DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Flying skill seems to go up more with Air Races than just flying around. Mine's at like 79% right now.

Sold the Fusillade because it corners like brick. Decided that since everyone else does Sports races in thier Elegys, I'd get a Comet and mod that up instead to get the advantage. Was nearly working until some nudging fucker (called Chris) screwed me over.

Did the Five Gang Wars in a day to unlock the Skull & Guns arm tattoo (the one at the Docks is hardest. 30 guys, all Merryweather). Then didn't get the tattoo :)

• Like 1

Finally managed to log into the Social Club again (been on a redirect loop for what seems like weeks) and we're now GREEN?Damn it son, we all John Cena now.

Cuz motherfuckers kept seeing the red circle and mistaking it for a bounty, and then I had to shoot them AND blow up their ambulance.

Sold the Fusillade because it corners like brick. Decided that since everyone else does Sports races in thier Elegys, I'd get a Comet and mod that up instead to get the advantage. Was nearly working until some nudging fucker (called Chris) screwed me over.

*whistles innocently*
  • Like 1

Plus if you like the racing on the game, you practically have to grind for money, because people will host races with custom cars and you have to keep up with the custom/modded cars arms race to have much of a chance of winning, barring major luck. I've got a custom car in every class but off-road on the off chance that someone wants to race Compacts, for example - it doesn't happen very often, but if it does, I'm ready.

It's especially bad that most races you join are for custom Supers when a custom Super is expensive.

No offense, but you guys are kinda boring at this.

It's GTA Man! It should be about having fun, not grinding for money!

I now have real missions, a sniper rifle and an assault rifle. Now I can have fun.

• Like 1

I tried to do some good old-fashioned race fixing with Bucky earlier, but I kept screwing up the job. Our paths will cross. He went up two levels while just dinking around with me.

I couldn't get the damn headset to work, and I couldn't figure out if it's a problem with my headset or something I'm doing wrong. It was a mess.

I wanted to quit earlier tonight, but I got out into freemode and I was the only one on the server - ah, bliss - no assholes chasing me around with a tank, fer Christ's sake. I was ready to give up when a high-priority vehicle popped up and I couldn't pass up the easy dough.

I heard your audio popping in here and there. I think it was you at least. I'm pretty sure I have the chatter set to Crew & Friends Only or whatever. I would've done that Commute race with you 25 more times if I didn't need the sleep. That one that I won by like .03 seconds over that griefer ass made me like $10k. I'm better at slipstreaming these modded fuckers than they realize I think. Thanks for being patient with me and for letting me win that last one.

I'm saving for an apartment but I'm not sure what I really want. I know one of you guys had a place in Sandy Shores. I was thinking Paleto might be a nice place for an early safehouse. I have $79k in the bank so I'm about a one session away from affording one in that range. Or should I wait and buy a nice 6-car in the city around the $200k-$250k range?

Maybe soon I can get into some violent activities that pay high. If any of you need a driver or someone to fly a helicopter, I'm pretty good at those things. I'm a good shot too but it's gonna be a little while before I can unlock rifles and do any real damage from range. 

I used to have a 6 car garage in Sandy Shores.  I liked living in the sticks and am seriously thinking of getting rid of my condo in the city to go back to it.  If you could buy an apartment/house outside of the city (why the FUCK you cannot do this is a majorly bad decision by R* IMO) I would have bought that.

The travel to the city can be kind of annoying, but you can get a plane or helicopter from Trevor's airfield or else call in Merryweather and kill the pilot and steal his helicopter.  Otherwise, join a quick job and leave the lobby before the mission starts.  Sucks if you find a car for Simeon though.  It's a long drive to the docks.

Conversely, there are jobs that start outside of the city (Ron's and some of Martin's) so it easier to get to those.

If you spawn in a public server, you're not likely going to be next to anyone and are free to catch your breath and take things at your own pace - no constantly watching your back.

The stores are closer to each other and it is much easier to get away from the cops.  I would usually start off my sessions by robbing 2 stores and selling a stolen car to LSC.  Easy $8-12K right off the bat.

If you spawn in a public server, you're not likely going to be next to anyone and are free to catch your breath and take things at your own pace - no constantly watching your back.

Set your start point to "apartment" rather than last point, and you'll be better off. You'll have to walk out of your apartment every time, but it means you can take a look, and if there's a big fucking fight outside your garage door, and you don't feel like getting into that, you can say 'fuck that noise' and head for a different session.

