DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah, a lawn mower was another choice. "Silly but fun" accurately describes it. I wasn't even really that mad that I couldn't get up the hill. I was having to pull over and let other players through. Maybe Utility is an only an option with the user-created races. Golf carts on that criss-cross center ramp track might be entertaining, providing it could clear the ramps.

I've never tinkered with the race creator - would it be feasable to do a demolition derby? I know there are Auto Deathmatches, but they involve tanks. I'd like to do a course where people drive only stock (no modded with extra armor) cars and when their car blows up, they die and that's the end of their race. Last man standing. Maybe just one particular kind of car, muscle cars or the like. Put in some dead cars and buses as floatsam around the track, and those gigantic propane and gas tanks would make for a fun addition if possible.

We could always just do it in Freemode. I'm game.

Suffered through the Trevor mission that also served as I guess a flying tutorial. God that was brutal. I think I crashed 4 fucking times.

The worst was the time where I landed the plan but missed the hanger and in the process of trying to taxi the plane - blew the fucker up against a tree.

Grr...

At least I can buy properties now.

The bombing runs you do with Trevor are kind of a PITA. Still nowhere near as bad as the flight school in San Andreas though.

one thing to keep in mind is that there is always a plane and helicopter at Trevors airfield, both on and offline.

TBH the difficulty in this game (or lack thereof) is a joke.  I've been replaying San Andreas and even the early missions are way longer/harder than most anything this game throws at you.  The only reason some missions are tough is that the controls aren't great (firing while driving for instance).

Nothing is worse in the GTA universe than trying to fly the Dodo in GTA3.  I got good enough to fly past the "ghost city".  After that, none of the flying in the subsequent games seems all that tough.  I think the driving school in San Andreas is far more frustrating, especially the last lesson where you have the Super GT (which is one of the worst handling vehicles in any GTA game, hands down) and have to do a loop around the city wioth a super strict time limit.

Somebody on the board posted the bright idea of doing the cockpit view for the flight school back when San Andreas came out.  Flight school became fairly easy to get all gold with that.

I'll echo Neil on the driving school being harder.  There was one test in that where you had to do 5 laps around a short track.  Trying to get gold on that was the most difficult thing for me in any GTA game.

In addition to the new clothes and gun and car, bunch of bonuses this weekend. I think this is why the payout was so high on my boat race last night.

IN-GAME REWARDS

In addition to the limited-time-only Valentine’s Day Massacre Special content that can only be redeemed between Friday, Valentine’s Day through the end of February (but once redeemed, you can hold on to it for good), we’ve lined up lots of special in-game rewards exclusively for players this weekend to help you paint the town red.

Special Event Crate Drops. Make-out big by lurking around some of San Andreas’ most secluded spots such as the secluded beach in North West Blaine County, the Stables, Del Perro Beach, the Observatory Car Park and, of course, the VINEWOOD sign. Special Event Crate Drops will be falling from the skies in those lovers’ lane locations frequently, stuffed with huge RP bonuses, a range of SMGs, and Sticky Bombs to give that special someone some serious separation anxiety.

Triple GTA$ payouts for all Sea Races. Cruise the waterways of Los Santos and Blaine County and if you can best your rivals in a Sea Race, your happy ending will be extra sweet with triple the GTA$ payout.

Triple RP in Arm Wrestling all weekend. Lock hands, make some awkward eye contact and push for glory and triple the RP.

RP bonuses for riding in cars with others will be awarded up to three times as fast, whether you're in a traditional twosome or a full-on ménage.

Free cinema tickets all weekend to your choice of date night screenings.

Look for love in all the wrong places with free shots and free lap dances at the Vanilla Unicorn.

PLUS for old time's sake and by popular demand, we're also turning on Triple XP in both Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption all weekend long (through end of day Monday).

Note that this isn't the beach bum pack, nothing is free.

The new masks suck. Fucking lucha masks online already, fuck.

Clothes will get you an awesome gangster suit. They're pricey but look good.

There's a sweet tommy gun

The car is awesome but it costs $750,000. Says it seats six with only four seats so I think you can have dudes ride hanging on the sides and shoot at people.

It's also a big patch for the game. No mechanic anymore, your car teleports when you call for it. Cornrow shit is fixed. You can do a race solo and get money. A lot of other shit too.

Your so drunk your probably seein double......I've got two guns one for each of ya.

Dammit, Doc Holliday. 

Have you recovered enough to start kickin' Freemode ass again?

We were having a good time playing missions the other night when I got the itch to go blow people up because there were four of us. Problem is, Melraz here had released the Kraken all over his poor self and was GUI (Gaming Under the Influence). We march into Freemode, get into a fight with two dudes and they proceed to shove one up our asses until it's decided we'd better back away from the Freemode until everyone's a bit more sober. You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em, and we folded 'em.

Reminded me of that Yosemite Sam cartoon where he yells "CHARGE!" followed quickly by "RETREAT!" Fitting for members of Foghorn Leghorn's Secret Service (a branch of DVDVR Enterprises, Inc.)

• Like 1

Your so drunk your probably seein double......I've got two guns one for each of ya.

Dammit, Doc Holliday. 

Have you recovered enough to start kickin' Freemode ass again?

We were having a good time playing missions the other night when I got the itch to go blow people up because there were four of us. Problem is, Melraz here had released the Kraken all over his poor self and was GUI (Gaming Under the Influence). We march into Freemode, get into a fight with two dudes and they proceed to shove one up our asses until it's decided we'd better back away from the Freemode until everyone's a bit more sober. You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em, and we folded 'em.

Reminded me of that Yosemite Sam cartoon where he yells "CHARGE!" followed quickly by "RETREAT!" Fitting for members of Foghorn Leghorn's Secret Service (a branch of DVDVR Enterprises, Inc.)

That night was purdy rough. I was runnin on a hour and a half of sleep and a lotta alcohol. But man I didn't know there was just 2. I was seein like 8.....I've got 8 guns one for each of ya.

I'm gonna try to be on tonight if the railroad don't call.

Weird night last night. For all their talk of more crate drops, crate drops were horribly broken last night, and players were playing stupid. Misanthrope and I did a few missions with other players where they absolutely handled business while I struggled to do anything productive, yet still made my cut of the juicy loot. Then we started doing those team missions, and how those suck. Why did they bother puttting Captures in the game when the team missions are pretty much the same thing?

Then there were stupid interactions with players, a Level 3 guy attacking me at one point (really?) and tons more stupidity. There's not really enough to do in Freemode except shoot at other people, and all of the other crap's getting completely rote. A new car and a spiffy suit isn't gonna be enough to bring this patient out of the coma it's lapsing into.

You've been able to solo your created races and get RP and cash for a while now.

I had never done them solo before so I wouldn't know for sure but they made it a point to say in this latest update that solo races paided cash now

So I finished the Cletus thing to unlock hunting and I seriously took two steps and got mauled by a fucking cougar.

Then when I was chasing the parachute guy in the bail bonds mission - I fucking got mauled again.

Fucking nature

There's a certain joy in waiting for some doofus who just tried to kill me with a helicopter before he wrecked to climb five flights of ramps in a parking garage on foot before I killed him as soon as he popped up on-screen without him getting a shot off. Try again, monkey.