DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Hey guys. I know I don't play with many people around here except maybe Excall, but i'm done with this game. Not in an angry WHY DID THEY DO THIS way, but i'm just done.The races don't appeal to me (especially now the payouts have diminished although I dont really NEED money) and nobody's ever in deathmatches.

As a reletive wanted the game for Christmas, i'm just gonna give them my copy,and then next year if some kind of GOTY edition is released I might pick it up again, as i'm doing with Skyrim.

It was a fun experience, but i've had enough of it now.

Yeah, you don't need a stun gun in order to take bounties in alive.  They give up if you knock them to the ground, so I just resorted to putting a pistol round in their leg as they ran off.

One of the bail jumpers was a rival meth dealer to Trevor and another one knew Dom.

I had to cheat once to catch one of the guys:

One of the bail jumpers is on top of Mount Chilead and BASE Jumps when you go after him.  I knew from collecting letter scraps that there is a parachute at the cable car depot, so I grabbed it instead of fighting the bail jumper's friend and using his.. 

I jumped after him just as he lept off the side of the mountain and pulled his parachute.  I captured him after steering myself into him while in a glide path and knocking him over.  By the time he got to his feet, I had my pistol trained on him.

That was an easy fifty grand earned.  I bought McKenzie Airfield and am trying to make enough money to buy The Hen House (I think it is $89K) before moving on with the story missions.  Between the completed bounty missions and the gun running missions I have available, I should make it.

Apparently, now that I am finished with Cletus Ewing's Stranger / Freak missions, Trevor can also make money by hunting animals and selling the meat / skins to him.

There's really no need to grind in the single player for money.  The heists will start paying off a lot and you can buy all the properties you want.  By the end of the game you should have around $30 million per character.  If you do the assassinations after that and invest your money right, that will go up to $1.5 billion.

That was an easy fifty grand earned.  I bought McKenzie Airfield and am trying to make enough money to buy The Hen House (I think it is $89K) before moving on with the story missions.  Between the completed bounty missions and the gun running missions I have available, I should make it.

Forgot to mention this, it's not really worth making yourself broke to buy the Hen House.  Doesn't give that much money per week, and you'll have to do annoying chase mini-missions to keep it in business.  Better to keep the $90K for weapons/ammo, especially grenade launchers and RPGs.

The hangar is the only business with a more flesh-out mission arc to it.  Most of them are like the Hen House in that you'll get money per week as long as you answer the calls from the managers to kill robbers, make liquor runs, etc.

Some of the properties do have bonuses for the owner:

Downtown Cab Co (Franklin) - free taxi rides (need to own this to get a trophy)

Blaine County LSC (Franklin) - free car mods (easiest way to get fully mod a car trophy)

Auto Impound (Franklin) - unlock tow truck side activity

Collections dock (any) - unlock underwater waste collection/sub

If you buy the golf club, you can golf for free - but if you have enough to buy it ($150 million) money's kind of a moot point anyway ;)

• Like 1

I got into a situation online with three players last night where all three were aiming for me and me alone - I dunno if they were friends, or figured they'd pick on the weak kid, or what, but the only thing I managed to do of any consequence was drown one of their expensive cars.

One guy was somewhere sniping me every 2.5 seconds and the other two were chasing me on foot, and I couldn't get anything going - could never turn on Passive Mode, tried to escape in a car once and got killed. I think the kill score for just one of the three guys was 17-1 him. I eventually just bailed out of the server, but I felt like the biggest loser in the history of ever.

I'm perfectly fine at playing survival missions if I get the right angle, and I usually don't have much trouble with Gang Wars, but if I'm taking on a human player, it seems like I can shoot them 2,000 times and it seems like they hit and they just don't die. Then one shot from them and I'm toast.

I need to get better at sparring with these assholes. Any tips?

Jim Ross calls the Tuesday GTA Online action:

"This just plain ol' isn't fair, these two have jstout423 two on one, at least give him a fighting chance one-on-one. ... (music starts playing) Wait, what's that? Here comes the by Gawd calvary! That's RUkered's music! There they go runnin' scared like the yellow dogs they are!"

Then I proceeded to get us run over by a train. That's gratitude.

