DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Reminded me of that Yosemite Sam cartoon where he yells "CHARGE!" followed quickly by "RETREAT!" Fitting for members of Foghorn Leghorn's Secret Service (a branch of DVDVR Enterprises, Inc.)

"Welcome to my shop, let me shave your crop."

I think that should be Mel's new sniping war cry.

I think my favorite part of the game now is only half ass glancing at player names and then just making up whatever we want. Today it was me, Mel, and Stout and we fought Cheeseburger (Chestburster), Cap'n Crunch (CapnCrump), and a couple others I can't remember.

I think I've finally perfected my cooked grenade drive-by's for this one. I may suck ass with guns, but I was a fucking master of that in GTA 4. Trying to get my old glory back. "If coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we'd have won state. No doubt in my mind."

• Like 1

I'm still amazed at Dan using a sticky bomb in the river to blow up my boat during a chaselast week.

Always be Unpredictable. Though I do admit that was a favorite of mine and just an alteration of one of my usual "escape from someone" tactics. Throw a bomb in front of your car while driving, so that way if someone is right on your tail, you stand a shot of blowing the fuck out of them without blowing yourself up.

Just did a solid 2-3 hours of nothing but missions on GTA: Probably made about 200 grand. Found a good group which was a mix of wild and focused: We managed to do Judging the Jury with just 4 of us.

My glory freemode death match days are back. Now I can say I'm just slightly buzzed and see six of ya cause there really is six but I've just got one gun for ya....and that's all I need. Tryin like hell to get my kill/death ratio to 2. That ain't great but me and rukered use to make it a point to kill a tank even if they got 20 kills on us it was just the point. But now I say screw it and go to passive or a new session. Glad my ass whoopin crew got to play earlier today if only for a few..will ride through hell and back for them boys *tips cowboy hat to rukered and jstout. (Missed the mis though getcho ass back on)

• Like 1

sorry man, been crazy busy with work stuff lately.  I've got a couple days off after tonight, but not sure if I'll be on tonight.  Last night we had our (post)holiday party at work.  Free beer on tap, stumbled through the door at about 3 am and had to leave for work at noon today.  I've felt like hammered shit since I woke up, so I will probably go home and pass out.  Tomorrow though, at some point, I will be killing shit on gtao.

*lucky number post*

Edited by misanthrope304
  • Like 1

I was having an awesome time this afternoon with Melraz and RUkered until work reared its ugly, ugly head. We'd cleared about three guys out and was working on a fourth when I had to go. Not a smart move for them to pile 3 in a car and come after us. It's not gonna end well for them somehow, I guarantee it. We had the rhythm going today.

Tonight was fine for what it was. Robert kept inviting me to the World's Dumbest Deathmatches. Sincerely, Saving Ryan's Privates and Maze have to be two of the stupidest things ever. Maze is stupid because you've got that big-assed maze and everyone just gets in the nearby building and fights/snipes. If you set foot in the maze, the very structure the damn deathmatch is named after, you will die repeatedly.

I didn't really mind the Vespucci Beach one (done it before), but words cannot begin to express how much I hate any player who does that roll-y crap when they're fighting in Freemode or a Deathmatch. I can't defend against that roll. Some guy shot me about 30 times in a row until I finally got the upper hand on him, and that felt fantastic after all that dying. 

Then I got into a stretch of missions with three pros and we made some serious bank. One mission - guess I hadn't done it before - paid me 25K, and as per usual, I did NOTHING to deserve a dime of it. I got hit by shots twice (never died). I never fired a shot at a computer opponent or did anything to help the team, yet made twice as much as everyone else.

I'll take it - bought the Roosevelt (the new car) and souped it up all the way. I did keep the stock black paint on it 'cause I like it. It needs to be about 20 percent faster, even fully souped up, but it handles SO well. It's my favorite Freemode car now by a longshot. 

I was having an awesome time this afternoon with Melraz and RUkered until work reared its ugly, ugly head. We'd cleared about three guys out and was working on a fourth when I had to go. Not a smart move for them to pile 3 in a car and come after us. It's not gonna end well for them somehow, I guarantee it. We had the rhythm going today.

Tonight was fine for what it was. Robert kept inviting me to the World's Dumbest Deathmatches. Sincerely, Saving Ryan's Privates and Maze have to be two of the stupidest things ever. Maze is stupid because you've got that big-assed maze and everyone just gets in the nearby building and fights/snipes. If you set foot in the maze, the very structure the damn deathmatch is named after, you will die repeatedly.

