DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Melraz, ol' buddy, it is always a pleasure and an honor to shed blood with you, man.

So, yeah.  Hopefully I will get out of class on time tomorrow so I can play golf with Dr Kinky Amy69 before Rippa and I go on our usual Wednesday Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Binge.

The JT Car Bomb Kill Count is up to 17 victims.  Nearly got my ass shot off delivering the latest one to the golf course parking lot.  It is getting so a dude can't even drive around the block on pub servers without getting shot at anymore.  I have to create Invite Only sessions for myself just so I can go buy ammo.

And aye, MB35.  360 Crew will go megaton at the drop of a hat so give a shout out if you are in dire straits.  I think we've all been waiting for an excuse to go apeshit on another crew and start a rivalry.

Our gamer tags should be in the Online Meeting thread and of course at the crew page on Rockstar Social Club so you can start sending out Friend Requests..

Oh, and I finally collected all of those damned spaceship parts.  Fuck the developer that put one of those pieces right under the bridge on the buttress.  I will never ever make that precise of a parachute jump ever again.  I was kinda bummed that:

the only mod available for the Space Docker is bulletproof tires.  I was kinda hoping to get ray guns or something.

• Like 1

Jeez, what a day. "Where you goin'?" was the call of the day as the following kept happening:

1. Someone would mess with us.

2. We'd mess way back. 

3. They'd run away screaming

4. We'd follow

5. They'd realize Jason Voorhees was after them with a sharp hatchet and several sniper rifles and the only way to get out of Camp Crystal Lake alive was to leave.

6. "StonerGoof420 has left."

7. "Where you goin'?"

I took my share of killings, don't get me wrong, but I'm very happy with my role as Crew Bait - I make the opponent worry about killing me so much that they don't realize they've got three different people with them in their scope crosshairs.

To continue the inevitable theme, I'm Bugs Bunny dressed in drag and Elmer likes what he sees. Too bad he's about to get a buwwet in the head.

J.T., I thought of you during this crazy sequence today from Freemode: Player comes driving up to me, I have no idea whether she's there to do me harm, so I kill her (female avatar, don't know if they're really men or women). Another player immediately drives up and gets out of his car. I'm trying to shoot him, but dammit, I'm missing. He's ignoring me and heads straight for her car. He gets in, and BOOM! The ignition bomb goes off, killing him and me. I'm like "the hell?" Intentionally crazy way to kill me? Maybe. Lot of trouble for nothing? Definitely. 

I'd like to get a crew rivalry going, and I'm surprised we didn't start one today when we chased off the six guys from whatever crew that was. None of us bothered to remember the crew initials. You'd think it would be PSSV the way they kept going into passive mode when they were about to meet another messy end, but I don't think that was it.

And then toward the end of the night, who ambles along but the Austrian Sensation himself, Herby. Gotta try to get him on the crew. He's in a crew, but it's one of those "people who like to off-road" crews or whatever. There's a bit of a language barrier, but not too bad. And he's really good at this game - can handle himself in Freemode and drive like no one's business. We were doing backflips with a road bike through power lines with two on the motorcycle, and you wanna talk about something that looks awesome in first-person mode.

Yeah, MB35, if you're in Freemode in the same room with whomever and you're getting messed with, we're on it. If you wanna work on some missions, we're usually eager to make a buck. I'd be happy to throw some races, whatever. We'll get you leveled up.

• Like 2

J.T., I thought of you during this crazy sequence today from Freemode: Player comes driving up to me, I have no idea whether she's there to do me harm, so I kill her (female avatar, don't know if they're really men or women). Another player immediately drives up and gets out of his car. I'm trying to shoot him, but dammit, I'm missing. He's ignoring me and heads straight for her car. He gets in, and BOOM! The ignition bomb goes off, killing him and me. I'm like "the hell?" Intentionally crazy way to kill me? Maybe. Lot of trouble for nothing? Definitely. 

Yeah, your most vulnerable times are getting the bomb fitted and delivering it.  I have gotten shot dozens of times trying to get into or leaving LS Customs.  The mod garages are heavily camped.  You can count on at least one guy per session to camp the nearby roof and gun down folks just trying to mod their cars.

