DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I got 2 kills on melraz in one of the deathmatches - that might be the highlight of my GTA5 career

Dan, Dolfan and I did Processed last night and it went way smoother than I have ever done it before. Granted - it helps that I kinda know what the fuck I am doing now.

We did the motorcycle race "Off the Rails" which is a really good concept in theory - since you are racing on the train tracks with a train coming. Problem was, before the race started, the train plowed over Dan thus basically eliminating him before the race started. And then I was able to beat the train across a gap and there was no chance either of them was going to catch me so the drama was very minimal.

If I didn't become obsessed with trying to fly under bridges - I might have actually finished the jet race we did too

OH! And to answer a question that Mark and I were talking about the other day.

Apparently - if you change your friendly fire setting, it does not automatically move to default in deathmatches.

That is why my auto-aim wasn't working last night and I so am not good enough yet to work with out auto-aim.

I go into passive mode under two circumstances:

1) Tank

2) Need to go away for a bit, but don't want to turn off the game.

Yup. Exactly. I'll find something really tall to stand on and put it in passive mode if I'm not near the apartment. 

And Rippa, thanks for the info about the Friends setting and deathmatches. 

By the way, as a heads up, the Austrian Sensation Herby~! is now a member of Team DVDR. He doesn't come on until most of y'all have gone to bed, somewhere around 1 or 2 a.m. Eastern. I hope y'all get a chance to game with the guy sometime because his enthusiasm is infectious and he's really good at the game. We had a blast tonight clearing the map again. "OK, our room, everybody get the hell out." We're the bouncers of GTA online. "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here." BOOT.

One poor sap tonight was the last to go and had two guys closing on him hard in cars at the same time three others were parachuting in, and he correctly figured out this probably wasn't gonna end well for him so he exited stage right, even.

I've yet to read Herby the riot act about the crew rules. Lemme make sure I get them straight:

1. Help each other out in Freemode if absolutely possible. If crew's getting screwed with, screw back.

2. Hands off the underage Juggalettes - that's J.T.'s department. "Juggalette4Lyfe16? LOL, I"ll pretend U said Juggalette4Lyfe18. Wanna play golf?"

By the time I got my SharePoint Lab done last night, you guys were gone.  I got an A on my homework though. 

Played golf to top off my rank and get to 90.  Now I have to jet through 90 to get to Rank 91 and acquire an Advanced Scope for my brand new Heavy Sniper rifle. 

Got to use it this morning on some asshole camped at the LS Metro station across from my penthouse on Alton.  He was just there shooting at anyone that came along. 

It was cool to try to navigate the paths of races I've never done before.  Weird that I am such a creature of habit and that there are so many Rockstar races I haven't done. Finally won fiftieth race, got my Racing Brunette tattoo (best available left arm tattoo for me), and unlocked the Chrome paint job.  I may have to buy a Hexen chopper and chrome it out.

Melraz and I were in the zone during that team deathmatch.  I think it was the proximity to the Vanilla Unicorn that inspired us.  Must've been the lingering smell of peach body oil in the air.

I love and hate that deathmatch at the Otis farm.  There is a lot of cover and some killing fields where you can get set up, but I always seem to spawn in an area where I am in immediate danger, so I have to slog back to safety and reset myself.   By that time, I usually get shot and have to pray that I respawn in a good spot. 

I used my pistol 95% of that match.  Whenever I'd get close to a pick-up, a firefight would go down in the vicinity.  I'd have to take cover as not to get spotted.

I took a friend of mine to the Richman Manor aka The Playboy Manor to prove that boobies are not entirely censored from GTA:O.  One day I will take a selfie of my GTA guy at the grotto party.

Yeah - we bailed out at 10 EST.

Oh Dan, Dolfan and I also did the Lodge Deathmatch again with just the three of us and it was just as much fun.

Part of that was we discovered that you can easily get up on to the roofs of the buildings.

I think it our 7 player version none of us had a change to even think about climbing up there.

Some real life information I just found out.  

Ruslana, the DJ from GTA IV's Vladivostok FM, is one of the leaders of the Ukrainian Maidan movement (the protesters/revolutionaries you're going to hear a lot about over the next couple of days).   She's also been the subject of many death threats from pro-government thugs.  

Just damn...

That is fucking crazy.  The shit in the Ukraine with Yanukovich been dominating my tablet news feeds for the past week.  Looks like there is some sort of truce deal going on.

I hope she's okay.

2. Hands off the underage Juggalettes - that's J.T.'s department. "Juggalette4Lyfe16? LOL, I"ll pretend U said Juggalette4Lyfe18. Wanna play golf?"

Aw, that's mean!  Most of the grrll gamers I have talked to have been adults. 

The exception being Moongirl who I know is a freshman in college because she goes to Fresno State with my cousin's kid.