I didn't really mind the Vespucci Beach one (done it before), but words cannot begin to express how much I hate any player who does that roll-y crap when they're fighting in Freemode or a Deathmatch. I can't defend against that roll. Some guy shot me about 30 times in a row until I finally got the upper hand on him, and that felt fantastic after all that dying. 

Then I got into a stretch of missions with three pros and we made some serious bank. One mission - guess I hadn't done it before - paid me 25K, and as per usual, I did NOTHING to deserve a dime of it. I got hit by shots twice (never died). I never fired a shot at a computer opponent or did anything to help the team, yet made twice as much as everyone else.

I'll take it - bought the Roosevelt (the new car) and souped it up all the way. I did keep the stock black paint on it 'cause I like it. It needs to be about 20 percent faster, even fully souped up, but it handles SO well. It's my favorite Freemode car now by a longshot. 

Is there a way to turn off automatic invites to crew/friends?  I was just trying to spam deathmatches for myself and felt bad you kept getting them.  Usually if I see Prison Thugz or Saving Ryan's Privates I just leave ASAP.  I actually like the maze one, but setting up in a good area outside the maze early is key.  Unfortunately the folks we were playing knew that too.

I did an insane match over the weekend, something like "free RP and money lobby".  It was set for 15 minute team deathmatch with no kill limit & 16 people.  I finished with about 50 kills, and was barely in the top 10.  An enclosed space plus lots of minigun spawns equals chaos.

Is there a way to turn off automatic invites to crew/friends?  I was just trying to spam deathmatches for myself and felt bad you kept getting them.  Usually if I see Prison Thugz or Saving Ryan's Privates I just leave ASAP.  I actually like the maze one, but setting up in a good area outside the maze early is key.  Unfortunately the folks we were playing knew that too.

I did an insane match over the weekend, something like "free RP and money lobby".  It was set for 15 minute team deathmatch with no kill limit & 16 people.  I finished with about 50 kills, and was barely in the top 10.  An enclosed space plus lots of minigun spawns equals chaos.

Don't do that, I enjoy 9/10ths of them and I usually have absolutely nothing better to do at the time. Hell, I accept the invites, no one's making me. I'll just know now to skip "Saving Ryan's Privates" - I honestly can't fly a jet well enough to do well at that one and a helicopter is going to get blown out of the sky quick by a jet. I kept looking for a tank, but apparently there was only one, and it was occupied. It's not worth the trouble. I wouldn't mind it if it were only a bunch of people I knew, but not with strangers.

Now that I know the deal with "Maze," I wouldn't mind trying it again, but that's a pretty big flaw to have A. that big maze there, and B. the thing named "Maze" and not feature the maze prominently in the fight. 

Hey, you did that awful race series with me where you DNF'd two of three because they were just SO stupid. I meant to mention that. The first one on the golf course was fun, but then they got really dumb. That GTA race in the sewer was a masterpiece of poor design. Then I finished first in the playlist and was psyched because I'd never done a playlist before. Then I got 300 RP for winning the playlist. Yay?

Aw, I love the race on the golf course with the carts.

Maze is better if the host turns off game tags and health bars.  Otherwise it is like shooting fish in a bucket.  I prefer that tags and health bars stay turned on in team deathmatches since friendly fire is not friendly.  The priority targeting patch does not prevent you from murdering your teammate by accident.

This was a user-created race in a tight downtown area that got on the golf course. It didn't have the usual jump the cart one has, but had a jump from the golf course back to the "outside world." It was pretty twisty and turny, and short. One of the better user-created races. I think it was called "Gopher Hole," maybe.

You're being penalized for being in the maze, which should be the funnest point in the game to play from and the whole reason to do one called "Maze." Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Two days ago, I decided I wanted a Ubermacht Zion Cabrio (the convertable). I thought "I'll steal it, no prob, I've stolen it a bunch of times." Look all over the place for it, can't find it. So I buy it - $65,000. Screw it. You know the ending to the joke here: It was one of the first cars I swiped last night to sell to Los Santos Customs.

Hey, you did that awful race series with me where you DNF'd two of three because they were just SO stupid. I meant to mention that. The first one on the golf course was fun, but then they got really dumb. That GTA race in the sewer was a masterpiece of poor design. Then I finished first in the playlist and was psyched because I'd never done a playlist before. Then I got 300 RP for winning the playlist. Yay?

The first DNF was my fault.  I took chose the motorcycle when I shouldn't have, and died 3 times in a single race.  That's a pretty exceptional level of ineptness on my part.  The second DNF was partly because I was about to call it a night, and partly because the combination of muscle cars and water frustrates the hell out of me.

