DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Dots were kinda thin on the ground last night, and the servers hated me, but I did manage to get on for an hour or so.  I could not steal a car without getting a bounty on me.  I got 6 or 7 in an hour.  Got one server down to me and one red dot when I picked up a bounty.  He went off the radar, which is the height of subtlety in that situation.  I was right by the center pay and spray, so I hightailed it to the garage north of there, threw a proximity mine at the top of the ramp, and took cover.  There was a nice boom about 5 seconds after I got to cover.  Stupid bastard.

When I first got on, I found a red dot killing a white dot by the beach.  Red dot left after I got him twice, leaving me with poor white dot marooned on the beach.  It did not go well for him - he never did get a kill on me out there.  He finally escaped after the cops got me.  He finally got a kill back about 20 minutes later while I was fighting 3 other dots, and then promptly left. 

There was one dot that was just awful.  I killed him at least a dozen times, and he could do nothing.  I was going after him with a pistol just to give him a chance, but it didn't help him.  Finally got bored of him, so I took off.  Then he sent me a message saying "stop killing me".  See kid, it doesn't work that way.  I would've left him alone, but after the message I had to go back and kill him some more.

• Like 1

Pisses me off when people give me shit about my Level 385. I'm like "dammit, I know people with two Level 200 characters. Off my ass!"

Not quite yet. My main is level 190-something. Secondary is 220+, since that's the one I did all the missions and deathmatches with.

The sexy one.

• Like 1

Pisses me off when people give me shit about my Level 385. I'm like "dammit, I know people with two Level 200 characters. Off my ass!"

Not quite yet. My main is level 190-something. Secondary is 220+, since that's the one I did all the missions and deathmatches with.

The sexy one.

Who could resist this face?

0_0.jpg

• Like 5

You all make such attractive women. There's Robert, as shown above, then RUkered and Melraz, the Indigo Girls. Robert's single-handedly kept the tattoo parlors in business, though I guess several of them are jailhouse tattoos.

I raced on last night as soon as the Spurs-Clippers game was over, but Robert had left 10 minutes earlier.

I wound up in a firefight near the center of town and got in one of those great situations where I sniped three dudes in about 10 seconds. I got into a fight with a couple of them that was mildly amusing, but I was concerned with my trickiest daily objective ever - an impromptu race. Someone was actually nice enough to help me out with that. I sent a message saying "thanks" and he messaged back saying "figured that was for your daily objective." Now I gotta hop on and do a mission, which by tradition is Pier Pressure solo on easy, with me riding one of their choppers to Gerald's after collecting the drugs.

• Like 2

Welp, literally not five minutes after receiving $2,000 for good behavior, I got thrown in juvy for my third strike. See everyone in eight days.

That's what kills me. I literally thought "hey, there's my $2,000, I must be OK," and not five minutes later, I'm wearing that fucking dunce cap again. I went from 60 to 0 just like that, no real warning, no nothing.

I'm not really surprised about getting thrown in juvy again, but I am surprised at how quickly I went from good behavior to bad sport. Oh well.

• Like 1

Damn Stout - how are you that cursed? I know Robert's been in once, but Mel and I should have been a time or two ourselves. At this point, I have to believe it's just random and the good behavior reward means nothing.

If you're up for a bikini-clad, tattooed conjugal visit, I know a dame or two. Just ignore the deep voice.

• Like 3

Catching up on a few things

1) Robert already beat me to the idea of going back through this thread and finding the evolution of stout

2) JT said a while ago that he was going to start going through the groups and getting rid of folks who no longer played/weren't DVDVR etc...

• Like 2

I only signed up for the Social Club because they are having a contest to give away a seriously bitchin' PC so you can pretty much ignore my request to join the DVDVR crew if inactivity kills the club stats or something, because unless I pull the 1 in 500 000 chance to win the damn thing I won't be in there anytime soon.

Seriously if you have any interest in PC gaming I wouldn't miss out entering that though. I mean, someone has to win it. Might as well be one of us.

