much harder for the same stuff. 

Has online got really flaky for anybody else?  I've had essentially no problems till now. 

Today it crashed my 360 twice inside of 10 minutes.  I logged back on later and got booted off online in the middle of a race, with a warning about quitting out of missions when I got back on. The following race, everybody but me got booted right at the end of lap 1.

Online was working okay for me last night other than getting the mission completed texts from all the characters in a row. This happened when I was taking the new boat for a spin.

As for the other new vehicles, I like the dune buggy, but the other two aren't that great. The new pistol is kind meh. I do like the bottle though. Got in a fight outside of a liquor store with some bums and showed them some street justice :)

Pier Survival is hard - especially when it's new, because people do things like climb onto the Rollercoaster for cover, and get booted for abandoning the fight. And there's not much roofed over, just the toilet (which doesn't have walls you can get ground cover behind) and the Rollercoaster entrance (which has terrible sightlines for locating opponents on foot). We only reached Wave 8.

Was cruising with Havoc and GKeys. We talked about looking at the new tattoos. I shouted into my Mic "Hey! Everyone who's not got a headset! We're going to the Tattoo shop!". When we left, there was a guy waiting to snipe us. Keys killed him before me or Havoc even knew he was there.

My strength dropped from over 60% to around 25-30%. Got it back up to 40+, and then a griefer started fist fighting me. I got the upper hand, he pulled a combat rifle, and I pummelled him unconscious before he could get a bullet off. I shouted "My Fists! Are Stronger! Than your Fucking GUN!" and everyone on headset larfed.

• Like 1

To play devil's advocate, rewarding the people who bought day one and suffered through all the glitches isnt such a bad thing.

That's what the stimulus was for. I don't have a problem with the stimulus. There was a time when a lot of us started out and were making $3,000 in 30 seconds for winning a one-lap Criminal Records race, and now it's $250 to win. Combine the stimulus with us being in the game back when races paid crazy money, and we'll have a big advantage on the goodies we want while everyone new has to work so much harder for the same stuff. 

The money is still there, you just have to be more creative/work a little harder to get it.  I played for maybe an hour last night and made almost $70K.

Stole a Balla and sold it to LSC: $9K

Got rid of a bounty: $9K

Robbed stores: $5K (stores are blocks from my aprtment, I rob them and drive right back to my garage.)

Out of Court Settlement mission: $25K (counting selling the lawyer's car after the mission is over)

Checking Out mission: $15K (did this one twice, very easy mission)

Races: $6K (did about 3 or 4 races with Ax Blood and Cristobal before I logged off, I was still making $1000-2500 per race even placing last in a couple of them)

I do agree that the economic system is fucked up, though.  There is a lot of nickle and diming.  I think stuff like paying to start a mission and any death penalties outside of free roam should be removed, and ammo for standard weapons should be a lot cheaper.  But I'm not gonna miss Criminal Records or Down the Drain coming up 90% of the time when I picked Quick Race.

Warning: dont do what donnie dont does

I was riding my motorcycle to the ammu-nation but judged my speed wrong and accidentally drove into the store. Which i did not know you could do.

So, the guy behind the counter shot me dead.

I respawn, go back in, expecting the worst, but i just my new scope.

And my bike is still lying on the floor.

So, i get on it and slowly back out of the store.

Yep. Shot and killed again.

Bwahaha. A $9000 bounty gets put on me for jacking an NPC's car. I'm driving around for a bit when I pick up a couple tails. I break for the train tracks, and end up in the tunnel underneath East Los Santos. One of the people after me is in a Buzzard, and he sets himself right at the southern edge of the tunnel. I go back into the middle of the tunnel, wait for a bit, and sure enough, a southbound train comes along. I hop onto one of the empty cars at the back, and he goes kablooey when the train smashes into his chopper.