I think I have shot most of the Juggalos and Juggalettes I have come across in the game.

Yeah - we bailed out at 10 EST.

Oh Dan, Dolfan and I also did the Lodge Deathmatch again with just the three of us and it was just as much fun.

Part of that was we discovered that you can easily get up on to the roofs of the buildings.

I think it our 7 player version none of us had a change to even think about climbing up there.

So you are telling me never to play in the Lodge Battle deathmatch with any of you guys ever again.

Well - you hate chaotic death matches because you can't stay in cover for all 10 minutes - so it's not just the Lodge Battle you hate.

Of course - the highlight was Dolfan telling me to check my auto aim settings and then promptly killing me when I did so.

I am a fool

• Like 1

Well - you hate chaotic death matches because you can't stay in cover for all 10 minutes - so it's not just the Lodge Battle you hate.

Of course - the highlight was Dolfan telling me to check my auto aim settings and then promptly killing me when I did so.

I am a fool

Hey, cautious killing has paid dividends for me in the past.  I have learned my lesson from past missions and have a healthy respect for guns and hard cover in this game.

Gaining better proficiency with the run and gun will just make me a better all-around murderer but in order to get there, I will have to deal with you assholes and your intimate map familiarity.

But yeah, I am better in deathmatches when I have a few seconds to plan and shoot.  Everyone spawns on top of each other in Lodge Battle.  Lots of panic fire and prayer but my free aim skills aren't that bad, so I hit more often than not.

I also get shot more often.  Not cool.

Anyone know who Flirty Bertie is?

They have a crew tag, but neither JT, Phil or I knew who they were.

Yeah - fess up fuckers.

I don't mind cool homies and homegirls being brought into the fold, but we need to start introducing any non-board players to the rest of the crew. 

We are going to start taking a better look at the Muscle and cross-referencing gamer tags with the DVDVR Game Tag / Social Hangout thread..

It was cool to try to navigate the paths of races I've never done before.  Weird that I am such a creature of habit and that there are so many Rockstar races I haven't done. Finally won fiftieth race, got my Racing Brunette tattoo (best available left arm tattoo for me), and unlocked the Chrome paint job.  I may have to buy a Hexen chopper and chrome it out.

The Hexen isn't that great IMO.  When all the dirty money was going around, I had a modded one in my garage and it still handled pretty poorly.  IIRC the one Johnny used in The Lost and Damned was a specially modified one.

The Hexen isn't that great IMO.  When all the dirty money was going around, I had a modded one in my garage and it still handled pretty poorly.  IIRC the one Johnny used in The Lost and Damned was a specially modified one.

Damn.  I loved Johnny's bike.  The devs need to put the Wolfsbane from TLATD into this game.

I am a fool

"Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat."

• Like 2

I am a fool

I have fallen for the Dolfan okey doke before. 

We were in free mode once and Dolfan kept shouting "LOOK OUT, MOUNTAIN LION!" and he'd start shooting.  I would get hit by some gunfire but didn't think much of it because I'd been mauled enough by mountain lions in story mode......

Then it dawned on me that there are no animals in GTA:O...  Mountain Lions are only in story mode....

Good thing I didn't die or friendship bullets would be in order..

• Like 1

I was trying to grind Deathmatches for money on Monday, to earn a Roosevelt (I've got a Tornado as my Sports Classic. It's not very good). Some low level arsehead put it on Forced + Pickups on Horseback Hell, and that cost me 9000+ rounds of Advanced Rifle & Heavy Sniper Ammo, and it's a terrible map - plus it was glitchy as hell. I'm on a roof shooting him with an Adv. Rifle, he (behind low cover I am shooting over the top of) has time to change to a Grenade Launcher, stand up, shoot a Grenade near me, and run away as I blow up, without dying. So I quit, and back in Freemode somehow my Advanced Rifle has disappeared as well, so I have to buy the damn gun back as well. Trying to get money, wound up $60,000 down on where I started.

Now Tuesday, by comparison, I jumped into Grit (Pistols only) as a 4 vs 4. Half the guys quit or were kicked or something, so it was 2 vs 2. And then it becomes apparent that one guy on each team is AFC, so it's basically me (Level 150+, triple figures Deathmatch wins) vs another guy (level 21, two Deathmatch wins) plus a couple of tackling dummies. I kill him twice, his dummy oncvve and he quits. So now I have 18 minutes to find out where the guy is spawning and pad my stats. Went 22-0... see how when people die in Deathmatches, they drop money? It's $5, multiplied by the number of times they've died. So I picked up over $1000 from him in that one.

Haven't seen Gonzalez playing GTA Online since November-ish. It's one of my greatest disappointments in the game, that here's a situation where we PS3 types could potentially have had Gonzalez and FSW in the same room at the same time, with the ability to both converse and murder one another, and we'd get to watch... and it never happened.