I'm semi-OK with J.T.'s purge, but to think that he cut a chick out of the crew is so unlike J.T. Did he get hit on the head by a bowling ball and now think he is famous race-car driver Goggles Paisano?

I blame Mel for my turn to the dark side. He taught me griefing is fun. I tried to explain this to a guy who wrote an article on the AV Club about GTA Online - look, my job sucks, my life sucks. Everyone exists to poke me with a sharp stick and listen to me yell.

It's oddly therapeutic to repeatedly kill pre-teens as they yell "STOP KILLING ME!" First off, I hate to be an old prude, but pre-teens should not be playing this game. Second off, the real big breakthrough moment was when I discovered I had options. If I don't wanna be picked on, there's Invite Only rooms. I have no one to blame but myself if I get killed in a public room. If I don't wanna get killed, I quit and join an Invite-Only room. Of course, there was the one time another dude got in my invite only room and killed me for my bounty, but that's only happened once.

EDIT: All I know is Assassin's Creed IV Assassin's Creed sucks.

• Like 1

Sorry stout i will take the blame. I showed the crew how to be dickheads in freemode. But i blame burke for talkin me into gettin the game on 360. Was gonna buy it on ps3 so really its his fault but dalm how else was i gonna meet my neighbor and my fellow brethren. Memories made but more forgotten. Laughs are plentiful and cussin is deep. More than not we play while we should sleep. If we all end up in the slammer for life we will still run loose and maybe more wild. Without hesitation or fear for remand, we could blow up everyones personal car throughout the land. In freemode or juvie we will remain the best crew by far cause we are the crew THE DVDR.

If i hafta blow up burkes speed buggy 10000 times stout im gonna try to get in with ya.

Oh and im lovin black flag. Actually been playin it a lil here and there. Cant get on tonight again gotta work on my suppose to be off day.

• Like 3

Eh, I was gonna take a break to watch more basketball. I'm thinking about getting the most recent Forza game after liking racing so much in GTA Online.

I can't get the hang of Assassin's Creed. It takes me 6 times to do anything, and even when I do it, I haven't the slightest idea how I did it. Plus the type seems kinda small, or maybe optimized for a HDTV (yes, I still have a TV with a tube - it was free and it works, so screw it), so I can't see what's going on. It'll say "press (something) to do something, and I don't know what button to press.

Plus I'm pissed it wouldn't let me jump down a well and have to be rescued like Baby Jessica (now there's an old reference, you young folks. Google it.)

Plus I'm pissed it wouldn't let me jump down a well and have to be rescued like Baby Jessica (now there's an old reference, you young folks. Google it.)

I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse as far as feeling old, but this was the first major news story I have a memory of.

I'm hopping on right now to either split some heads or get my ass whipped for a while, if anyone wants to join.

• Like 1

I don't know if this makes you feel better or worse as far as feeling old, but this was the first major news story I have a memory of.

I'm hopping on right now to either split some heads or get my ass whipped for a while, if anyone wants to join.

I'll join. D'OH!

Oh, and I remember boats sailing on Independence Day during the Bicentennial. #OldMan #TooOldForHashtags

I would've joined in last night, but I got off work Friday morning at 7 AM and had to be back in the office 3 hours later.  Wound up falling asleep halfway through dinner.

I should probably be killing dots tonight.  Matthew and I are flying on our own tonight while momma goes to a musical.

I could scare Matthew straight by showing him life on the inside.

Went into juvie for a little while last night before getting bored. First room I landed in had four people in it, counting me. The other three were fighting each other, so I had the rest of the map to myself. I tried to work on my daily objectives an invite everyone to a sporting game of tennis, but found no takers.

I then moved rooms to see if there were any other people in juvy (the tennis invite only invited the three other people in the room with me, making me wonder if there were just three other people in juvy). I landed in another room of 11 or so, and most of the people in the room were in a scrum at the airport. I blew up a jump jet with three people in it (two had to be on top of the thing, right? Don't those things only seat one?). One of them got into a jet again and it was stuttering across the map.

