DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

See how I started doing Daily Objectives on Saturday March 21st?

I got my first weekly bonus on Thursday March 26th.

My second on Sunday April 5th.

My third on Sunday April 12th

And this morning, I got another weekly bonus.

Not the 28 days one, the 7 days one. Even though I've got 29 days straight, and I definitely haven't missed a day at any point in there. I think somehow the early payout in my first week buggered my progression, and it thinks I'm at three weeks instead of 4.

I was going crazy this morning doing Parachute Dangerously.   Kept trying to go to the top of the West side construction yard to jump off the top and parachute down.   

The 10-15 times I killed myself was just insane. Only the first time did the parachute actually appear.  I have no idea what I was doing wrong either.  

Finally got it by stealing a heli and flying it over the beach. Only took me three attempts there.    

Golf was a good final objective to calm me the fuck down after I got it. 

When I had parachute dangerously, I managed to decapitate myself jumping out of the helicopter. Twice.

I had Flight School this morning. Got a Silver on Formation Flying, putting myself second on the DVDVR PS3 leaderboard. Behind Volk Han0.

Suck it Cris.

I was Vic Morrow'd a few times as well trying to do Parachute Dangerously. The Maverick is the worst to attempt that in, to me at least. It either sinks too fast, or you end up being sucked in again.

I was just in a lobby with a level 122 who didn't have two fulls bars of driving skill. How the fuck does that happen - jog to every mission?

Maybe he's just working on his cardio.

• Like 1

When I had parachute dangerously, I managed to decapitate myself jumping out of the helicopter. Twice.

I had Flight School this morning. Got a Silver on Formation Flying, putting myself second on the DVDVR PS3 leaderboard. Behind Volk Han0.

Suck it Cris.

Good job. What's your best score and what's mine? Feel free to go back and check, if you need to.

You can also check our scores on Chase a Parachute.

Burke and myself got another conformation HEISTS WITH RANDOMS SUCKS DONKEY BUTT!!! Then we go to freemode allah akbar a car with 2 people. 1 dies the other kicks the shit out of us. After we both shot him several times each with heavy sniper and no health decreased i go to passive check his stats he has a kd of 217.59.

Then me and robert had a blast. Highlight of it all was when robert killed the driver and gunner of an armored gun truck. Picked me up and we then whipped them bastards with their own wet towel. One finally got robert, cops get me and them boys got their truck back. Until robert respawns, grabs a rocket turns that sum bitch sideways and sticks it up their candy ass.

I got booted off xbl and couldn't reconnect so i came to bed to share my stories with my dvdr brethren.

• Like 2

Burke and myself got another conformation HEISTS WITH RANDOMS SUCKS DONKEY BUTT!!! Then we go to freemode allah akbar a car with 2 people. 1 dies the other kicks the shit out of us. After we both shot him several times each with heavy sniper and no health decreased i go to passive check his stats he has a kd of 217.59.

Then me and robert had a blast. Highlight of it all was when robert killed the driver and gunner of an armored gun truck. Picked me up and we then whipped them bastards with their own wet towel. One finally got robert, cops get me and them boys get their truck back. Until robert respawns, grabs a rocket turns that sum bitch sideways and sticks it up their candy ass.

I get booted off xbl and couldn't reconnect so i come to bed to share my stories with my dvdr brethren.

Really wish we could've been on the game chat with those fools so they could've heard us laughin at em.  Mary Louing the gunner of that truck after I shotgunned the driver in the face may have been one of my finest achievements in this game.  You must've taken out about 20 guys with that thing before somebody finally got me.  I started in the room with a bounty on me, and it took about 30 minutes of near continuous combat for somebody to finally get it.

I was getting ready to log off after you dropped when I saw a bounty on the beach near me.  Could not find him on my sniper scope, so I went over to investigate.  Turns out he was in a glitch under the beach.  I left him to it, but a bunch of other dots showed up and he took em all out.  Then he popped up near me on a personal motorcycle.  RPG took care of his bike, but he just walked away.  Figured that was a good enough sign to drop off for the night.  God mode and a glitch.  That's just sad.

• Like 1

Driving around wreaking havoc in one of those gun trucks is a hoot, isn't it?

Played the finisher of that humane labs heist again, and I felt like screaming "TAKE THE TRIP SKIP, GODDAMMIT!" $4,000 is nothing to me if it means skipping one of those 5,000-mile drives.

Robert, I got on at about 2 a.m. to check on my daily objectives, but I could not land in the same room as you, between full rooms and network errors. Oh well.

Driving around wreaking havoc in one of those gun trucks is a hoot, isn't it?

Played the finisher of that humane labs heist again, and I felt like screaming "TAKE THE TRIP SKIP, GODDAMMIT!" $4,000 is nothing to me if it means skipping one of those 5,000-mile drives.

Robert, I got on at about 2 a.m. to check on my daily objectives, but I could not land in the same room as you, between full rooms and network errors. Oh well.

I left the game on in single player for a while before I got round to turning it off.  You must've come on around then, cause I never saw you on.

Picked me up and we then whipped them bastards with their own wet towel.

This shit right here killed me. I have to remember this line.

My GODDDDDDD the random heist people were brutal. That last heist is basically impossible without crew.

