DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I'm completely inept at tennis, and never played golf.  I finally did a little storyline over the weekend and opened up tennis.  Amanda kicked my ass - I maybe won 6 points.

I'm chalking that up to not having played tennis on a console since Intellivision.

I hit 100 strength during that match, so that was a plus.

Speaking of raising stats - I finally decided I was sick of my lagging stealth and lung capacity, so I spent time yesterday maxing those out. I had a piece of the 4th bar for lung capacity, so it probably only took 15 or so minutes.

Stealth was a different story. I crouched and kept circling the same block forever until my thumb was numb. So I found a long, straight stretch of road, did this, and went to the kitchen to make food.

f7fbc993-1918-43cc-9ad9-cf6e1a1ba739_zps

• Like 1

Deciding to rep the DVDVR green for a time now that I'm getting back into this. Is there any custom playlists you guys have put together?

I think Dan (Novacain in the crew) just built one in the last day or so that - in theory - has the more popular stuff that we play

Deciding to rep the DVDVR green for a time now that I'm getting back into this. Is there any custom playlists you guys have put together?

I think Dan (Novacain in the crew) just built one in the last day or so that - in theory - has the more popular stuff that we play

Cool, thanks. Found it on the Social Club

Mark and I were talking about doing all the stuff that was crew created.

What I see are

Mark's 3 (2 races and a deathmatch)

Dolfan's 1 race

Robert's 1 race (did you finish this because if so we should do it)

cyberinsekt has 2 races (whoever you are)

MoonWaves created a race (is this Moongirl?)

Tromataker has a race

There is also a race created by deadNicki1car but a.) it doesn't look finished and b.) he doesn't appear to be true crew

Neil might have just created one but it doesn't show up in the list when I search by crew created things

My race is intentionally pretty fucked up. Basically you play it as a GTA race and steal something good, since I make you start out on utility vehicles.

There's a lot of gas tanks up front to trap cars in for you to steal.

It also makes a fun foot race with guns

In regards to Dan's playlist

I like how he is trying to sneak Wind Turbine in. My feeling is that the ONLY parachute jump that any of us like is Terminal Velocity

I am not sure how big you want the play list but Jump and Die has to be on it.

Personally - I would also take Mansion (assuming that is the one Deathmatch at Michael's place) over Horseback Hell. But that is also me still be bitter over the misleading title.

Mark and I were talking about doing all the stuff that was crew created.

What I see are

Mark's 3 (2 races and a deathmatch)

Dolfan's 1 race

Robert's 1 race (did you finish this because if so we should do it)

cyberinsekt has 2 races (whoever you are)

MoonWaves created a race (is this Moongirl?)

Tromataker has a race

There is also a race created by deadNicki1car but a.) it doesn't look finished and b.) he doesn't appear to be true crew

Neil might have just created one but it doesn't show up in the list when I search by crew created things

I would avoid the race I created.  I was experimenting with somebody's suggestion of doing a two checkpoint race from one end of the map to the other - basically letting people choose the route they think best.  The end result was not good. 

I've made 3 races

GTA race with utility vehicles outside of the airport

GTA race with compacts at the horse trace

Air race that loops around the map

The air race is boring, but it's an easy way to get RP and cash and boost your flying skill.

Yeah - on the Crew page it says there were 30 things created by members.

But when you click on the link - the Rockstar database on shows 10

EDIT - AH-HA! I am an idiot. I didn't realize I had to toggle between the 360 and PS3 tab

Well, fuck.

I left my wallet at home, so I had to bounce from Midlothian to Chester to eat lunch.  I logged on while my soup was cooking and decided to see if I could get a car bomb delivered to my favorite spot at the Los Santos Customs near the Vinewood Hills.  Jstout and Melraz were online (I am envious of your game time) but I made myself appear to be offline to avoid my friend's cousin who always messages me and talks for hours when I am gaming.

Anyway, I was 2 for 2 in Kills / Deaths trying to deliver the car bomb and suddenly there was a Special Crate Delivery banner!  I went to get steal a helicopter so that I could be in the air and in a better position to swoop on the crate.   Melraz joined the session I was in minutes before the crate drop and the drop zone spawned literally a block away from where he was.

Melraz got the crate and I assumed the guy he shot was trying to snatch it from him. 

One of these days I will be the first to get to a Special Crate.  That will probably be the same day I get a Hole In One.  March 33rd, 2199.