He blew me up a couple of times, and I was planning my exit when pretty much the entire scrum moved from the airport to Zancudo. I did not follow. I hate fighting there. A little too open, a little too much going on and too many of those army dudes. So I signed off.

Meanwhile, I'm in a chat with RUkered and he's having a great night blowing up every stupid that gets in his way.

• Like 1

Yeah, I got to be the hammer for the most part last night. It's all thanks to being able to move with that sniper rifle. One dude killed me, so I focused on him. Got him a couple times, and then he teamed up with another dot, and they chased me all over the map. Every time I thought they had moved on, they'd show back up in their little blue armored car again, which I blew up what must have been at least 8 times - not counting the other shit I blew up. (Save me a cell Stout)

They weren't low level, so they just had to be stupid. They never went off the radar or did any of the usual tricks. Just speed toward me, eat a rocket, get sniped, eat more rockets, etc.

As Ice Cube says, it was a good day.

• Like 1

The first time I try to Allah Akbar someone and eat an RPG, I start thinking "well, guess that's out" and start thinking about a ground attack. To keep coming at someone in any kind of car after they blow you up more than a couple of times is just stupidity.

That's really just a case of the game's makers not adjusting everything when new equipment comes out. They've introduced even more cars as weapons like the armored car, then they punish you (me, actually) for defending yourself against them.

Sorry stout i will take the blame. I showed the crew how to be dickheads in freemode. But i blame burke for talkin me into gettin the game on 360. Was gonna buy it on ps3 so really its his fault but dalm how else was i gonna meet my neighbor and my fellow brethren. Memories made but more forgotten. Laughs are plentiful and cussin is deep. More than not we play while we should sleep. If we all end up in the slammer for life we will still run loose and maybe more wild. Without hesitation or fear for remand, we could blow up everyones personal car throughout the land. In freemode or juvie we will remain the best crew by far cause we are the crew THE DVDR.

If i hafta blow up burkes speed buggy 10000 times stout im gonna try to get in with ya.

Oh and im lovin black flag. Actually been playin it a lil here and there. Cant get on tonight again gotta work on my suppose to be off day.

Yeah, you've definitely been a bad influence.  Not just in GTA either.  I took the dogs out a few nights ago when I realized I needed to go myself.  If I start listening to John Prine and telling people how my farts smell, I'm blaming you.

• Like 3

The first time I try to Allah Akbar someone and eat an RPG, I start thinking "well, guess that's out" and start thinking about a ground attack. To keep coming at someone in any kind of car after they blow you up more than a couple of times is just stupidity.

That's really just a case of the game's makers not adjusting everything when new equipment comes out. They've introduced even more cars as weapons like the armored car, then they punish you (me, actually) for defending yourself against them.

The whole thing is really poorly thought out.  Armored cars give people an advantage.  Hell things like the Zentorno do to.  It makes sense to level the playing ground by getting rid of em.  That costs you money, which I'm OK with, but then it gives you bad sport points, which is stupid.  Add in that the game gives you no indication that you were heading for bad sport, and that you have no clue why you went in there, and it's a really shitty system.

I was wondering if you had paid the Sisters a visit.  Are the skies still full of Lazers in those rooms?  I think I saw more jets in my two days in bad sport than I have in all the time since I got out.

Aside from the jump jet jumping all over the screen (I hate to automatically assume they're using a lag switch the way this game lags, but that's what it probably was, plus I was in juvie, come on), that was it. One person had out one of those big armored trucks (no gun turret). They were all pooling at Zancudo when I left, though, so I figured things were about to get way worse.

It's odd how few people have bought those jump jets and how few of those you see around. It seems that would be an easier solution than breaking into Zancudo every time you crash a jet. I know they're expensive, but there was even a really complicated car duplication glitch that popped up for a while a couple of weeks ago.