I tried to repay the favor by trying to watch another crew member's back (can't remember his screen name) later on because he had a $9,000 bounty on his head for stealing a car and I figured he needed some backup. So I go to where he is, and he proceeds to shoot me twice. Guess he figured I was after his Lucky Charms. I just left him be. I dunno about everybody else, but I'd never go after a crew member's bounty, screw it. Don't need money that bad.

And then there was the perfectly fine session of Boneyard survival I was having with GammaRaySeven when my guy suddenly had a seizure and starts dancing around in front of about 30 enemies while I'm screaming "back behind the trailer, dumbass!" at my TV screen. 

All you PS3 guys need to get Santie to bring you an XBox 360 for Christmas. We could use some more help over on the XBox side of the tracks. I wanna unify and run Los Santos with an iron fist.

I tried to repay the favor by trying to watch another crew member's back (can't remember his screen name) later on because he had a $9,000 bounty on his head for stealing a car and I figured he needed some backup. So I go to where he is, and he proceeds to shoot me twice. Guess he figured I was after his Lucky Charms. I just left him be. I dunno about everybody else, but I'd never go after a crew member's bounty, screw it. Don't need money that bad.

Son of a bitch.  That was me. :(    Really sorry about that sir.

EDIT:  And I just now realized you had a green halo around your dot...indicating you were a crew member/friendly.

I will be back in circulation soon, jstout!

I pushed on with more story mission before I collapsed yesterday at 7PM and slept until 4AM this morning.  Yama Sakura 65 is kicking my ass.  There had better be some quality military training going on in Sendai today.

I finally got Trevor to Los Santos and gof four Gold medals from the Vinewood Souvenirs side mission tree (Trevor Phillips... dognapper..). 

This game was definitely sent out before it was playtested.  In order to get a Gold medal for the Mark Faustenberg golf club theft in the Vinewood Souvenirs mission tree, you have to score a headshot on Faustenberg (hole in one), acquire the golf club within 30 seconds of his death, and kill his three bodyguards (bringing the kill count to... four.. Get it?) but when the WEAZEL News broadcast of the theft comes on the radio, Faustenberg is STILL ALIVE~! and talks about the theft.  Weird.

After I dropped Faustenberg and crew and snatched the golf club (25 seconds.  That was pushing it.), I EVADED THE COPS WHILE DRIVING A GOLF CART~!  I wish I had recorded that for YouTube.  You can't make shit like that up and it will probably be my finest moment in the game.

Rockstar must have a thing against Latino groundskeepers.  First Franklin had to Stealth KO one during the mission to repo Jimmy De Santa's car and Trevor has to shank one (stealth killed him with the broken bottle from the Beach Bum Pack!) while going off to steal Tyler Dixon's (BALLAD OF GAY TONY CALLBACK~!) duffle bag while he and Chloe Parker are in the pool.

I also ran across crazy ass Ursula and now she is Trevor's steady booty call.  Those loons were made for each other.  Jesus, the things she says when they are in bed together...

I finally got a free helicopter for Sandy Shores via the time honored GTA 4 tradition of shooting a Higgins Helitours pilot in the head and nabbing his sweet black and white striped Frogger. 

I know you can get a free helicopter on the roof of the hospital near Franklin's house where you spawn after you get wasted, but I didn't want a chopper with Medivac livery.

I hate this game sometimes.   In the mission Fame or Shame, you get a prompt to unlatch the tractor trailer while you are chasing Lazlo and what is one of the Gold medal completion criteria??  DO NOT UNHOOK THE TRAILER~!  I hate my muscle memory...

Holy fuck.  Rampage Three is hard.  Not because I fear death, but because some of the Ballaz are armed with RPG's and it takes Trevor forever to get up after being knocked down by a nearby explosion.  Fifty kills in two minutes?  Every second counts!

My final victim taken to the Altruist Camp was Drunk Driver #1.  I inteded to take him home until he puked on the side of the Bodhi. I made sure that the encounter didn't give anything special before ferrying his ass off to the cannibals.

After delivering the dude, I found myself in a shootout with the cultists and I nearly died while taking them all out.  So much for my steady cash cow of delivering unuspecting travelers to their doom in exchange for a quick score..

