DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

So is it ME3 night?

Yep, that Is tradition.  There is talk of weaning ourselves off of ME3 and transitioning to Borderlands 2 on Wednesdays, but Rippa and I are still paranoid about letting our Galactic Readiness scores dip below 80%.

Depending if / when Amy is online tonight, I will try to get her to play a round of golf or let her get through some missions.  Her frustration with public servers is at critical mass.

The girl from Southwest Virginia XBox Friended everyone in our playing party but me :( I think I left too early.

Was Amy in the general chat? That's how I met the chick from SWVA - she was on complaining about how a bunch of computer guys were shooting at her (she did something to offend in the 'Hood), so I came riding in and took 'em all out and said "get in the damn car."

Problem with trying to save damsels in distress is there are so few women playing, every dude in chat is like (in Butt-Head voice) "hey, baby." It's hilarious.

My big thing is, much like Jack Donaghy, I've been looking for someone to mentor, a new player to show the ropes to. But they're oddly hard to find. One guy was on a few minutes ago complaining that he had no money to buy His First Garage, and he was coming up with all sorts of convoluted schemes to make money like betting on and throwing races.

I was busy trying to snipe a tank at the time, but I was gonna suggest "or you could work for a living," and see if we could get through Boneyard or some of the well-paying missions. But he disappeared while I was fighting the tank.

Speaking of YOLO, I have recently found myself targeting players with "sniper" or "killer" in their gamer tag or who have "KUSH," "YOLO," "DERP," in their crew tag.

I griefed some Rank 10 bastard with the game tag "rheypest" for nearly fifteen minutes over the weekend out of GP.  My girlfriend approved.

This may have been the guy I was bitching about in my post when y'all said "your first mistake was trying to be nice," but the guy who shot me was really low level with a player name of PlayerSlayer09.

How can I resist making him blow all his money on hospital bills with a name like that?

And regarding tank assholes - a few nights ago I was playing with a couple of guys (I'm struggling to remember who it was now). Maybe Fung and Mis? Either way, if I recall, we were whipping this guy's ass; he gets a tank and gets his revenge. I only manage a couple of rockets in between 3-4 deaths.

Then it hits me - "Oh hey, I have a tank too."

So I roll up on him and destroy his tank - I believe we all kill him a few more times. Then one of the other crew says, "I think he's going for a Buzzard." Sure enough, here he comes.

And in my proudest shot of the game so far, I blew the bastard out of the sky with my tank. Not that impressive, but when you shoot like a drunken dog with cataracts, you take what you can get.

We then waited on him to quit being a bitch and come out of his apartment, but he wouldn't. I didn't want to let myself become a tank asshole, so I hopped out and blew it up so he wouldn't come out and get it.

• Like 2

I clearly do not have JT's car bomb skills.  I tried it out a couple times on my lunch break.  First time I'm pretty sure I got too far away.  The second time I tried placing it right in front of the Los Santos Customs downtown.  I left it just outside the the little barriers before the garage.  I also tried to stage it to look like somebody got in the car by shooting out the driver's side window.  People just rammed it out of the way.  I'm guessing I either need to set it right outside the door or try using a remote triggered one.

Forgot to mention a really weird deathmatch encounter.  I was playing a team match out at the beach.  I'm sitting up on top of a building behind a little ledge with 2 other guys waiting for anybody to be stupid enough to make a run at us while we're in cover.  After a couple minutes of this, I look over at the other two and notice that the one furthest from me is on the other team.  My teammate is right next to him and completely oblivious.  I blasted the other guy before he figured it out.  I guess all 3 of us were so intent on watching the open ground that we never gave each other a second look.

• Like 1

Herby is a madman.  Coolest European I've ever spoke with.  Genuinely a good dude I believe,  Also, a complete maniac on a street bike. 

Yes, I was in there RUkered for the tank asshole you killed and we griefed into being a bitch.

Marathon Mission (Coveted is easy as shit on Hard, with tons of RP and a payout of $18k) session last night, my bank roll approves.  Anyone else notice that when you first spawn back into the game since the last patch that you are always carrying your total bankroll in cash, and have no money banked?  This is me, all the time now, and I have to be very careful to check, so I don't lose what little money I have.