If it is not a Simeon Premium Import Export vehicle, I try to put my booby-trapped cars in the heavily traveled areas in the game: the golf course (if you get a list from Simeon, there is a 99% probability that the car with the best payout will spawn at the golf course) and around the LS Customs near Rockford Hills. 

I tend to use cars from Simeon's phone text lists like Mammoths or Jackals, or high dollar vehicles like Felons or Ballas.

If I am feeling particularly mean, I'll just park my bomb right in front of the garage doors of the LS Customs near Rockford Hills.   I can always depend on ADD and muscle memory to get me a cheap kill.

(Damn!  Who left this fucking car here???  I'll just move it mysel.... BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!  FUCK, WHO BLEW ME UP????)

If I do manage to get my hands on the Premium I/E vehicle, then I put the car anywhere.  The green icon beacon does my work for me.  I actually look forward to Simeon's I/E cars because I either race to booby-trap the car itself, or I race to the port to plant my bomb near Simeon's depot.  I think three of my car bomb victims jacked my trapped car to get back into the city.

I prefer to think of myself as Tito Santana using the Figure Four against Greg Valentine.  I came across some Rank 100 dude named KillerStephen last week that just ran around the city shooting low rank players, so I rigged a bomb, drove up to him, went passive, and ran away. 

He tried the old run you over with your own car trick.  BOOOMMMM!!!!  Sorry about your damn luck, KillerStephen.

My Unsporting % is now up to 45%.

I always rig a bomb In front of the garage doors if someone is camping LS Customs.  They never fail to try to move my car because it prevents their potential victims (ie. low rank guys getting their first POV) from getting to the mod shop.

I haven't collected a player bounty in over a week.  People just leave the session or hide in their apartments now.

Two nights ago (since last night there wasnt really anyone on and I was tired) - I was waiting in a public session for the fellas to finish up Mark's boat race (since I got timed out when we were loading in).

One dude was running around in a tank and another dude was lighting up anything that moved with a Buzzard. At first - I had thought he had gotten the Buzzard to take out the tank but nope.

Really - what is the fun in that?

I just chilled in my apartment until I got the next invite

Yeah, tanks are a menace (unless it is JONES blowing up people on behalf of DVDVR)..  If I hear explosions when I spawn into a session, I flip the TV on the WEAZEL and spectate.  If there is a tank rampage, I just bail.  They are just looking for lowbies to blow up. 

Low ranked people are usually considered to be bullet fodder because they haven't unlocked any of the better weapons in their arsenals, but you can never tell what they are packing. 

I saw a Rank 30 guy stare down a Buzzard and then shoot it down with the minigun he'd obviously picked up during some Survival match and kept for a special occasion.  Nice!  I'll bet the pilot never saw that coming!

I try not to shoot everyone I see in Free Mode, but it is hard.  The best (and worst) thing you can do is enable the session chat channel.  You can get a feel about whether or not the policy of the room is don't start none / won't be none or if it is the Wild Fucking West.  However you'll have to deal with a lot of YOLO and whatnot from the other players..

Speaking of YOLO, I have recently found myself targeting players with "sniper" or "killer" in their gamer tag or who have "KUSH," "YOLO," "DERP," in their crew tag.

I griefed some Rank 10 bastard with the game tag "rheypest" for nearly fifteen minutes over the weekend out of GP.  My girlfriend approved.

Somebody got the kill of his lifetime on us last night.  I had a bounty on me when melraz and jstout picked me up in an annihilator.  Then we went over to grab misanthrope over near downtown.  As soon as he gets in the chopper, I see somebody hurtling at us full speed.  Before any of us had a chance to react, the world explodes, netting the guy 4 kills and 2 bounties in one shot.

Hope it was worth it for him.  He paid for it over and over and over till he finally took off.

Crazy_Harry.JPG

J.T.'s GTA self-portrait. That "parking cars in front of the Los Santos Customs" thing is fantastic. I'd have never thought about someone doing something like that and I'd be all like "who left this car here? Lemme move this car. CRAP!"

And yeah, people are way too quick to grab a tank. We were fighting with some dude last night and he was really doing well against us - we weren't kicking his ass by a longshot - and he grabs a tank. Melraz is like "screw this" and left, but me and Mis stuck around and tried to take the guy out. A guy we were fighting was helping us against the tank, then helped us follow the guy back to town after the police blew his tank up. We kicked the goof around until he left.