Something told me to take a look around before rolling out of the cult compound and I found $75K in three hidden packages, body armor power ups, an Assault Shotgun power up, and an RPG power up!  One of the cultiists I kacked was a old nude guy!  Creeeepy....  Too bad you can't convert that place into a safehouse after you clear out the cultists.

Did you get your dune buggy yet?

---

I feel your pain. Mods on our stuff this week and things breaking as soon as we fix other stuff makes me feel like Sisyphus.

I did not check my online guy.  I will probably do that tonight provided that WARSIM doesn't explode.  Everytime I check JDLM's connection to the WARSIM fedbridge, our data transfer rate is dropping out.  My packet chart looks like a topography map of the ocean floor.

Naturally since everything is supoosed to be our fault, we are having that discussion with the US Army cabledogs at Chitose Tech.

"Did you check your routers?"

"Yeah, asshole, we did.  DID YOU CHECK YOURS~?"

Trevor's tennis outfit is ridiculous.  I resorted to driving veering cars into oncoming traffic in Blane County to fill up my Special meter, crashing into pick-up trucks on purpose, turning on Berserk mode, and then beating up the drivers who came out to confront me in order to top off the last few points I needed to max out Trevor's Strength stat.

Trevor's Flying skill is maxed out in my game, but aircraft don't seem to be any more stable than they were before.  Michael's Flying skill was crap and I still managed to get an Under the Bridge marker and land a plane safely during one of his Epsilon missions.  I didn't notice a real difference in aircraft control between the two players other than Trevor's helicopter and airplane landings seeming to be a little smoother.

Oh, and yeah, there is a VICE CITY CALLBACK~!

One of the Vinewood Souvenir missions involves beating up Willy, the bass player for

Love Fist!
  • Like 1

EDIT:  And I just now realized you had a green halo around your dot...indicating you were a crew member/friendly.

It happens in the heat of battle. I first noticed RUkered on the map 'cause I saw the green and thought it was a very tiny drop zone for a crate, like a moron. It was only when I got to him did I remember "oh yeah."

At one point, I wandered into a situation where the cops were after about four different players at once and the game had slowed to a crawl. I thought "to be in slow motion, this is pretty damn hectic."

It happens in the heat of battle. I first noticed RUkered on the map 'cause I saw the green and thought it was a very tiny drop zone for a crate, like a moron. It was only when I got to him did I remember "oh yeah."

At one point, I wandered into a situation where the cops were after about four different players at once and the game had slowed to a crawl. I thought "to be in slow motion, this is pretty damn hectic."

Speaking of crates, I actually ended up picking up two yesterday.  It was fun sniping away the 4 other guys who came after the first one after I'd picked it up.  The 2nd was fun because a fellow player was slowing down with his bike to go pick it up and I waylayed him in the tractor trailer I had at full speed.  

Ended up picking up about 8000 XP, $4000, and Molotovs.    Had I been more on it, I probably should've used that to shoo away the people coming after me and my $9000 bounty.  

Jim Ross calls the Tuesday GTA Online action:

"This just plain ol' isn't fair, these two have jstout423 two on one, at least give him a fighting chance one-on-one. ... (music starts playing) Wait, what's that? Here comes the by Gawd calvary! That's RUkered's music! There they go runnin' scared like the yellow dogs they are!"

Then I proceeded to get us run over by a train. That's gratitude.

I won't even lie and say I didn't pretend like it was an action movie when the notifications started popping up and I saw that you were getting ganged up on. "SOMEBOYD'S MESSING WITH CREW MEMBERS?? I GOT TWO WORDS FOR YA"

I specifically called in my Hexxer so I could ride up with my pump shotgun, but that scenario didn't really get to play out. I didn't realize you were in that session, or I would have left my character the way I had him earlier. I decided to shake things up a bit from the camo/hockey mask setup I usually have. I just really wish I could have rolled up as the cavalry in this getup:

fa674e78-b7b5-48e2-90d2-02ba831d2423.jpg

Ended up picking up about 8000 XP, $4000, and Molotovs.    Had I been more on it, I probably should've used that to shoo away the people coming after me and my $9000 bounty.  

If you have the stones to go after crate drops with a $9000 bounty on your head, remind me to never mess with you.