But the worst was the setup before it. Pacific Standard - Bikes. I got on earlier and nobody was on, so I figured I'd try it with randoms. I'm not exaggerating when I say I must have done it 20-30 times with three different sets of randoms. The dumbasses just kept storming the Lost compound and getting their asses shot off.

I hate talking to randoms, so I didn't have my headset on, but I damn near plugged it in long enough to yell "EITHER HANG BACK AND SNIPE WITH ME OR GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY."

Mel got on and we finished the damn thing on the first try.

I thought we could do the actual heist because things went pretty smooth until you have to escape on the bikes.

In fairness to those two randoms, I also got my ass kicked. I got rammed off my bike twice in a row and couldn't put on more armor in time.

Apparently the key to it is to ditch the bikes immediately and get in a car. The randoms wouldn't take the hint though.

• Like 1

The worst is when it's quite clear that most of the team is going to use a car and drive up the west coast, but you still get that one person who's determined to die on that motorcycle over and over again. Then after getting the hint and getting in the car, they quit when you're halfway there. Apparently rank doesn't always correlate with IQ.

The worst is when it's quite clear that most of the team is going to use a car and drive up the west coast, but you still get that one person who's determined to die on that motorcycle over and over again. Then after getting the hint and getting in the car, they quit when you're halfway there. Apparently rank doesn't always correlate with IQ.

That's exactly what happened in one of them yesterday. Everybody finally had their shit together and a dude left.

My number one hated thing in GTA now is AL the action suddenly stopping and that screen turning green.

Every time it's the same scenario. "Wait. What happ-DAMMIT HE LEFT."

• Like 1

Suck it Cris.

Good job. What's your best score and what's mine? Feel free to go back and check, if you need to.

You can also check our scores on Chase a Parachute.

Volk Han Score 570, Gold 0, Silver 1, Bronze 0

Excallq Score 511 Gold 0, Silver 2, Bronze 47

AxBloodTheory Score 489, Gold 0, Silver 1, Bronze 2

There's no better Daily Objective than "Blow up 10 vehicles"

Easy, fun, and guaranteed to piss off every one.

You know how I know you're DVDR?

You get that objective and your immediate thought is not "blow up 10 NPC cars."

• Like 5

There's no better Daily Objective than "Blow up 10 vehicles"

Easy, fun, and guaranteed to piss off every one.

You know how I know you're DVDR?

You get that objective and your immediate thought is not "blow up 10 NPC cars."

I'm proud to say, one of the 10 was an armored truck that crashed while the driver tried to run me down. :)

• Like 2

I went in this afternoon and got on game chat and heard my favorite three words: "stop killing me!" That's my cue to go wherever they are and stick a foot up their ass until they quit. Then there was the guy who kept challenging me to 1-on-1 deathmatches and then left when I was up 2-0 after I finally accepted.

I have the wildest urge to just run around Freemode in one of those chain gun cars, wreaking havoc until I'm RPG'd out. I want a freakin' flamethrower. I need more mayhem. Is that so wrong?

• Like 1

I had 'Destroy 5 Vehicles' once. I drove some guy's Massacro into the ocean and it didn't count :(

This morning, when I was in Capture Hell, I found myself doing this new one called Claustrophobia, where it's a really small map shaped like a dog bone. Me and one other guy, locked to pistols. He seemed to have this spawn trap gimmick going, where he picked up my duffel bag and then went behind my base, so I'd spawn with my back to him and he could get free headshots at me before I could turn around and shoot him back. There was also Armour and Health that spawned on the spot he was in, so he probably thought free pistol kills and a nice little pad of the old K/D. Only that's not how it worked out... 

So I went in cover behind a stack of crates, and put on the Pussy helmet, and then when we went shot for shot, he was taking more damage than me because of my level. So he runs around for health and I just camp and let my health regenerate, and eventually I get his head and he dies. And drops the bag where he died, so he's going to have a hard time getting it back. I deliver his bag to go one up in the score, and he rage quits like a bitch. Which was a bit of a theme this morning. Everything I won had someone walking out before it was over.

The other time I was in Capture hell, it was one of those "RP Hack! $$$$!" things, only it was set up so all the bags were right next to the base and it's a back and forth foot race with no weapons but a Jerry Can. It lasted 90 seconds and the RP rewards were 200 to the winner and 150 to second place. Not worth the effort at all.

This morning in Capture hell, I met someone too stupid to understand the Prox Mine on the bag trick only works once. You do it right at the start to make them cautious, or you do it right at the end because you know they aren't. Also, the one Prox Mine they did get me with was on my base, so I delivered the package no worries before I blew up. Then I shot the one they left on their base to collect the final package safely... and they blew themselves up with the mine they dropped on my base to stop me delivering. Ha ha.

Bribe the cops and cause havoc has screwed me twice. The time I went into Fort Zancudo and stole a fighter jet, I blew up some Army cars and got a wanted level when I still had 90 seconds of blind eye left. The next time, I was coming up from the docks, and I got blind eye at that crossroads near the cop station. Time was running out and I hadn't destroyed enough stuff, so I shot some cops... and got a wanted level. When I had 25 seconds of blind eye left. I think the game is broken somehow.