Hey if anybody sends me a fried request put dvdr in there somewhere so I'll know it ain't a weirdo and I'll definitely accept it. I think I have 8 friends on xbox and they are all dvdr. But considering gta is the only game I really have it makes sense.(I was a big ps3 man but rukered talked me into gettin gta for the xbox) And if for some reason yall get deleted I play on my wife's account cause I'm to cheap to buy my own and she may delete ya but if she does I'll try to send a new request.

Actually, if someone puts "DVDR" in there, you'll know they're a weirdo.

It's really not the game anymore, hell, it's the fun playin' the damn thing with everybody else. RUkered went to bed and I was ready to actually quit for the night early and get some rest when a GTA friend of mine I haven't gamed with in weeks came on. So I had to stay up with him and our GTA buddies. We all hopped the train and put $9,000 bounties on each other and rode around the map shooting the players who'd try to take the bounties. Finally, someone claimed a couple of us with a rocket.

I was trying to blow up someone's Roosevelt (the Valentine's Day car) and it eluded my grasp until we ambled across him trying to get it out of the impound lot and killed him. He spawned away from the impound lot, so I snuck over the wall, blew up his car and left.

And then Herby showed up and we did backflips on dirt bikes and he showed me how to knock the big orange off the juice stand. Tomorrow, though, starts Operation Make Herby Some Damn Money so he can get a Coquette.

• Like 1

Was Amy in the general chat?

Yep, poor kid.  She didn't realize she was broadcasting her location to the people trying to kill her.  She was on last night but she was mostly in story mode.

I was on for an hour or so after the ME3 kill fest and last night was bittersweet.  I tracked this guy Mike Lima 2000 over half the city to collect the $5K bounty on his head only to have some Rank 13 guy blunder into my scope while trying to nab the bounty for himself.  The Rank 13 guy's head exploding like a melon from my sniper bullet alerted Mike that he had to deal with a second shooter.

My next shot on Mike Lima 2000 was perfect.... just in time to kill his placeholder when he switched sessions.  I got a one-star warning level and had to the Rank 13 guy with return fire in the process of trying to leave the scene of the crime.

Sooooo angry...  I will probably have to wait nine more years before I am able to get that close to a decent bounty again.

I used to think that the key to car bombing was the players in the session.  I wouldn't try it in a session filled with a majority of Rank 80+ guys 

I assumed that every player over Rank 60 was familiar with vehicle bombs enough to be aware of those sorts of traps and avoid them, but I have had guys my rank (89) and higher set off my ignition bombs.  Vehicle Bombs don't seem to be in widespread use. 

Even with all of the YouTube vids on Car Bomb Trolling, I can still leave my trapped car right there at the Downtown LSC where every other YouTuber does and someone will eventually set it off.

I try to use the high payoff vehicles that Simeon asks for (Tailgaters, Schafters, Patriots) or I use the vehicles that go for $8K to $9K resale at LSC.  Ballas and Felons make for excellent car bomb bait.

Even with all of that prep, it is hit or miss.  Savvy players will just lob a grenade at my trapped car and circle the block until the debris goes away or simply go to another location.

I am not sure you have that much to fear.  I haven't met my fair share of planners out there in GTA:O pub server hell.  The average player is a lot more direct with his violence.

I may be one of eight guys in the world that actively uses car bombs.

Another reason to stick to invite only/crew/solo sessions.

I can't get that 1000 kill tattoo just doing deathmatches with you guys.

11726314.png

Especially since it will jive thematically with my back tattoo.

11726454.png

and the one on my right arm:

11726470.png

I hate most of the left arm tattoos.

Hadn't thought about leaving a tasty $9,000 SUV right outside that downtown Los Santos Customs (parked like one of the other cars there, naturally) with a car bomb on it.

General chat may give out your location, but it's a fine way to make allies, too, or at least get yourself out of a scrap. I was trying to fight a tank and wound up right next to another player separated by part of a building, so I got his player name and asked if he was in the room. He was, so I told him I had nothing against him, I was in town for the tank. So we headed off in different directions battling the tank instead of getting all butthurt shooting each other.

Public servers are fun. Even the dumbest crap becomes a challenge of man vs. man. "Can I get this car to a Los Santos Customs without some goof trying to kill me?" "Can I step out of my apartment without some goof trying to kill me?"