So you are saying your cousin is VeeLox

No.  My friend is Don (not Silent Don aka Don1004 aka Ess-Tee-Mother Fucking-Gee) aka BanthaRodeo and Dargathan is his cousin the player I avoid.  He is not a bad dude but he doesn't know when to take a breath in between sentences and I did not have time for a lengthy conversation.

I hopped on for a bit this afternoon while doing laundry. I work evenings five days a week (am off today and Wednesday), so I miss all the quality playing time with the crew. I'm mainly on at 1 in the morning when it's me and MIsanthrope selling cars and trying to stay out of trouble.

This did manage to happen, and was awesome. Here is the whole room: Me, six guys from the same crew and someone who's hanging with them. So it's 7 guys hanging together vs. me. A crate drops. I'm chasing the crate while literally all 7 are headed toward me in their cars.

My exit strategy: "Well, if it gets too bad, I'll just change rooms, screw it." But then here came Melraz. It's 7 on 2 now. The poor bastards. Two quit, leaving it 5 on 2, Jones joins, making it 5 on 3, and we proceed to stomp them into life in passive mode running away from us as quickly as possible. Misanthrope joins in to make the odds almost even (and much less fair for the other crew).

I should've challenged them to a crew rumble. IT'S ON! YOU GOT SERVED!

• Like 2

I was home for lunch when you guys were, but I had to roll back to my SharePoint class.  

I was there when Melraz showed up in my session to literally walked one block and had a Special Crate drop zone appear right in front of him.

If the Korean Battle Space Center forwards me the patches I need for my C2 suite, I'll be on at a decent hour tonight.

I was home for lunch when you guys were, but I had to roll back to my SharePoint class.  

I was there when Melraz showed up in my session to literally walked one block and had a Special Crate drop zone appear right in front of him.

If the Korean Battle Space Center forwards me the patches I need for my C2 suite, I'll be on at a decent hour tonight.

Yeah I got lucky with that special crate. It's usually a big huge fight over them. I just had one guy come at me. He ramped a suv at me I shot him in air and then stepped over to watch the suv crash where I was previously standing. That's the first special crate I've seen inna while.

Yeah I got lucky with that special crate. It's usually a big huge fight over them. I just had one guy come at me. He ramped a suv at me I shot him in air and then stepped over to watch the suv crash where I was previously standing. That's the first special crate I've seen inna while.

I was in a Buzzard near your position.  I was about to fire on the guy but you got him instead.

I try to get a heli into the air so that I can make a good run at the drop zone, but getting to a Gold Create first is still pure luck.

Sometimes it feels like everyone is shooting at me even when there are other players for the Merryweather mercs to shoot at the drop zone.

I was in a Buzzard near your position.  I was about to fire on the guy but you got him instead.

I try to get a heli into the air so that I can make a good run at the drop zone, but getting to a Gold Create first is still pure luck.

Sometimes it feels like everyone is shooting at me even when there are other players for the Merryweather mercs to shoot at the drop zone.

They are hard as hell to get most of the time. That's just the third (and by far the easiest) that I have got. The other 2 were a death match with me and 4 or 5 other people. I've got close to 2 more but got killed. If I'm ever inna session with ya and one comes in. I'll hold off every mother fucker in the map for ya if at all possible so you can get it.

Somehow, everything I read on here sounds like insane amounts of fun. This thread alone convinced me to get Gold just for this game. I feel like I need to play more to get better haha. Also need to find rooms with cool groups. Whoever said earlier that the dudes first mistake was trying to be nice is totally right. Although I wish I'd end up in rooms with people like that. I'm all for just going nuts in free mode on occasion...but it seems to be the majority with most.

I ran into my first tank dude just blowing everyone up the other night. That was fun, I tried vehemently to take him out. In the end I realized I gotta get the skills up before I keep trying. Rank 14 and mostly only good at driving ain't gonna take out no tank! One day, I will destroy one of those bastards though.

Somehow, everything I read on here sounds like insane amounts of fun. This thread alone convinced me to get Gold just for this game. I feel like I need to play more to get better haha. Also need to find rooms with cool groups. Whoever said earlier that the dudes first mistake was trying to be nice is totally right. Although I wish I'd end up in rooms with people like that. I'm all for just going nuts in free mode on occasion...but it seems to be the majority with most.

I ran into my first tank dude just blowing everyone up the other night. That was fun, I tried vehemently to take him out. In the end I realized I gotta get the skills up before I keep trying. Rank 14 and mostly only good at driving ain't gonna take out no tank! One day, I will destroy one of those bastards though.

Are you on x box or ps3?