The stores are closer to each other and it is much easier to get away from the cops. I would usually start off my sessions by robbing 2 stores and selling a stolen car to LSC. Easy $8-12K right off the bat.

Easy enough to do that in the city, (get going fast enough to get some distance from the cops and duck into your garage or LSC) and there tend to be more expensive sellable cars around the Vinewood LSC. .

Bucky - if you're up for spending 200-250k, you're already up to 10-gar garage apartments.

I like my little $205k place, but like you guys are talking about - I really wish they'd sell actual apartments up north. I spend a lot more time there than I do in the city. I would ditch my place for a garage up there, but I enjoy watching players on the apartment TV sometimes. Although I do gripe a lot about how long it takes to walk from the bedroom to the door. I wish they'd patch in the ability to run in the place. By the time I walk from the shower (I hate when it spawns me in there) to the door, then wait for the garage to load and walk to my Elegy on the far side of the garage, it feels like 10 hours have gone by.

I've gotta experiment with the different ways to join online. I always choose the "join crew" option and about 25 percent of the time it puts me in a public server with a crew member and 75 percent of the time, it says no one's available and I join a regular public server.

I put no thought into the location of my apartment, but I like it. I'm two blocks from an AmmuNation and not that far from the golf course, the beach and Los Santos Customs #3. Of course, I think everyone else in the game lives in that neighborhood and it's griefer central. I wish I could get a bigger garage than a 10-car garage.

One of these days, I wanna try to steal a tractor from Trevor territory and see if I can drive it back to my apartment.

I joined the game the other day and kept hearing these loud blasts and the apartment was shaking. I go to the window and there's another player shelling my apartment building with a tank while the cops are going insane outside. I thought "memo to self: best to stay indoors for the time being."

It's gotta suck being a cop in Los Santos online. "There's a guy with a tank downtown."

• Like 2

0_0.jpg

Much like real life, I don't seem to be able to keep my hair. It keeps going whenever I put my helmet or mask on.

I'm slowly amassing my white car army, I'm getting one of every single type, Super, Sport, Bike, Sedan, SUV, Compact all modded as much as possible so far.

No more finishing 16th in races!

15th babyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

The hair thing is a known glitch.

I finally finished the Episilon missions. Fucking Kifflom.

Tried taking the lawyer's car from Out of Court Settlement but couldn't figure out how to save or sell it.

Found a Fudo and thought it was a nice little car. Modded it to make a pretty sweet rally car for tearing around the desert in.

I couldn't sell the lawyer's car in that mission, either - isn't it the Voltic, one of the Supers?

And hey, I'm not the only one who geekily painted all my cars the same color. Race yellow, baby! Now if only I could get a motorcycle helmet in matching yellow. I'll have to put a shot up on the Social Club site.

I kinda finished my car army last night, but here's the problem - I bought a Nagasaki Blazer as an off-road vehicle, but I can't mod it. Can any of the off-road vehicles be modded? What about the Maibatsu Sanchez (the dirt bike)? Can I mod it and use it in off-road races? 

I got the Injector for my off road, modded it, and its quite nippy. A good purchase.

Don't forget all, DLC comes next Tuesday *unless its changed by now*

New everything. 

Has anybody tried the survival North West on the map? It's so far out the way nobody ever plays it, whenever I join i'm automatically the host and nobody joins.

I couldnt get online earlier this afternoon. Had to do story mode.

Servers are back up now.

On that note, money is REALLY easy to get in single player now. Using the Bawsaq one and not LCN, because its real time, all you need to do is wait for something to drop quite low (Extreme example, Whiz was as low as $0.09 and as high as over $10 last week) and then leave it. Then if you primarily play online, even just once a day see if the stocks changed, most of the time you can find something as a five hour low (which info you dont recieve on LCN) and stick on there, come back when you've finished playing online and its changed for the better, just check it whenever it crashes and times out, or when you come start.

Because of that, I have all 3 characters in the millions before I even had a Lester mission on my latest re-play through.

Tried taking the lawyer's car from Out of Court Settlement but couldn't figure out how to save or sell it.

You need an empty space in your garage. Take the car to your garage BEFORE you pick up the documents. Then, after the mission is over, that car should now be a personal vehicle, which you'll be able to sell.