I think the best policy is to go ahead and leave the room, or maybe head home to watch Weasel News and call muggers on the guy in the tank.

That guy who blew up four of us in a helicopter had to know we weren't gonna go "good show, old bean" (golf clap) and move on. He probalby wasn't counting on a fifth joining in or us shooing away cops like "go away boy, you bother me" while closing in on him.

Does any of the PS3 crew hang out with the recently banned Gonzalez?  I have gotten PM's from the other Commissioners and Reps as to whether or not we should keep him on the roster.

I am not in favor or booting him from the crew if the PS3 guys still actively game with the dude.

Crazy_Harry.JPG

J.T.'s GTA self-portrait. That "parking cars in front of the Los Santos Customs" thing is fantastic. I'd have never thought about someone doing something like that and I'd be all like "who left this car here? Lemme move this car. CRAP!"

DID SOMEONE SAY BLAST?  HEEHEHEHEHEHE!!!  I love Crazy Harry!

If you ever see a car parked directly in front of LS Customs, blow it up with a grenade or something because it is a trap.

Is it a perma ban?

From the board? I think so.

As for the crew, we are invite only so if we boot him and he tried to join back up,  he'd have to be re-invited.  It would be a perma ban if no one reinstates him.

Gonzalez is a lieutenant himself, so only a Commissioner or our oyabun, Neil, can demote him.

Suicide bomber?

I was wondering how he did it, and I honestly have no idea.  I was on the opposite side of the chopper from him, and couldn't see what he was driving.  When I respawned he was driving past in a POS 80s Cadillac.  Made it easy to get the first revenge kill.

Crazy_Harry.JPG

And yeah, people are way too quick to grab a tank. We were fighting with some dude last night and he was really doing well against us - we weren't kicking his ass by a longshot - and he grabs a tank. Melraz is like "screw this" and left, but me and Mis stuck around and tried to take the guy out. A guy we were fighting was helping us against the tank, then helped us follow the guy back to town after the police blew his tank up. We kicked the goof around until he left.

I think the best policy is to go ahead and leave the room, or maybe head home to watch Weasel News and call muggers on the guy in the tank.

That guy who blew up four of us in a helicopter had to know we weren't gonna go "good show, old bean" (golf clap) and move on. He probalby wasn't counting on a fifth joining in or us shooing away cops like "go away boy, you bother me" while closing in on him.

After getting several of JT's carbomb and ladies messages in the game, I'm now picturing him as part Desmond Llewelyn, part Smoove B.

• Like 1

'I just blew up 15 more guys with ignition bombs, bringing the count to 2,502. Recruited Juggalette4Lyfe420 to the crew."

In the spirit of the St. Valentine's Day pack, I propose:

A Juggalo pack with a Faygo cannon weapon and a clown car you can improbably pack at least 10 players into.

A stoners pack with a weapon where you can blow pot smoke at other players and Cheech & Chong's "Nice Dreams" van from the movie.

I am just thrilled to discover that car bombs are actually useful.  There was a time when I never saw myself actually using them and now they are my go-to weapon in public sessions.  The bait car approach of trapping vehicles that appear on Simeon's list has provided lolz but it is an expensive prospect.

As for Amy, I am a sucker for damsels in distress.  When I was in her session last week, she got killed five times in the span of a few minutes and that can't be fun so I struck up a conversation.  Moongirl is playing more CoD: Ghost these days with her West Coast clan so I figured it couldn't hurt to have another regular female around... maybe with a mic this time.

You still keeping up with the SWVA girl, Jstout?

Oh, back to car bombs:  don't wander too far away from your car bomb or it will despawn. 

I thought I would hide once in the metro tunnel near the mall waiting for someone to take the bait but the joke was on me that time.  Got shotgunned by my intended victim while going to see why my bomb failed to detonate. 

My single Wile E Coyote moment in my car bombing career.

Is it a perma ban?

If you mean on the board... yes

As for a suicide bomber - I would think you just load up the car with sticky bombs and then just trigger them when you get to the spot you want

• Like 2