Some low level arsehead put it on Forced + Pickups on Horseback Hell, and that cost me 9000+ rounds of Advanced Rifle & Heavy Sniper Ammo, and it's a terrible map - plus it was glitchy as hell. I'm on a roof shooting him with an Adv. Rifle, he (behind low cover I am shooting over the top of) has time to change to a Grenade Launcher, stand up, shoot a Grenade near me, and run away as I blow up, without dying.

Oh, he wasn't an arsehead.  He was leveling the playing field.   Our in-house deathmatches are a lot more interesting when we're limited to forced weapons especially if it is a pistol, but it doesn't do any favors for my Scoped Out medal progress for kills with a sniper rifle.

I am not fond of Horseback Hell as a map, though.  There is a propane tank every five square feet.  I always find myself shooting them offensively to score cheap kills and defensively so I have a place to hide without getting blown up.

And before you all jump on my case about it, there was another time shortly after that where Dan was riding in my car in a mission. But before he got in, he stuck a sticky bomb to the car and said, "I'm not gonna detonate it, it's just for insurance." then gets it. We drive about 5 feet and it blows up. Our team is out of lives already.

I honest to god don't remember the second one: I will fuck with you all the time, but not during a mission, unless you do something completely infuriating.

Lets not even go into your times of calling Mercs on me, destroying my vehicles, and what not though, eh?

Also, it was J.T. on the mission: it was before Christmas, Phil didn't have GTA yet.

Oh, it absolutely happened, but I don't believe you blew it up on purpose.

Yep, it was me on that mission and yep, the sticky bomb incident actually happened. 

I recall wanting to shoot you both myself.

What El Dragon failed to also mention is that IIRC he started shit with the cops that very same session that the Big Fresh Elbow o'Doom happened and Dragon elbowed me to death when I came out of Bincos to see what was up with all of the gunfire and sirens.

Dragon had to nerve to try to use the same flimsy explaination on me that he refused to accept from Fresh. (ie. twitch reflex.)  It wasn't going to happen right then and there, but I was planning on eventually giving him his well deserved friendship bullet to the brain.

All debts between Dragon and I were paid during the "Graveyard" misunderstanding.  I didn't feel particularly remorseful for shooting him because it sounded like he wanted thrill of hunting me for the bounty on my head and I intended to show I wasn't that dude you could just roll on, but I got his truck impounded after the headshot on top of the medical cost for the respawn.  Bad form on my part. 

I think we all know better not to fire at one another unless it is a part of the job.

• Like 1

Once I hit 1K player murders and get my Seven Sins tattoo (one of the rare inks I'd actually wear), it would not bother me if I never participated in another in-crew deathmatch ever again. 

Until then, I need them kills, yo.

• Like 1

I still can't master JT's car bomb technique.  I tried it again last night with no success.  I'm gonna keep at it though.  On the way to drop off the rigged car last night I picked up a tail.  He took a couple shots at me so I shot him in the face for his trouble.  While I was waiting for the heat to die down, I look him up and notice he's level 8.  That was ambitiously stupid on his part.

Had fun helping spread chaos across free mode last night.  Five us were going after some guy with a bounty holed up in Ft. Zancudo, when the asshole interrupted my doomed attempt to jump an 18 wheeler off the side of a mountain into the base.  Pissed me off - I was almost at the jump when he got me.  Went after him with a sniper rifle to get my revenge, going on somebody's guess that he was on top of the control tower.  I couldn't see him he was so far away, but I did see muzzle flashes after he started shooting at somebody else, and that was enough.  By far the longest shot I've made in the game thus far.

I hear ya, Rob.   The new thing for low-rank guys now is to camp player apartment and attack in gangs of two or three.   I always have to take cover right outside my front door just in case there is a death squad waiting near my garage.

I am up to 20 car bomb kills now.  LS Customs Downtown is the most camped place on the map. 

Snipers on the rooftops, car bombers like me sniffing around. guys in tanks parked near City Hall firing up the street.  It really sucks.

I am very disappointed.   The Trust No One award tattoo you get for 25 total car bomb kills is a tramp stamp.  I was kinda hoping it would be on my forearm like the Ride or Die tattoo.

To contribute to the Passive Mode discussion, I go passive when:

1. Tank

2. Idle, but don't want to quit out of the game.

3. After I drop off my bomb.

You have to stay close to the area where you drop your bomb off, otherwise it might despawn, and IIRC it will automatically despawn if you die.  So I go passive and loiter around Ground Zero until someone flips the killswitch.. 

If I drop it off at LSC, then I hang out on the rooftop of the Diddler Sachs mall and I hang out at the Playboy Manor if I drop off my bomb at the golf course.  Passive Mode always turns itself off after someone trips off your bomb and you have to wait out the 30 second timer to reactivate.  Plenty of time for your victim to seek vengeance.