And yeah, that first race was Gopher Hole.  Couldn't tell you the other two.

I'll never understand some people. If you're a level 9, why in the hell did you just kill me when I saluted to let you know I was being friendly?

Not that I'm complaining - I'll happily wear your ass out with a minigun multiple times and, no, running in that clothing store won't save you.

I think he got the message when I rammed the cop car he was driving into a wall and shoved a sticky bomb up his ass.

• Like 3

I'll never understand some people. If you're a level 9, why in the hell did you just kill me when I saluted to let you know I was being friendly?

Not that I'm complaining - I'll happily wear your ass out with a minigun multiple times and, no, running in that clothing store won't save you.

I think he got the message when I rammed the cop car he was driving into a wall and shoved a sticky bomb up his ass.

That Level 5 who shanked me with a broken bottle a couple of weeks ago while I was minding my own business in an AmmuNation got a big lesson in GTA Online etiquette from Drs. Melraz and Stout. He'd throw it in passive mode, stand there like an idiot, get run over. He'd throw it in passive mode, get in a car, get blown up.

"We're teaching the youth a lesson."

"He'll thank us someday."

A level 3 ran up on me the other night. I killed him a couple of times, but didn't hunt him down like a dog for more punishment when he turned tail and ran. I was in no mood.

Oh, and nice avatar picture.

Edit: Good night of gaming with Mis. Not a lot got done, but some crates got picked up and some cars got sold. We made an acquaintance in the Austrian Sensation - I had just got done shaking the cops and was getting ready to figure out where I was when i saw a blip pull right up on me. Got the gun out, here we go, when he honked and offered me a ride. "Not everyone in game is out to kill you." Good driver, good fighter.

Before that, Mis and i were traveling in a car together and two other players were flying over us in a cargobob trying to drop a car on us. Well, we jam it under an overpass and get a few shots off, no biggie. The cargobob scurries and we carry on about our business. Later, I'm like "uh, we still owe them, remember?" We had the Austrian Sensation in tow by then, and one of them left the game on our way up to where they were. So we get the other guy 3-on-1 at some mansion in the hills and he holds his own against us, but things are looking bleak for him long-term.

He jams it into passive mode, so of course we start the usual ways of killing someone in passive mode - he jumps on something, I knock him off, someone else tries to run over him, etc.

Then he comes over the general chat room and says "why do you guys keep killing me?"

"Think it might have something to do with you trying to drop a car on us earlier with a cargobob?" 

"Yeah, I guess. I just wanted to see what it would do."

"Might be a good bet to experiment on friends instead of strangers, or these kind of things happen."

"Duly noted."

See, we're teachers. So we called off the dogs.

Man - some of the times you drop into the game as Trevor really keep you on your toes.

I mean I thought the starting with a 2 star was interesting but then I got in the middle of flying and laying on the train tracks as the train came back to back times.

Yeah, I cannot unsee the things I saw Trevor doing in his trailer.  I also got the tasty cutscene of him puking into a public fountain in Chumash right after I finished eating dinner.

I have also awakened on train tracks to find the train heading right for me as well as the aforementioned two-star while being chased by the cops.  I seem to recall Trevor shouting, "I swear it was self defense!" as he drove away.

Got the Gold medal for my fifteenth car bomb kill laaaaate last night.  Fucking Key Resolve...

We kept waiting for you to appear last eve. Not even evoking your name candyman style worked. :)

Once we saw you post on the board around 2000, we knew you were still at work. ...

Yeah, I have a SharePoint class in the afternoons and I have half-shifts at night for Key Resolve 2014.  My head hurts.

Your schedule sucks.

Though I think you would have also punted last night and moved to ME3 due to the nonsense going on with the GTA servers (frequent timeouts, constant party splitting, etc)

We knew you were working on the holiday (hooray mandatory OT pay) but were not sure about hours.

Im happy to not be playing today. I did so much grinding over the weekend to buy the Roosevelt that one night, my hands hurt.

Grinding money also kept me from finishing story mode, but i did do all the bounty hunter missions.

I was trying to get my strength up to 100 last night, so I broke my own rule and did Prison Thugz with randoms and pulled off a miracle win in a full room.  My chickenshit tactic of attacking people that are already engaged in a fight paid off again.

The bus ran me over about 9000 times in the match, which was driving me nuts, till I realized it was Dan in the damn bus.  After that I figured at least crew was getting the kills, till somebody yanked him out and I got my revenge.